Nutrigenic Life - Acai Xm / Fraud

1 3609 N 29TH AVENUE, Hollywood, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-440-4397

I was just on the phone with them for over an hour. They claim they sent me my 10 day trial on the 1st. I did not receive until the 13th, The package is postdated for the 10th which is when my trial time ends. I just got charge $87 for somthing I didn't get a chance to try. They will not refund your money. This is one hell of a scam there running.

Comments

• Co
      19th of Mar, 2010

I also ordered this product and had the same concern you are having. I ordered 2/23/2010 and customer service stated it went out the 26th of february. I received an extension for my 10-day trial period to 20 days. By the 19th day i still had not recieved my acai berry cleanse, but always seemed to talk to customer service, so I canceled on the 19th day. I received the product on the 18th of March and the postage was dated March 15, 2010. I am now trying the product, so I hope I don't absolutely love it because it takes along time to receive it! I do not know if I was charged a monthly fee because I have not checked my Credit Card statement. The product is called Maximum Burn Xtreme which the internet states its for men, with 900, 000 sold, and helps decrease body fat, increases metabolism, helps reduce appetite, boost energy levels, and is a powerful antioxidant. It consist of L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, Caffeine, Acai Berry extract 50 mg, Phenylenthylamine, Synepherine HCI, Guggul extract, and Yohimbine HCI. I am also exercising and eating a nutrional diet. I have never done any type of diet pills before only diet and exercise, so I believe that anything will help. I really hope this product is effective as they state!!! There customer service sucks and they are located in Miami Florida and London. Also when I go back to the website the acai berry cleanse seems to be different than what I received!!! In 30-days I hope to come back to this website and post my results to better assist you folks with more answers. I am located in California and trust me I worked for a company that worked with nigarian fraud, so I do not want to be scammed!!! This product just takes time to get to your home, but I am not trying to sell this product, believe me it is very frustrating!! Good luck everyone!!

• Pa
      26th of Mar, 2010

The product seemed to do nothing for me, when I contacted customer service to cancel everything seemed fine. Then a few hours after I called to cancel, 2 days before trail ended they charged my card, I have been on the phone with them twice, with the same poor customer service. I will be going to my bank Monday to fill out paperwork to file complaint against them. This company is a joke, stay away from them.

• Ka
      7th of Apr, 2010

Have not received my order which is surpose to be a free trail yet they have taken out just over £26.00 also another company have taken out money as they have got hold of my card details so please check your bank accounts, have been reported.

2nd of Jun, 2010

June 1
    I ordered my free trial bottle for $3.87. A week later the product had not arrived. I called to see where it was and they told me it shipped the day before and they gave me an extension from 10 day trial to 20 days. I asked the rep to give me the exact date for the end of the trial period and she wasn’t sure? I told her I was going to have to have an exact date so she thought for a bit then told me it was June. Given the lack of professionalism I pretty much already knew I was not going to continue to do business with them and marked my calander for June 1 as the follow up date. I recieved the product a couple of days after calling. I started taking it that day. The pills made me feel sick! I kept taking them thinking my body would adjust. On June 1 I decided I did not like them and went to cancel my account. They had already billed me $87.47 even though the rep told me I had until June. I explained to them what had happened but they refused to work with me. They insisted I needed to continue to take the pills for at least 2 months and tried to offer me all kinds of discounts. I told them to cancel and refund me my money, they refused so I demanded to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor acknowledged that the rep likely did not realize there were 31 days in May and told me the wrong date for the end of the trial. Even then they refused to refund my money. I told them I would let my bank handle it. They tried to tell me the bank would have to go by the notes in my account and that I would not get a refund. Do not listen to them. I am not the only person who had this exact same problem. Let your bank handle it and refuse any auto ship product. Share your story so we can save others from going through this!
    June 2nd 2010
    Talked to my bank (BOA) and they said they will put a stop payment and reverse charges once the $87.47 posts. Customer service for Nutrigenic Life told me yesterday that my account was canceled but after reading others complaints I decided to look closer at the email cancelation confirmation they sent. You have to read carefully... It reads, "Please take a few minutes to read the following AS WHEN YOU SUBMIT THIS FORM you automatically accept the following terms and conditions and confirming the order process. You are confirming that that your future subscription WILL BE CANCELLED effective as of today." This requires you to submit a form that they do not provide or tell you how to find. Many people have been under the impression that the phone call was good enough to cancel the account but were billed for more auto ships. Don't be fooled! Outraged, I called again. This time I informed them that I would be taking legal action and seeking a class action lawsuit. The customer service rep was certain there was a link in the cancelation email that should take me to the form but it was not there, nor did the message clearly state that you are required to fill out a form to complete the cancelation. I told her this was a big problem and would be an open and close case in the court of law. She assured me my account was cancelled and not to worry. I then told her I would not take a verbal confirmation and that I require a written statement that clearly states my obligations to cancel have been fulfilled considering I had already been misinformed by a previous rep regarding the end date of my trial period. Even though they admitted the rep likely told me the wrong end date for my trial period they were going to go by the date they put in their notes. Do not take their word, demand it in writing! After all this B/S the rep today told me my trial period ended on June 1, WTF? She said she is sending my account to billing to have everything cleared up. Mean time I intend to let my bank file a fraud complaint in case they were just trying to tell me what they thought I wanted to hear. To be continued…

