Nutra Lane / Unauthorized Charge on Credit Card

1 CO, United States Review updated:

I was going to order a trial of Acai Berry. In the process of the order, I kept getting led through a series of "would you like to try WHATEVER". On one occastion I put a check mark in the yes box, and then many more choices came up and I repeatedly said no, no, no. They asked for my Credit Card info which I gave them, but that wasn't the end of their questions, and finally I got sick of the process, so I back out without EVER SUBMITTING MY ORDER. I never did get an invoice, and I never did get an email confirming any order.

I check my Credit Card Statement on a daily basis and couldn't believe it when I saw a charge from Nutra Lane. I called the company and was told that when the product arrived I could not just refuse delivery. I had to send it back with a tracking number. They also gave me a cancellation number. The product never did arrive. I called my Credit Card company and they put in a query on the charge. I never did receive any product, and the next thing I knew I had another $79 charge on my Credit Card.

When Nutra Lane received the query from my Credit Card company, they sent me, by registered mail, a copy of an Invoice (first time that I had seen this), and a copy of their Return Policy. I had to sign for this paperwork. They then sent all of this paperwork to American Express, stating that they had signed proof that I did indeed received product, even though it was almost a month after I had first lodged my complaint with American Express.

The Supervisor at Nutra Lane won't talk to me. I guess I now need to go to the Better Business Bureau and lodge a complaint with them. I am not just going to let this slip by.

Comments

• Nu
      28th of Jun, 2009

To: Aussie Nan

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with us. It sounds like you were not properly taken care of. We deeply apologize for the experience you had with us and not receiving your product. The order you placed sounds like it was a buy now, pay later offer not a FREE sample with autoshipments every 45 days. The pay later is usually 21 days after the purchase date. Please be aware that if the product is not sent back to us, you are liable for the $79.90 charge as our terms and conditions state, however ALL of our orders come with a money back guarantee. Please contact us and explain your situation to us so that we can gladly assist you.

Our number is 1-877-242-1376. We are here Monday through Friday 7am to 7pm MDT and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm.

Sincerely,

Supervisor at Nutra Lane

• Mr
      27th of Jul, 2009

What the hell I just figured out I was charged $79.95 on my card for this stupid probably not going to work offer anyway sigining up for stupid trial period. HOW DO I GET MY money back this is the most fed up thing i have ever had happen to me. UGHHHHHUGHHHH!!!Now my husband going to think I am crazy for even considering some sort of weight loss withthis crap.

• Mr
      27th of Jul, 2009

I DONT WANT THIS PRODUCT OR THIS FAKE Charge I was charged $79.95 that was supposed to be a trial offer only. I NEED THAT MONEY BACK ASAP it was supposed to pay for my CAR NOTE I WOULD HAVE NEVER SIGNED UP ON A "FREE TRIAL" FOR ANYTHING RIGHT NOW IF I KNEW IT COST $79.95 SO ARE YOU GOING TO PAY MY CAR NOTE NOW!!!FALSE ADVERTISING ON FREE TRIALS SHOULD NOT COST $79.95 MY MONEY BACK NOW!!!

• Nu
      6th of Aug, 2009

MrsBENE06

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact us at 877-242-1376 and we will gladly address your concerns and resolve this issue.

Sincerely,