NTBruined my tire to get me to buy new ones

My husband, mother and I went to the NTB in Raymore, MO to have our driver side rear tire looked at. It had a very slow leak for going on 2 months and we finally got around to getting it fixed. My husband and I went inside while my mother stayed in the car. We told the guy at the counter that we needed the driver's rear tire looked at due to slow loss of air. He wrote down the info and I saw what he wrote, DR, for drivers side rear tire on the work order.

We gave the guy the keys so he could get the info he needed from the car. He came back in and was trying to sell us new tires because the tread was starting to get low. We politely told the guy no, there was still enough tread left and we weren't buying new tires that day. My mother came in after the guy had looked at the car and tire and we waited in the waiting room.

20 minutes later the guy wheeled our tire in and said we had something stuck in the sidewall and the tire wasn't fixable. It was a staple of some sorts and you could here the tire hissing from air loss. My husband told him to put the tire back on and that we would just go buy a used tire up the road because we didn't want one brand new tire and 3 almost wore out tires and we weren't ready to buy a whole new set that day. So the guy leaves and is rolling the tire thru the shop (we can see him thru the massive window in the waiting room)and that is when I realized that the tire he had taken off was the passenger rear and not the driver rear like he was instructed. They put the tire back on and the guy came in again and tried to sell us 4 new tires again. We told the guy we weren't buying new tires 1. we couldn't afford them this week 2. the other tires still had some life left in them. So then the guy was trying to get us to apply for a credit card thru them. My husband sa id no for the tenth time and then questioned him on taking off the wrong tire. The guy claims he must have heard my husband wrong but I saw him right down "DR" on the work order and my mother who was sitting in the car when he came out to the parking lot to get the plate number and mileage said he looked at the drivers rear tire and not the passenger rear tire. He then offered to go look at the correct tire and my husband told him don't bother we would take it somewhere else.

I am absolutely convinced that they stuck this staple in my tire to sell us new tires. There was absolutely nothing wrong with this tire before I took my vehicle there. My husband checks the tire pressure weekly and this tire has never been low before and it was not low when we left our house or when we had pulled into their parking lot. I find it very suspect that I have a staple in the opposite tire that had the issues to begin with and the whole time this guy was trying to sell us new tires. Not only that, but the way the staple was stuck in there was very odd. The staple was flattened out and stuck right in the sidewall like a needle and it was nice and sparkly clean yet it was rainey and snowing and the roads are gross and grimy.

I was furious to begin with and the guy was like "whatever" when we questioned him on it and said "do you want new tires or not". We prompltly left before I choked the guy. After we left we went to the business the next parking lot down and was inside for all of 10 minutes and when we came out the tire that had nothing wrong with it to begin with was half flat.

Now I have to replace a tire that was perfectly fine before hand @ $180 for 1 tire. I am outraged and will NEVER go there or any other NTB again. I called their hotline number and put a complaint in and am waiting for a response.

So

Comments

• Tr
      Dec 09, 2008
    NTB - ruined my tire on purpose to sell me new ones
    1901 W. Foxwood Dr.
    Raymond
    Mississippi

• Sh
      Jan 17, 2010
    NTB - mgr service disaster
    Maryland

Absolutely the worst service ever, in my 22 yrs od car repair experience.

Went for oil change, & steering wheel check up.

Instead wasted whole day, and still had no oil change, as the manager first scared me about brakes. Then told me $459 for 2 brakes/pad & rotar on rear wheel of my 2017 car. Since they were okay, I wanted to wait on that but he won't let me off that. Instead he started a long winded haggling process, by which he kept reducing the price, to as low as $353.

But when I still insisted that my brakes seem to be okay and just need the oil change, he seemed obviously upset and told me it'd take a while, even though there was only 2 cars in the store and 5 mechanics, but I left with my friend.