• Do
      9th of Jun, 2010

I had the samething happen to me. I ordered the free trial bottle for $3.87 and did not recieve it until about 2 weeks after I ordered it which was just last thursday June 3rd. When I called today to cancel they had already charged my account $87.47. I told them I wanted a refund cancel the account. They refused and I continued on the phone with a "supervisor" for about another hour. I asked the supervisor how I was expected to trial something and determine how I liked it when I did not even have the product. The trial period had ended before I even got my product!! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. They refused to refund the $87.47, but said they would give me $20 back, but it would take 10-15 to process. It certainly did not take them 10-15 days to charge my account. After reading everyone else's horror stories I called my bank and they filed a dispute on my charge and refunded my account immediately. They also closed down my debit card and issued me a new one so that no other charges could be issued by this FRAUD of a company. Thank god for my bank!!!

• Su
      15th of Jun, 2010

exactly the same has happened to me but in the UK. so the amounts are in £ sterling. I have phoned the london number - no reply. I have text - no reply and I have written. I now need to visit my bank. Be careful if you take the tablets as I was very allergic to them. Good luck all.

• Iv
      15th of Jun, 2010

After I read all the comments above I decided not to wait for this company to resolve my issue and to credit my credit card back. I when ahead and called my bank to dispute the charges. My bank called this company NUTRIGENIC LIFE to investigate about the charges alredy made to my account and they disconnected the call. My bank is doing a charge back for the charges made. I will recomend for every one to do the same and don't wait for those customer care representative as you all now their service is really bad. Good luck and hope every one of you get your issue resolve.

• Sp
      3rd of Jul, 2010

7/3/10...see my comments under "trial..." for this company... I'm having the same experience as others...trial period is a joke...my bank account has been charged before I even had a chance to try the product - charged the same day that I received the trial bottle of pills...customer service is a workout to deal with - and, when they do tell you that it's taken care of - it's not!! no way to get a confirmation e-mail from them - i was told that it's "not their policy" to send e-mails & such - each representative that you talk to handles it differently - they either hang up on you or they promise to take care of it - they don't...
    they don't seem to be at all concerned by threats to get attorney involved...

Is there some kind of agency or someone that's taking these guys on?? are they being investigated for fraudulent business practices? they are clearly in the business of ripping people off!!

• To
      29th of Jul, 2010

I can't even get a correct goddam phone number and I know these guys are going to screw me over unless i get it sorted. If anyone has there phone number so I can ring them from England and cancel it would be much appreciated. time is of the essence...watch this space.

11th of Aug, 2010

I too was scammed, & intend to call my bank and hope they can help me. I had the product 5 days when I was charged the $87.47 and also a .70 fee for overseas shipping. Everyone needs to be aware that they give you no help when you call. They say your money is non-refundable. Please don't anyone else be taken in Good Luck!

17th of Aug, 2010

I too was ripped off by these scammers!!! FREE TRIAL... No such thing.. i just realised they have taken $87.47 out from my account and i only recieved them on friday, its now tuesday.. i just called tham to ask them why!! they said the FREE TRIAL had ended and that in the TERMS OF CONDITIONS it clearly states that you will be charged if the bottle is not returned unopen before the 10 days are over... thats a bit hard considering it has taken 8 days to arrive to me in the uk... DONT think so, this was very clever marketing, false and unlawful what they are doing. I am going to my bank tomorrow to ask them for assistance as this surely is fraud.. how these scammers can continue to rip innocent people off.. WE ALL need to act in trying to get this company stopped from further scams!!!

