Nutra Foods / fraud

nutra foods
364 east Main Street, suite 407, Middleton, DE 19709
Phone: 866-9130756
Yes, I can admit it. I was scammed. I saw an advertisement with Opera and Dr. Oz on it and I went for it. It was supposed to be a free sample. I should have realized it then. If it was going to be free they wouldn’t need my credit card number. I was only supposed to be charge for the shipping $4.95. I went ahead and gave them my card number. Well so far this free sample has cost me $175.30. Not so free any more is it.

When I received the first charge of $87.65 to my account I called the phone number on my bank statement. It took me forever to get a hold of someone in customer service. When I finally did they were very rude and uncaring. They said that by requesting the free sample I agreed to be put on an auto ship program. There was nothing on the website about being put on auto shipment. I was refused a refund, and they would not let me return the unopened bottle of Acai Resolution. I was upset but there was nothing that I could do. They were refusing to give me a refund. I went ahead and canceled any future auto shipment.

Less than a week later they charged my account again, another $87.65. I called the company again and was refused a refund again. Even though I canceled this so called program they put me on. I wanted to cry. I felt so helpless.
After doing a little research on my own I saw where I wasn’t the only person to be scammed by this sorry excuse of a company. The company has changed its name a few times in the last couple of weeks. So far I have found 3 different addresses for it and phone numbers also.

Company name and addresses:

Bottom Two Investments, 110 West 9th Street #665, Wilmington, Delaware, 19801

Bottom Two Investments, 73 green tree dr., ste 60, Wilmington, DE 19801

Nutra Foods, 364 east Main Street, suite 407, Middleton, DE 19709

Phone numbers are [protected] and [protected]

I have contacted the Better business Bureau of Delaware. To let them know what a shady company this is. I also contacted the Consumer Fraud Reporting website and filed a report. Last but not least I contacted The Internet Crime Complaint Center. The more these companies know and get complaints about this kind of shady business the quicker the people will be stopped.

A  7th of Mar, 2009 by
you contacted all these companies but did you call your bank to cancel your card and get a new one? that will definitley stop the charges and and the mailings. my heart goes out to you. i just received my order and then tried to cancel and experienced a little of the same so i had my bank cancel that card and issue a new one. that acutally stopped all charges that could be added to that card. hope that helps
A  15th of Mar, 2009 by
I called both the company and my credit card company and I still got charged $87.65. I called to cancel the product within 30 days and they said it was cancelled. I never received any additional product except 12 "free" original tablets.

I have never sued anyone in my life, but if they don't take that charge off my credit card, I am definitely going after them. I missed a day of work calling these people and sitting on hold - not to mention the phone bill. This was not a frivolous purchase for me. It was a serious attempt to do something healthy to lower my blood pressure.

These people are vultures.
N  18th of Mar, 2009 by

Nutra Foods - Acai Free Offer
Nutra Foods

Predatory Billing: I requested a free sample of Acai and the company sent me the product and sent me the product without any telephone number to stop the product or to stop the billing. They are a Scamming bunch of punks. Now I have to call my credit card company to stop any further billing or cancel my card. to stop the billing. Nutra Foods needs to be investigated by the State Attorney General.
A  26th of Mar, 2009 by
The very same thing happened to me. Thank you for the addresses and phone numbers. I am in the process of working with the Attorney General's Office in Delaware to alert them to this horrible scam which has caused much grief and financial loss to many of us.
A  7th of Apr, 2009 by
The same thing happened to me. I was charged $87.65 on March 1 2009 then $43.97 on March 23. I phoned the company and they won't give me a refund, they will only ship the products which I never received. They say if I check their website that I agreed to sign up to a monthly shipment after the $4.95 trial. They say that they will present this information to the bank or any other complaints authority I approach. There was no indication when I gave my credit card details that this was the case.
A  9th of Apr, 2009 by
The very same thing has happened to me. They claimed I never called to cancel it after they charged my card the first time. I can not afford to give my money away. They charged me for the crap before my 30 days was even up and absolutely refuse to give my money back. My husband has sent a letter to the attorney general and I made them aware of that prior to hanging up on the extremely rude man that I was speaking to.
A  15th of Apr, 2009 by

I thought I was the only one going through this. I called and spoke with a rep @ 866-913-0757 who was extremely rude. In fact I never received an additional bottle of these pills. On the site it only stated that this was a free trail (nothing else). My husband called my bank and explained that this charge was done without prior authorization. My bank contacted them and they still refused to remove my charges of $87.65. it's a good thing I have an outstanding relationship with my bank because they did issue a credit back to my account in the amount of $87.65.
A  22nd of Apr, 2009 by
If anyone can get me the name of any of their employees, supervisors, managers, owners and / or customer service i will take them to court, contact me at:
N  16th of Jun, 2009 by

Nutra Foods - I Cancelled 2 months ago
North Carolina

I called 2 months ago and cancelled my future orders, because the product was not working. My checking account is still being debited, but I am receiving no product. Do not get tied up with this company.
N  25th of Jun, 2009 by

Nutra Foods - Constant delivery
Lynn Delaney

No matter how many times I return products they keep sending me monthly products. I can't get hold of them
Any ideas what to do gratefully appreciated
A  8th of Aug, 2009 by
I sat on the phone for about an hour June 24th 2009 to cancel the ACAI I was receiving. Then I received a bottle the first week of July I assumed it was already mailed when I called to canel my orders with ACAI. Then the first week of August here is another bottle and more charges on my card. They also signed me up with two other healthy companies which were charging my card, I called one of them today(Aug. 7th 2009) they said I canceled with them but didn't ASK for a refund, but today they would process it. If I was to cancel my cc as sugested above I would have to change a lot of automatic payments I have set up on my card. What a hassle. I don't have the time for all these phone calls, and to recheck my bank statements over and over again. What can be done to stop this. j. johnson (Renton, WA)
A  8th of Aug, 2009 by
Same fraud here. Ordered their free sample with $.99 postage charges. Couple weeks later I noticed my bank account was charge $74.94 for something I did not purchase.
This company should not be doing business. They get your bank account number and then begin charging you a monthly fee for an order I have never ordered and never received.
A  8th of Aug, 2009 by
Yes, I fell for the same scam because of Dr Oz and Oprah I did not check out the company. I believed they were gong to charge for postage and handling only and that charge was $.99 for one and $1.99 for another.
However a couple weeks later my checking account was charged for $74.94 and $78.88 plus two more charges of $4.99 and $2.37 for an international fee, whatever that is.
Maybe Dr. Oz or Oprah should contact this company and tell them to stop using the Oprah show to entice people to order from these dishonest people.
N  4th of Aug, 2011 by
Well, I never ordered a free sample and I had never heard of this company before and low and behold today when I went into my checking account I found a charge for $89.99 from their company. I am very carful in using my debit card and would never give it to just anyone. So, I have come to the conclusion that somehow one of my normal transactions to places I use my card for have been hacked. (example - cable company, sattelite Tv, local grocery chains and Walmart).
I have contacted my credit union and I need to fill out a fraud report of some sort today and hopefully they will pursue this for me. It sounds hopeful. I have had to cancel my debit card and think I will use cash from now on. Will try to call the company later, as they are not open as of this writing. However, after reading the complaints listed here I doubt if it will do any good. PLEASE BEWARE of using your card, even in places you think are safe...