Nutro Products / Free Bag of Food Rebate

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-833-5330

I participated in the scam that Nutro was running early last year (2008). It stated on the rebate that you would be reimbursed for the cost of a bag of cat food, less taxes. Fine. I bought 6 bags on the same receipt, and redeemed them from my home, my sister's, various friend's and my mother's. It said one per name, household, or address. I send in the rebates, and my mom gets hers, my sister too. My friends and I, however, all receive the same letter that states the rebate is null and void because we didn't send in the right paperwork. I sent in EXACTLY what it asked for - receipt, rebate form, UPC code. I did all 6 rebates at once, so obviously my mother and sister's were just fine. I contacted Nutro, who told me to fax in my paperwork, and blamed their fulfillment house for the error. Guess what, never heard a word after that. I have called and emailed repeatedly. No response. I even contacted the BBB. Nutro has an F rating with hundreds of complaints listed. The BBB closed my complaint because even they couldn't get anywhere with Nutro!

Shocking! Needless to say, they will never get a dime of my money again, and I am letting it be known to everyone to avoid this, as I see they are doing the Free Bag Scam again.

Ni

Comments

• Mr
      7th of May, 2009

Nina,
    I'm sorry for the aggravation you experienced with your rebates but, I would thank the good Lord for a huge blessing in disguise. If this incident caused you to longer support Nutro then your pets safety is no longer at risk. Are you aware of the history of Nutro? They are killing our pets all in the name of profits. People are finally wising up to the "FACT" that their products are tainted and causing countless pets to fall sick and even die. This is a fact. After the recalls in '07 this company is STILL in the news! Of course they are losing money and will do anything to get customers to continue buying their poison and lure new customers by offering bogus rebates. Please spread the word!
    All my best to your pets.

• Mw
      18th of May, 2009

I agree. Do not feed any of your pets Nutro food! Check out the consumer affairs site. Everyone should contact their FDA if they have a sick or dying pet who has been fed Nutro. I have! It is very important to get info to the right people to shut them down.
    M. Williams
    Upper Michigan

• Ss
      29th of Mar, 2014

I bought a bag 2 months ago with their free bad mail in rebate scam. I sent in all the required forms a documents and have never received a check. I will be reporting them to the FTC, attorney gerneral's office, and BBB and no longer buying their products.