NUTRA ORIGIN / Mis-leading

New York
Free pills, now you don't get anything free. I didn't believe when I saw it, but I wanted the pills. Now after 5 bottles of pills and 2 payments of $80.97 later I want to know when will it stop. I read all the fine print that I could find on the web site and on receiving the first set of free pills. ( no addition information that I can find )

A  27th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
My order for omega3 caps free except for s/h charge of $4.95 on 3/28/09
Today 4/27/09 see my credit card charged$80.97 for membership (unrequested)
My phone calls not returned. k cheezem_ Sun City Az
N  30th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I just phoned the company and spoke to Christian - who was incredibly rude and would NOT answer my question relating to the above mentioned issue. I have my own questions now about this company and will look into it further.
I better check my credit card bill!!
D  4th of May, 2009 by
In response to all complaints listed:

Upon placing the order for our free bottle offer, all customers must accept the “terms and conditions” by checking the checkbox to complete their order. If this box, indicating that you have agreed to our terms and conditions is not checked, your order physically cannot be placed. The terms and conditions state:

“The offer of a FREE bottle is limited to one FREE bottle per household. Each future purchase of nutraOrigin Omega-3 comes with a money back guarantee of the product price (less shipping and handling). By accepting the FREE bottle offer you will become an Autoship Customer, locking in the LOW Autoship price of $26.99 per bottle. As an Autoship Customer you will receive three bottles of PREMIUM nutraOrigin Omega-3 every ninety days at a savings of more than $28 on every shipment and the shipping will always be FREE! Your first delivery of three bottles will arrive 30 days after you receive your FREE bottle, so you never miss a day of the nutritional supplements you need (nutraOrigin will charge the credit card used today for your three bottle shipment.) Of course, you can customize or cancel your order at ANYTIME, just send your request to customerservice@nutraorigin.com or call our toll free phone line 800-71-NUTRA. You'll never be billed if you cancel within the first three weeks.”

After completing the order, a confirmation e-mail is sent out right away including these very same “terms and conditions” (above) that were agreed to before their order was placed.

NutraOrigin offers a full 30-day money back guarantee if the customer has decided that they do not want the products they have received after their free bottle.

Again, the customer is always able to call or email NutraOrigin to cancel, customize, or return their order at ANY time.
N  28th of Jul, 2009 by

NUTRAORIGIN - remove complaint
Nutra origins
139 skiffs lane
West Tisbury

I have been trying to remove my complaint against NutraOrigin and hope this comes through. I had been disappointed by a conversation I had but realize that it was just a lack of clear communication. Please accept this as an affirmation, as I am now quite happy with the response I received today from Jessica and all the help she gave me to clear up a problem I had long ago with them. She was professional and understanding and I am sure anyone who calls them and finds her will be as pleased as I am.
N  30th of Jul, 2009 by
I had a wonderful experience with NutraOrigin as Jessica totally cleared up the misconception I had about the company and the questions about the "free bottle" that other people also had trouble with. The company is honest and Jessica was there to quell my concerns and not only answered the phone, she also called me back immediately when I had another question. Please do not hesitate to use NutraOrigin.
N  30th of Jul, 2009 by
Please disregard my first comment about NutraOrigin as all my questions and concerns have been cleared up by Jessica. She was wonderful and helpful and totally reassuring.
N  30th of Aug, 2010 by
We would like to apologize to any NutraOrigin customers who were displeased with the free product offer and Auto Ship service they may have received a few years ago. Our Auto Ship program is designed to save our loyal customers time and money, while assuring the on time delivery of our quality products. Although the terms of the old free product offer were outlined in the Terms & Conditions section of the online order form, regrettably, we have learned that these terms may not have been very clear to customers. We have made many changes at NutraOrigin and to our Auto Ship program to increase the savings and convenience to our customers AND to increase the transparency of the terms.

We have also launched The Omega Store by NutraOrigin which features an entire line of innovative omega 3 supplements. When you enroll in our OmegaStore Auto Ship program today and purchase a single bottle, you will receive two bottles free. You will then receive your next 3 Month Supply (3 bottles) 60 days later, at which time your credit card will be charged for these three bottles. Thereafter, you will receive your 3 Month Supply (3 bottles) every 90 days and your credit card will be charged. You always save 20% off and get free shipping for the duration of your Auto Ship product. Customers may pause, change or cancel their shipments at any time by calling our customer care department.

We also offer a 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee: if one of our supplements does not meet your expectations, simply return the unused portion for a full refund of the product purchase price.

We hope these changes have helped to clear up any confusion or concerns that the previous offer caused. If you have other questions, please feel free to contact our customer service department: customerservices@nutraorigin.com or 1.800.716.8872.