Number 1 Appliance / Refrigerator never arrived.

1 13850 ManchesterBallwin, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-768-1710

We did an internet search for refrigerators and "Number1Appliance" came up as one of the lowest prices. We were planning on buying a refrigerator locally, but when we spoke by phone to a salesman at Number 1 Appliance on June 16, 2009 about purchasing a Whirlpool refrigerator, he stated that we would receive it by July 1, 2009 so we decided to buy it from them. They took $1, 235.00 from our bank account as a debit on June 16, 2009. We specifically told them we were moving to a new house and beginning July 1 we would be in a new residence without a refrigerator, and that was why our primary concern was date of delivery. He promised we would have it July 1. We were told we would soon get an email from them informing us of the freight company and tracking number. We never heard anything so we called about the last day of June and were told it would be here July 1. When it didn't come, we called and "Melissa" told us that it would be delivered July 9, 2009. It still didn't come. We called and were told the model had been discontinued and to give them time to check into the matter. We kept calling them back but were not allowed to speak to anyone, so we left several "voice mail" messages. We kept getting the run around with conflicting lies. We were told our refrigerator was shipped finally on July 17, 2009, over a month since we ordered and paid for it, however the trucking company still has no information whatsoever and said that tracking number was not even in their system, and then told us to contact Number 1 Appliance and find out EXACTLY (1) THE TIME WHEN IT WAS PICKED UP, (2) THE ADDRESS WHERE IT WAS PICKED UP, (3) NAME AND ADDRESS OF SHIPPER, i.e., "FROM", and (4) THE NAME AND ADDRESS OF DESTINATION, i.e., "TO".

So I sent an email to Number 1 Appliance July 17, 2009 demanding to know the exact details of the shipment. They never responded and today makes the 5th day of silence. I called the freight company again today, and they still have no information whatsoever. They have never picked up any order of ours from Number 1 Appliance. The scam artists took our $1, 235.00 from our bank account over one month ago and have lied to us ever since! Number 1 Appliance KNEW on the date we ordered and paid we had to have a refrigerator by July 1, 2009, so those unethical scam artist told us anything we wanted to hear in order to get their hands on our money. We probably will never get a refrigerator at all.

We purchased and PAID FOR our Whirlpool refrigerator MORE THAN ONE MONTH AGO, and still have gotten nothing but empty promises and contradicting confusing runaround.

We have been terribly abused FOR OVER A MONTH and never should have been treated this badly. NOBODY SHOULD BE TREATED LIKE THIS!!! We first were told we would have our refrigerator by July 1, 2009, and that's the ONLY REASON we dealt with them. We called asking to talk with owner Steve Goedeker but were told "NO" by "Ron".
We wasted hours and days trying to learn when OR IF our refrigerator would ever by shipped so we could plan on having someone present at time of delivery. ONCE AGAIN OUR EVERY ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN INFORMATION HAS ENDED IN FAILURE, FUTILITY, AND FRUSTRATION. This company should be shut down and its owners sent to Prison!

WE GAVE THEM AN ULTIMATUM AND DEMANDED OUR REFRIGERATOR OVER 2 WEEKS AGO AND YET THEY STILL CONTINUE TO SIMPLY IGNORE OUR DEMANDS WHILE KEEPING OUR MONEY FOR OVER A MONTH NOW TO USE AS THEY PLEASE WHILE CONTINUING TO ABUSE US AND LIE TO US.

After filing a complaint with the Missouri Attorney General's office two weeks ago, Number 1 Appliance called with more lies telling us our refrigerator would definitely be received by July 16, 2009. That was just one more lie in a series of fraudulent misrepresentations and false pretenses.

We have been ripped off royally! NUMBER 1 APPLIANCE IS A NUMBER 1 RIPOFF!!!

Comments

• Hj
      1st of Sep, 2009

This is why I always check with SmartSearchShopping.com. Whenever I want to buy anything, I go to SmartSearchShopping.com to compare prices, store reviews, and compare products.