• Do
      21st of Aug, 2010

I join the club of being ripped off!!! I ordered Acacia Max Cleanse, & received Maximum Burn Xtreme, I have also been charged. I have lodged a dispute with my bank and blocked my card. Apparently theses charges can still be made even if my card is blocked as I have agreed to their terms & conditions. I cannot even cancel my card as they can still make charges??? I cannot contact them to cancel... does anyone have phone or email contact, I am in Australia and I have to make contact to cancel, although after reading your comments this seems futile! I have the same problem with Advance Colon Cleanse, although I did receive the correct product and I have cancelled it online and with a phone representative I am still being charged! Anyone one with contact info please help..

• Di
      27th of Aug, 2010

god to i feel stupid!"!, i have been scamped too. recieved my free trial after the trial date and got charged. worse to come was i went on holiday for 2 weeks and came back to 2 shipments 1 dated 12.04.10 and another dated last week with 2 payments going off my card!
    spoke to my bank who are half interested and having not got through to the company myself the bank patcched me straight through!!!
    total rip off, crap product and i can see problems in getting my money back but i will have a bloody good go. all the phone numbers you ring are dead and the fax back mail is bullcrap. you cant send all your details back as it blocks things like "phone number error" form cannot be submitted. keep oyu posted

1st of Sep, 2010

THIS IS A SCAM!!! I REPORTED THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND I SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME IF YOU ORDERED THEIR PRODUCT!!! IT SEEMS THIS COMPANY IS BASED OUT OF THE COUNTRY BUT SAYING THEY ARE IN FLORIDA!!! I FILED A COMPLAINT THROUGH MY BANK AND WITH THE COURTS!! THEY CHARGED ME FOR THE PRODUCT I NEVER RECEIVED $87.47 AND WILL NOT GIVE ME A REFUND. GINA SMITH!!! STAY AWAY!!! AND THE REPORTER WHO SUGGESTED THIS PRODUCT SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HERSEL[censored]

1st of Sep, 2010

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE TRY THIS # 1-800-440-4397 AND ASK FOR GINA SMITH. I USED THIS NUMBER AND GOT SOMEONE EVERY TIME!! GOOD LUCK!!!

1st of Sep, 2010

WE ALL NEED TO FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY ASAP!!!

9th of Sep, 2010

I have posted info under other titles explaining my experience. Do not believe anything they tell you. YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR CARD AND FILE A DISPUTE THROUGH YOUR BANK!!!

• Ro
      18th of Sep, 2010

I agree that a class action suit needs to be filed. In addition, I intend to contact my Attorney General as well as pursue the internet fraud with the FBI. Believe it or not, this has been a very successful route for me in the past (the guy went to jail!). I also intend to start a scam-alert through my contact list with the suggestion it be sent in turn to each contact's contact list. If you do the same, pretty soon enough word will get around that this company's business should suffer. My credit card company said that the $87.47 charge to my account was for the "free trial" bottle I was sent, not for any additional shipments. I was advised to return the product with a receipt confirmation, and to notify the credit card company if, after 30 days, I did not receive a refund from the vendor. In the event I am not refunded directly, my credit card bank will refund the full amount and back-charge the vendor. The confirmation e-mail I was sent by this company was in several different languages (none of which were English, which the online advertisement was written in). The shipment included no company information anywhere. The address on the bottle is not the same as the company's address, and the return label on the shipment was from the order fulfillment center's PO box. None of the terms and conditions of the free trial period were listed prior to providing credit card information "for the shipping charges". Yes, a big scam. Let's work together to stop them. But look on the bright side - maybe the stress and all this run-around will decrease all that belly fat!

• Di
      27th of Sep, 2010

Okay everbody, I've experienced the same horror from these incompetents! I have a working number 1-800-320-2983. The reps give the same [censor]-an-bull story listed in the previous complaints. Let's file a class action law suit! This company NEEDS to be stopped immediately!

• Yg
      16th of Oct, 2010

today i received a bottle of maximum burn xtreme which i did not order. all of you seem to be having the same problem. i will nip this in the butt for sure. i am not going to pay for something i did not order!!! if you wish to contact me, [protected]@twcny.rr.com. please put in the subject line of your email, reply to your comment maximum burn xtreme. good luck to all of you.

