NuMetro / Everything

1 South Africa

Had the most horrific experience at Nu Metro Clearwater today. It was my wife's birthday and because we haven't gone out in so long we decide to have a nice afternoon at the movies. So much for that. First the Nu Metro mobile booking does not allow you to choose your seats so it allocated the worse possible seats for us. Right in the back left corner where the 3D is blurred because all the angles are wrong. Then none of the card machines work for the pre booked tickets so we had to stand in a massive queue that only 1 attendant was manning. Then when we got into the cinema we sat in silence but we didn't know why. Eventually 15 mins later a guy comes in and says there's a technical issue but will be sorted out in the next 5 mins. The movie then starts but 3 minutes in the picture goes Black but the sound keeps playing so we couldn't enjoy the movie but ruins the events of the first part of the film. After the entire cinema began shouting and complaining the assistant comes back in and tells us the show has been cancelled. And we can get comp tickets for another movie but because our taste is so different this was the only thing we actually wanted to see and were looking forward to. So next we look for the queue to get the tickets refunded no directional people, no signage or guidance. So when we find that queue we wait another 20 mins in that queue to get refunded but only for the tickets.

Needless to say my wife was then completely upset and bothered by the whole scenario having paid for parking, cokes, popcorn etc that goes with the movie all we had to show for our NuMetro experience were bad tempers, a ruined birthday wish, R 180 wasted (at the end of a month when money is tight) and a miserable couple.

I will most certainly not be visiting Clearwater any time soon and never a NuMetro again. I've never had an experience any where near and horrible as this at Ster Kinekor which is where I will only go from now on. I was truly appalled with the wreck of a birthday created by NuMetro cinemas!!!

Mk