NuAge Resveratrolfradualent &Free Trial&

J Review updated:

I ordered the "Free Trial" which was a 1 month supply. This ad said try it free pay only shipping and handling. I received it approx 1 week after ordering it. I then noticed a charge on my bank card for 89.67 and immediately called to find out what that was for. They informed me that I only had 14 days to try the product and cancel if I didn't want to keep the product. I told them I was not aware of this stipulation, I thought I had 30 days to try it. I told them I didn't receive any paperwork with the product informing me I had to cancel within 14 days of originally ordering. They said that info was on the website, however, I did not see it. (When I went back on the internet, I noticed it was in very small print at the bottom of the ad.) I canceled my subscription that day (which was only 12 days from receiving the product) and I was told I was all set. Come to find out, 2 weeks after that, I was charged an additional 89.67 for my next months supply, however, that was $179.34 worth of charges(plus the $4.29 original shipping and handling) in a 1 month period. I called to find out why I was charged so much and received lip service and when I asked to speak with a manager, I was told they weren't available. They wouldn't even give my a name of someone in charge to speak with. This is a scam...they don't give you enough time to try out the product before giving you the opportunity to cancel, there was never a price of what would be charged if you didn't cancel and they were very rude when I was speaking with them trying to get a credit on my card. They told me the only thing they could do for me was to ship me another bottle. I told them I didn't want another bottle, only my money back. I am still trying to get credit on my bank card. I will file with the BBB as well as lodging a complaint with my credit card company.

More NuAge Resveratrol Complaints & Reviews

Aug 26, 2009

I had the same experience except that it hasn't been long enough for me to get charged again. I will be checking my account daily as I placed the "free trial offer" on my debit card. I did get a cancellation number from them but now that I have read these complaints I'm afraid that I can't trust them to honor this cancellation. They were not in the least bit, concerned that I will not be doing business with them again or recommending them to anyone else.

• U
      Aug 27, 2009

Same experience. Lyn told me her supervisor was 'in an important meeting' and wouldn't be available for about three more hours. She was 'not authorized' to refund charge, but could do $40. I said I would call the next day to actually talk with her supervisor, however the $40 was all she could do and if I wasn't satisfied with that, I might not be successful with any refund.
    I also did not see anywhere that the charge would be $89.67 -
    What a lesson!

• T
      Sep 09, 2009

I just experienced the same thing. This is definitely a scam. I reported this company to the Federal Trade Commission and hope that everyone who has been cheated will do the same.

• D
      Sep 14, 2009

I feel harrassed by NuAge Lab. I also got the free trial and was surprised to receive the first order, unrequested, before the trial period ended. I immediately called for credit and after a long, frustrating call, they agreed to credit my account, gave me a cancellation number, and I was told to keep the product to keep me happy. That was August. I've now been billed 2 more times without my authorization, called many times, been given other cancellation numbers. Now they say 'those are just numbers' and they refuse to credit the first charge. I asked them to stop charging and sending products - but I don't trust them. It's truely bad business! Frustrated in Florida!

• V
      Oct 07, 2009

i just had the same thing happen to me. i ordered the product and i received it in about a week. today will have been the fourteenth day. i was told by the rep that its 14 days from the date of the order. which is completely unreasonable. that's not a 14 day trial. i told them all this and that i wanted to speak to a supervisor. the supervisor of course is unavailable and will be in a meeting for an hour. so i am calling back in an hour.

Oct 09, 2009

OH MY GOD I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE I HAD NO KNOWLEDGE THAT THE PRODUCT WAS SO EXPENSIVE AT THE TIME OF FREE TRIAL AND I HAD THE SAME TREATMENT WHEN I CALLED THE COMPANY THESE PEOPLE CAN RIP YOU OFF SOME ONE NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO STOP THEM. THIS COMPANY IS REALLY OUT OF HAD WITH CHARGING YOUR ACCOUNT.

• A
      Oct 14, 2009

I am experiencing the same problems now and I'm in the process of fighting for my money back. I get the same crap story about people not being available. I can't believe that a free trial has now cost me almost $180. I told them that I'm returning their unopened product and the woman actually said that the return of their product does not ensure a refund to my account. UNREAL! There has got to be someone somewhere that can do something to stop these people from robbing people blind. I'm not giving up I will continue to fight for a full refund. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT, NOT EVEN A "FREE TRIAL" ITS NOT FREE IT COST $89.67 PLUS S&H. THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! PEOPLE BE WARNED!!!

• P
      Nov 29, 2009
    NuAge Resveratrol - scam, fraud, thief, etc.
    Nuage labs

You are not fear because I only accepted payment due to shipping and handling for 30 days FREE TRIAL and today I noticed a charge to my account for $89.67 so stop that charging right now because I don't want to buy anything else. Pedro L. Rodriguez [protected]

• P
      Dec 08, 2009

Thank you guys! I was fixing to order the free trial and I stumbled onto this site. You saved me from making a BIG mistake. -thanks from Oklahoma

Dec 31, 2009

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH THIS COMPANY ALSO I AM IN THE PROCESS FOR MY MONEY BACK
    I THING IT A FRAUD COMPANY / BE CAREFUL/ FROM VIRGINIA //

Dec 31, 2009

IS VERY IMPORTANT TO TELL THE PEOPLE ABOUT THIS FRAUD, THIS FORM OF SELL THEIR PRODUCTS IS THE WORST WAY //

Jan 02, 2010

I also stumbled onto this site. I had this urge to do a little research before committing to trying the trial. I've had a similar experience with a different product (also different company) and had to call my credit card company for assistance. That's the only way I got my money back. Has anyone here had success with calling their credit card company for help?

Jan 28, 2010

I''m having the same problem. I even marked on my calender 14 days in case this product didn't work for me. They didn't even give me 14 days to try before they sent me out another bottle without my authorization. Now, they want me to send the unauthozied box back with the old bottle back in it. What are they going to do, recycle the return bottle. Like everyone else they gave me numbers to put on the outside of the box. I informed them that I will have my bank investigate them if I received no credit. they don't even post how much their product costs. There product doesn't even work. I still haven't received my package and they were very rude and told me that I had to send it back by Feb. 2...I am going to go ahead and let my bank investiage them and turn them in to the Federal Trade Commission. I'm going to call and let them know that I still haven't received the package as of Jan 29 and they want me to send it back by Feb 2..what crap...i may even sent an e-mail to 60 minutes who by the way suggested this product. This has taught me a big lession, no longer order products off line until you research the company. Will let you know how this works out regarding getting my payment back. Bank's don't like for their customers to be scam and believe you me, my bank does a big investingation..

Feb 24, 2010

What a bunch of legal thieves these ### are. I too was taken by them. I ordered the free trial and then made sure to call in plenty of time to cancel it IN THEIR SPECIFIED TIME FRAME ! But they convieniently could not find the documented phone call. I put a freeze on my credit card for investagaion for 2 months. It got them out of dipping into my account only after paying $ 89.67. Which I should have never had to pay. They got you by the short hairs. Do yourself a favor. After doing some research you can accomplish the same thing taking in large amount of fiber and buy the Acia suppliment at the vitamin store for MUCH LESS ! These con artist are going to get theirs some day. I am going to report them to the authorities. Too bad I don't own a private plane, that would be easier. And wake them up to how they are screwing the public.

• A
      Mar 19, 2010

its a big scam and my mother actually called to cancel within the 14 days, but they still sent out the next bottle which also included a nice hefty charge. the funny thing is they sent the next bottle with enough time to arrive on the 14th day. im assuming that the only time this company is punctual is when they are taking advantage of the customer. on top of everything she gained weight?!?!