19th of Oct, 2010

Has anyone been successful in stopping this company from taking further payments. Everything the same as everyone but the bank say send an email to cancel then after 28 days they can take action. Cant stop the card so I said shut down the account and they said the company would take me to court because I had entered into a contract with them. They said in U.K. they have to declare that if you don't cancel with a certain time frame they will send more crap and charge you more where as in the U.S. they don't have to so no-one knows until they take the money and we cant stop them!!! Cant believe I cant stop anyone taking my money! Help would be good I feel like I am being robbed blind!

• Vu
      27th of Oct, 2010

THis company has to be stoped! I am having the same problem with a refund as everyone else. I had to go thur my credit card company for help.

• Ce
      31st of Oct, 2010

you sent me a bottle of maxinum burn xtreme these do not agree with me and i do not want any more products from this company.
    Please do not charge me for any more products .

• Ba
      3rd of Nov, 2010

EVERYONE HAS TO READ THIS!!! I am working with my bank on this one! I just cancelled 3 days before the 10 day trial ended, and sure enough, I look at my bank account tonight and they took 87.13 out today. hmmm...
    Anyways, read this crap that they have on their cancel page... its really goofy and kinda scary!!!

GO TO: cancelsite.com/ct

Modifications To Your Terms and Conditions:
    SORRY TO SEE YOU GO!
    Thank you for visiting our website. Please take a few minutes to read the following as when you submit this form you automatically accept the following terms and conditions and confirming the order process. You are agreeing that your credit card will not be billed for any future recurring charges. No credit will be issued to your credit card for your trial order which you. You are confirming that that your future subscription will be cancelled effective as of today. All orders already processed have been billed to credit card on file. You may renew your membership for subscription orders at any time by simply calling customer care at 1-800-685-9229 Monday thru Friday 8am-6pm Eastern Standard Time. We take charge backs very seriously. All internet credit card companies’ use these databases to access credit risk with customers and future purchases with other internet companies might be denies. We do not have any control over this fraud database. Once you get on these lists it is very difficult to get your name removed from it. BE SMART! DON'T DESTROY YOUR INTERNET CREDIT If a customer charges a purchase back we will place their name, address, zip code, and credit card number into an Internet fraud database.. This also serves as a retraction of any actions initiated by you the customer that may lead to or is a potential chargeback. All sales and terms are final. Limit one per household.

• Ej
      5th of Nov, 2010

Ordered the produce with the understanding that I would receive one bottle and only pay shipping and handling. They shipped my bottle and charged me 74.26 plus shipping and handling along with a .01 cent international fee. I called to cancel and within one week they were getting ready to charge me again 74.26. Luckly I had already stopped payment but ended up canceling my debit card. I just called them a third time and told them that if they didn't follow through with crediting my account, I would file a dispute through my bank. So yes a class action suit needs to be filed!!!

• Le
      12th of Nov, 2010
    nutrigenic acai berry - cannot contact them
    maxi diet

you have to phone to stop ongoing supplies but they cannot be contacted

• Ac
      14th of Nov, 2010

CRAP! I ordered this stuff because an ABC newscaster wrote about it and I received the product Sat. 11/13/10 and even before I received it I have 3 different charges from them $1.49, $3.87 and $87 something. Guess I will be at my bank first thing 11/15/10.

• Ig
      23rd of Nov, 2010

CRAP! CRAP! I ordered this stuff because of the ABC newscaster too. I have made all the same calls and got all the same run around. And got charged 87.13. I canceled my debit card and am letting the bank take care if it. Although they did inform me that they could still charge me. I ordered another product along with this one on the same day and was charged 78.98 on my card. I did get through to them and they canceled my account. But with this one I can not seem to get it canceled either. CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT is definitaly in order here. Anyone that got scammed an attorney? HELP!!

24th of Nov, 2010

Nutrigenic Life is the same as Nutrimax Labs. I have called Nutrimax for the last month, still refuse to refund full amount. Called Nutrigenic and they have same computer info, and stands by the other's comments. I tried to cancel on a Monday (they are closed Sat & Sun). They charged my account on same date. Rep said the computers down and to call tomorrow. I did and the rep said I was 1 day late, so no refund is possible. After calling every day I finally demanded to talk to a "supervisor". She was rude and obnoxious and hanged up when I told her reporting to BBB. Nutrigenic was the same. She said if I don't take $20.00 she will hang up, and she did...BBB gave them a "F" rating - not as "Accredited" business. (has 65+ complaints.)

