Nuvell Auto Finance / Harassment!

1352 Ninth StSlidell, LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 985-640-9969
I was sold a 2005 Sebring, my registration and ins papers show the VIN # means a 2004. On top of this, because of Katrina (a month after I bought the car) my wife was out of work for 2 yeras, which put us way behind with everything. I have been trying to work something out with Nuvell, such as a lowering of interest rate or extension of loan, anything that will make the payments doable now that she's full time again. My phone rings (no lie) every 15 minutes and it's Nuvell. Even when I talk to them, the phone rings 15 minutes later. If I could find ANY company to re-finance this car and get it away from Nuvell, maybe extend the loan or lower that ridiculous interest rate, it would be a good solution.I even offered the car back and they don't want it.

Comments

Da
  14th of Jan, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
My experience with Nuvell has been very good..my husband was laid off from his job also and two weeks later the plant shut completely down, leaving all bills on me..His income was twice my salary..Even now it is hard but Nuvell has work with me at 101 percent..Although my husband has gotten another job through temp agency and the company will hire him permanenlty next month it is still hard catching up..I am presently one month behind not includingt his month although I will make a payment this month and hopefully will catch up before this month is over..I will not make decemeber payment until this month..they have work with me...now have you to know also several months ago was in car accident with my jeep and it does not drive like it did..If nuvell took my vehicle today I will never give them a bad name because they did everything humanly possible to help me..They are good company

David and Clarice Riley
  15th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Nuvell is, as others have commented, is bad news. I have been trying to get them to change my billing cycle from the 15 to the 30th! They won't do it. They would much rather charge me late fees and eventually repossess my car which they did recently. Thre's no reasoning with them. I sent a return receipt letter requesting modification - -this is my third request, and they never answered. Nuvell uses threat tactics to keep customers fearing the loss of "their property" as a lady once told me. I got my car back two weeks later, after much expense and aggravation. And now, I'm still wondering what's going to happen since I caannot make the payments on the 15th! Why? Because I get paid on the 30th every month! You would think this would be an easy one to fix. I would never do business with them again. Never ever, again.
Er
  29th of Oct, 2009
Nuvell is a total fraudulant company that has now gone out of business FYI, My situation is that I recieved a bad contract from the dealership I purchased my car from. I recieved credit for a trade In amoun of $4, 580 and a downpayment of $700. on my Missouri Title and license which brought the net price to $19, 319. Yet my contract states $24, 000. Also on my contract it clearly states that Im suposed to have late fees applied on the 15th of each month but Nuvell had been applying late fees on the 10th of each month, Ive also debated the fact that I am not able to pay my car off without paying the total interest of $13.800. Interest that has not occured yet, they call it a Simple Loan. The total amount stated on my contract for a plain standard Chevy Impala 2004 without alloy rims, leather seats, No SS model is $42, 000. Can anyone belive this? I havent been able to speek with anyone of importance about my issue. I have contacted the Attoney General and the Missouri Division of finance. The problem I have with Nuvell is that they knowingly took on this fradulant contrat. IF anyone has experince something similar I would like to know before I file suit. (morham34c@att.net)
Re
  31st of Dec, 2009
These guys are the pitts. I recently decided to payoff my loan with them to help ease my monthly burden as I have another car payment as well. You would think they would be ok to get all the money owed to them, but that was not the case. It took me 2 weeks to get a payoff amount. After I paid the car off and had the title, they called me 6 times a day to tell me my payment was late and that they were going to repo the car. I explained to them 5 times that own it and have paid them off but came home to find a tow truck repossessing the car! I was very angry and showed the driver the title and made sure he understood that if the car was removed the cops would be called! He was embarrassed and did apologized said he didnt work directly for the company but he was was hired to repo non payers. I told him he should get a new gig with a company that has a clue. Even he agreed! These guys are incompetent on their best day.
  16th of Apr, 2010
And they are S.O.B's to boot. No compassion, no understanding, no brakes from them.
Ur
  27th of Oct, 2010
I have had the same experiences with his stupid company. They call me up to 15 times a day. They are rude when you call to talk them about anything. They make threats of coming to get my car if I dont pay my payment on time. I cant get it refinanced through anybody else due to the fact that I am about $4000 upside down because the interest rate is almost 21%. They will not do anything to lower the rate for me so I can maybe survive this car. I will never recommend this company to anyone!
  27th of Oct, 2010
In agreement, although as of recent I have talked with different people and the "I am the rightful owner of your car" attitude has changed dramatically!

I still have a problem in that they insist on charging me late payment fees every month (they owe me about $ 240 by my calculation) as of September last year, because I'm paying at the end of the month - -when I draw my salary. I have not been able to convince them that I get paid at the end of the month and not bi monthly. I keep getting the calls like clock work on the 13, 14, 15th and so on!

I did return their own form stating that I needed to be billed at the end of the month. I have written and spoken to them on numerous occassions, and they still insist on billing me on the 15 of each month. This is troublesome to me, 'cause they have their own way of counting days of delinquency, and I'm constantly on edge wondering if one morning I'm going to try to get in my car to go to work, and find out that it's gone!

This is no way to do business and I'm also paying a very high interest rate. But, as I stated, there seem to be some people that are more reasonable now and at least will listen to the customer. I'm almost done paying, that God! I never want to be in this kind of situation ever again.
Pi
  18th of Jul, 2011

Nuvell Auto Finance - Car Repossession
Nuvell Auto Finance

I purchased a 2005 Hyundai Elantra at Colonial Hyundai/Catillac through Nuvell Auto Finance in 2005. Had 25 miles on it and it was beautiful and loaded. I put $2000.00+ on it and drove off lot. My payments were $334.00 mo. At the end of, 12 days before Christmas, 2008, I came upon hard times and my income was decreased. I tryed to make arrangements with the company and there was nothing they could do. The people in collections were very nasty, like I stole their money! (Fell behind two payments and like a thief in the night they repoed the car). Said I could pick it up in South Jersey within 15 days if I pay $1500.00. In three days I had the money and called. They told me the car was sold! Of course the car was in impeccable condition, full tank of gas and only had 36, 000 miles on it! It also had a $30. crystal ball hanging on the rear view mirror!
Pp
  25th of Jul, 2011
My husband and I have a similar store- we were screwed on a loan that we had to take because we needed a vehicle at the time. We were on time with our payments and made almost three years worth of payments when my husband lost his job. We asked that they refinance our loan on our 2004 Chrysler Sebring (which we were due to pay almost 17K for), or we were going to have to return the car with a volunteer repo. They stated that they wouldn't do either and that the car wouldn't be worth the return. They called a million times even when you let them know what was going on and even if your payment wasn't late.