• Su
      26th of Oct, 2009

I purchased 4 products from number1appliance. 3 Back in May 2009 and the other 3 weeks ago. total amount spent was about 5, 000. Number1applaince did everything they promised to do. The appliances were delivered with 10 days. They were the cheapest around and offered me 10 year warranties for free. Noone else could match that. I will definately shop there again.

• Db
      11th of Apr, 2010

After I purchased 4 Samsung appliances for over $3, 000 and ordered the white glove delivery service I was advised by phone from the salesperson who I was working with her manager told her white glove service (taking appliances inside the house and unpacking) was not available with Samsung purchases. This was discussed with the salesperson during the sales cycle and there is no mention on their web site that the service is not universally available. I have now learned that the appliances will be delivered from a Paducah trucking company and of course it will be my responsibility to get the appliances from my drive into my house. I have sent three emails back to "Janet" at Number 1 Direct but no response back just like another customer had mentioned. I am now concerned that the 10 year major component warranty is a sham also - I have received nothing to date other than the promise during the sales cycle and the statement on my invoice. Pricing is great but had I known I could not have had the appliances brought into the house and unpacked I would have gone with another competitor who pricing was very close. They misrepresented themselves and now won't reply to my emails. I will also file a compliant with the Missouri Attorney General if I fail to get a response; interestingly enough I wrote and told them if they could not come through on their promise to provide what they had advertised I was canceling the order and it was the same day I heard from the trucking company the appliances were in their warehouse and being delivered in two days.

• Sw
      16th of Aug, 2010

I made an order of 4 appliances on 29th of July, 2010. I was told any of them were in backorder. I haven't received the tracking number yet. I don't feel good right now. It's so clear the order won't be shipped to my house in 7 to 14 business days that is promised on the company website.

• Sw
      16th of Aug, 2010

Typo in my comment: I wasn't told any of them were in backorder.

• Mz
      7th of Sep, 2010

Terrible customer service at #1 Direct. No communication whatsoever. I ordered 3 items from them looking to get the low price and no sales tax. Too good to be true. After 5 weeks I have nothing. First they said the order was shipped and then they said it was on back-order 4-6 weeks. We ended up cancelling the whole order. Pure waste of time. I hope the refunds goes through. Never again!

• Bs
      9th of Dec, 2010

You get what you pay for...Cheap prices = lack of service

• Ho
      7th of Jan, 2011

I ordered about $10, 000 worth of appliances from #1 Direct. I was told all appliances were in stock. All were except the refrigerator. The refrigerator was delivered 2 months later. The refrig is 600 lbs. They shipped the refrig with a carrier that was not equipted to handle such a big load. The carrier had to cut the top of the box off and take it off the pallet to fit in in their truck. They called me an hour before they were scheduled to deliver it and said I would need to provide more people to unload the fridge from their truck. The fridge is unloaded from the truck and falls flat on its front damaging the front of the fridge. The delivery man even told me they should not be delivering this type of large refrige. What did #1 direct think was going to happen when they hired the wrong type of delivery carrier?? #1 Direct will not take any responsiblity, the shipper will not take responsibilty, and I am left holding the bag. 100% Satisfaction Guaranty is a 100% crock. Will not use them again.

• Fo
      10th of Jan, 2011

How do companies expect to stay in business with all the bad complaints about them out there. I am searching for a new refrigerator but out of all the on line companeys that I have looked at. I would be better off to pay a little more for it and buy it locally.
    This is scarry.

21st of May, 2011

If you cannot afford to buy from a local company but want a beautiful new kitchen, buy from number1direct, order long in advance and just wait. We bought an LG stove, LG microwave and GE dishwasher, all stainless, all very good quality, total price was 1100, including shipping. We gave the FEDEX man $5 to help bring the stove to our door, (we had a dolly). Delivery time was 3 weeks from order date. We had expected to wait longer. For prices like this, you should plan on waiting. A local company tried to sell us similar items for $3500. Absurd.