29th of Nov, 2010

I have had the same problem with this product. They never send the product when they say they have and when you ask for the tracking number they don't have one. Customer service is absolutely ridiculous and they will not refund your money. I have since canceled my debit card as to not get charged anymore. DO NOT order this product it is a SCAM!!!

30th of Nov, 2010

Even though I told the supervisor at Nutrigenic I will not accept the "shut-up" fee of $20.00. If I accept that measly amount, no recourse to get credit for full amount. Guess what???...They credited me with the $20.00 anyway... That just shows how ruthless this company is. Now I am really mad. I am still out $67.47. I am going to call them again and give them a piece of my mind. I am going to file another complaint with the BBB of Florida. If anyone starts a "CLASS ACTION SUIT" - I want to be included. I personally do not know a lawyer that does these type of claims (especially foreign claims). I have read comments (blogs) from people in Australia, Phillipines, England, Germany, Canada, and probably others. This is a world wide problem. By the way, you can pick up Acai Berry supplements in any local drugstore, with prices ranging from $7.95 to $12.50, depending on the brand name. Rite Aid ran a special "Buy one get one free. So I got two bottles for $10.00. Walgreens also sells it too. Good Luck to all and HOPE for the best...

• Ju
      7th of Dec, 2010

I cancel my order the same day I received because it was not what i had order, that was in July, in August i seen where 39.95 was taken out of account, been calling every 5 days from August to have my money place back into account. every time I call i get the sam answer, your money will be back in your account within 3-5 bus. days.Today is 12/6/10, no money and tried to call this morning and the number is no longer in service, Lets get these SOB, file Class Action Suit!!! Julianna

• Ra
      31st of Dec, 2010

I am another victim of the scam, how I didn't see these complaints I don't know. I am in Australia and have just been to the bank to try to cancel the direct payment being taken each month. The card was cancelled a month ago after finding the first payment and not receiving the bottle of Maxim Burn Xtreme which isn't the bottle I thought was to be sent . It was colon cleanse so I didn't get what was promised. Visa told me to register a compalint with www.econsumer.gov but they will get my latest payment back. Visa deals with these complaints daily, she knew all about acai berry

27th of Jan, 2011

EVERYONE SCAMMED BY This company... PLEASE file a complaint at http://csapp.800helpfla.com

Google Enzyte founder Steve Warshack. He was sentenced to 25 years in jail for this exact same scam. What this company is doing is very illegal.

• Sh
      1st of Feb, 2011

I also got duped by this company. The first time I received the product which I know i would not have ordered because I don' t take diet pills, they said I ordered this and when I called to see how I could return it they told me I could not and they could not refund my money. I told them at that point that I wanted this account to be canceled and did not want to recieve any more of this product. The lady told me that this account was canceled. A month later I received another charge on my bank account for the same amount, $74.26. I had not recieved the product and as of a month later have still not recieved the product but after at least 3 calls and conversations with 3 different people I am still not going to be refunded the money and was told the product was delayed but was being sent out. I was also told that I can send the product back when I receive it but they will only refund $40 of my money back because their is a restocking fee because it's a diet pill!!!
    This scam should not be allowed to continue and I would like to know what to do to insure other people don't get roped in. Why is this being allowed to continue? Who do we need to contact to make sure this company is not allowed to continue ripping people off.

• Da
      15th of Apr, 2011
    Nutrigenic Life/acai berry - Charge
    New York

On march 3, i recieve two charges for the acai berry product. I had order it months and months ago. I was charged for the product a second time on my charge card and never ordered the product after that one time. I immediately called the number of the company associated with the charge on my bill they told me there was a glich in the computer and it would be reversed. I called at least 6 times. Today when i call they give me a false email address that i am suppose to complain to. Meanwhile i've been charged 90. 00 on my charge card plus interest for not paying it. Now what does a consumer do. Here we are trusting people trying to better ourselves and this is what we get. I hope all of us that have been charged get some kind of justice.

15th of Apr, 2011

Flexnjoints does the same u r suppose to get a free trial a 60 day package for 7.95 but yet I was charged 196.14 absolutely won't give me my money back was told ya u have a 3 day trial to look at crap online if u don't want to be charged u needed to cancel ...well where was this ya hidden somewhere ...what a joke