NTB / tpms sensor "replacement"
So, today I went in to Store #8987 because our 2007 Honda CRV needed 4 new tires.
During the installation, the service technician broke the sensor on one of the tires. After explaining that it was corroded because it was metal and not plastic (it was originally a Florida car), they offered a $10 discount on a $65.00 replacement sensor.
Not very happy about this but really, what were my options? My 4 tires were all bald, it's not like I was leaving without new tires today. So, I paid the $55.00, but really...if your technician broke it! Why am I paying for it?
After leaving the store, I am driving around and I notice that the tire indicator light is still on. What the heck? Why wasn't that reset? I call the store and head back a second time today to get that taken care of.
After waiting for 40 minutes and watching the service techs try and figure out what was wrong, they ended up having to put it back on the lift and "replace" the sensor they just put on.
Okay, come on now. Really? What are the odds that it just broke 20 minutes after they replace it? Did they even replace it at all or just charge me for it but not replace it and that's why the light was still on?
I am so disappointed in this whole experience. I had multiple friends post about similar issues with this particular "problem" at various NTB stores in Minnesota when I posted my problem on FB.
After spending $678.25, I was expecting a much better service than this. I was so hoping we found a reputable place to be bringing our vehicles, but it looks like I will keep searching. Just thought you should know.
More NTB Complaints & Reviews
- NTB - tires and alignment program is a ripoff 
- NTB - company not good to work for 
- National Tire and Battery - they caused my accident 
- NTB - ruined my car! 
- National Tire and Battery - ntb credit card 
- NTB / National Tire & Battery - customer service/oil change 
- NTB / National Tire & Battery - new tires
- NTB / National Tire & Battery - replacement tire
- National Tire and Battery - beware of these folks and avoid at all costs
- NTB / National Tire & Battery - tire change