• Ri
      27th of Jul, 2011

IT SOUNDS LIKE IT IS HIT OR MISS WITH THIS COMPANY. I KNOW WE ARE ALL LOOKING TO SAVE MONEY, HOWEVER, AFTER READING THESE NEGATIVE REVIEWS, I WOULD RATHER SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND BUY FROM A REPUTABLE STORE LIKE SEARS, HOME DEPOT, HOWARDS APPLICANCES OR BEST BUY & HAVE DELIVERY AND SET UP. I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT A MAYTAG FRONT LOAD, WASHER AND DRYER & IT SEEMS NUMBER1DIRECT HAS THE BEST PRICING. HOWEVER, WHO DO I GO TO WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH DELIVERY OR DAMAGED GOODS?? IT'S NOT LIKE THEY'LL SEND SOMEONE OUT TO PICK UP THE APPLICANCES & TAKE THEM BACK. SOMETHING TO DEF CONSIDER WHEN BUYING FROM THESE DISCOUNT COMPANIES. I'LL STICK WITH THE BIG BOX STORES & PAY MORE TO SAVE TIME, EFFORT & GET PEACE OF MIND.
    THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR REVIEWS - MY MIND IS MADE UP - NO NUMBER1DIRECT FOR THIS PURCHASE.

• Nu
      16th of Aug, 2011

At Number1Direct.com we do our very best to serve our customers, maintain a high level of service, answer needs and issues promptly and sell high quality products that customers want. Occasionally, things do go wrong in serving so many customers on a monthly basis, it is also difficult from time to time with the type of products that we sell. Appliances for example are very difficult to ship but we do a great job packaging them and getting to them to the customers promptly. From time to time shipping damage does occur and we have policies and rules in place to help protect the customer. This is not like shipping a pair of shoes... Manufacturers also occasionally have back order or other issues that hinder us in getting the product out as fast as we hope. We do our very best to communicate that the the customer as soon as we find out. We have been in business for over 60 years and work hard for our customers, do our very best to communicate customer responsibilities when placing the order and if issue/problems arise we do everything within our power to make sure the customer is taken care of. We welcome feedback and hearing about concerns from previous and current customers, if you have any question please simply call our friendly and courteous sales staff @ 1-888-768-1710

• Ht
      23rd of Nov, 2011

I wanted to purchase a portable dishwasher since your prices are so low; but after reading all the complaints, I will buy elsewhere.

• Th
      4th of Jan, 2013

"if you have any question please simply call our friendly and courteous sales staff @ 1-888-768-1710"

What a joke! No one answers the phone. I was on hold for 57 minutes one day before I finally gave up in disgust. Today, I spent another 45 minutes in 3 attempts of 15 minutes each trying to find out why the "refund" they supposedly issued on 12/3 and *again* on 1/2/13 has not appeared on my credit card statement. A call to the bank indicates they have seen no such transaction posted to my account despite a confirmation email sent to me from Goedekers with an official-looking "transaction ID".

The refrigerator I bought from them was damaged by their choice of incompetent trucking delivery company. The drivers were clearly ill-equipped to do refrigerator deliveries as they didn't even bother strapping it to the dolly as they attempted to negotiate uneven terrain. The dolly tipped and banged the refrigerator (already uncrated) against the edge of my house. They had me sign a "non-delivery" receipt and assured my their dispatcher would arrange replacement. After hearing nothing for 2 days, I attempted to call the number provided above--that's when I spent 57 minutes on hold. I then sent them an email and told them to forget the order and refund my money. The next week, I received an email back assuring me a refund would be issued. Nearly a month later--with time running out on my "dispute" with the credit card, I called the person and actually did speak with her. She was very apologetic and assured me she would get it taken care of--and that day is when I received the "refund confirmation" which apparently confirmed nothing as two days after that the bank STILL had no record of refund issued.

Goedekers must have the absolute WORST customer service I have ever encountered from a mid-size company.