Then I was called and told that the nut for the oil change won't come off as its stripped and I'd have to get a new on for $19.99, to which I agreed after expressing surprise. An hour later I called to check and was told that they've it in stock and the car would be rady in an hour. At that point, I asked whether they can hold onto the tripped part, so I could show it to my previous mechanic, since they'were claiming its his fault. And I was told, they would.

2 more hours later, finally when I called was told the oil change is done and car is ready, so I went with my friend.

BUT SURPRISE, AFTER ANOTHER 20 MINS OF BEING TOLD TO WAIT FOR THE CAR TO BE BROUGHT OUT, that oil change is ACTUALLY not done and the guy is gone.

He apparently texted another mechanic, whose name they could not tell, neither could they tell me the Sherwyn's last name. They said they actually could not do the oil change and just handed me the key back.

MOST HORRIBLE STORE, MOST HORRIBLE MGR SHERWYN.Only go there if you like Russian Roulette.

• Wa
      Jan 22, 2011
    NTB - did not do work
    12900 Wisteria Drive Germantown, MD 20874
    Germantown
    Maryland
    Phone: [protected]

Beware! Crooks and thieves
    Went in for an oil change and even took in them the synthetic oil and filter to use. Noticed the oil light was still on so I figured they forgot to reset it so I did that. Boy was I wrong! Less than 2017 miles later the turbo bearing went out and the dealer stated the oil had not been changed. 5, 000 after the "oil change that never was" the motor was replaced due to "catastrophic internal bearing failure" of course ntb states there isn't any proof and denied any responsibility.

• 1m
      Apr 27, 2011
    NTB - business gone downhill
    Columbus
    Ohio

So dissappointed in this company. Won't use them again. Will be emailing corporation right after venting here. Bought 4 tires, brake pads(which were expensive due to labor. They always advertise free pads for life but of course labor is extra, so essentially, nothing is ever free.) and shocks. Had estimate from another competitor and was promised they would beat price. Final cost was $150 over competitor. When questioned on promise, I am beaten down. My fault but mentally draining. Shouldn't be if good company. Also, I was there a LONG and DRAWN OUT FOUR HOURS!!! I found out later that a part was delivered and it was the wrong part. If they kept a customer informed along the way, the wait would be expected. I would ask occasionally how much longer and they would tell me 30 min. which would turn out to be 1.5 hours. Then, a month later, had flat tire. Knew I could take it in and get repaired/replaced no problem cause had road hazard. That convenience surely changed over the years. If the puncture is along the outside edge instead of the middle the tire needs replaced. You get the tire for free but they charge $40 some dollars to mount and balance. THAT MUCH FOR ONE TIRE. Who the hell charges that much for ONE TIRE!!! Such ###. Never again...

• Me
      May 18, 2011

You brought your OWN oil and filter, had them put it in, and now because you have problems it's their fault? This is why I don't offer this service. Everyone says mechanics are crooks. Some are, but more often than not it's the customers that are crooks.

• Ki
      Oct 09, 2011
    NTB - ridiculous
    NTB

Me and my husband went in to the Harker Heights NTB to get our 4 tires replaced. We upgraded to the $104 tires. The counter lady told us it'd be abut $600. Nope! It was at least $150 more. Not only did they take 2-3 HOURS to replace our tires alone, the guy only took about 35 minutes to get our tires on (ONE good thing about this location is you can WATCH them do their work). When they finally finished we were ringed up. We asked for the military discount and he responded with "Ok yes we do have military discount" and he was then suppose to tack it on. The then said "Ok, $417 is your total." our total was $742!! And NO MILITARY DISCOUNT!! NTB is the perfect definition of why auto shops SUCK. Never go to NTB in Harker Heights TX!

Oct 20, 2011
    NTB - bad business
    NTB

This is Antonio Reddick, just letting NTB know that I was took for my money. First they told me that my control arms where out on my Buick lacrosse 05'. Then Mike told me he can do it for $600, told him that's alot come back when I get the money up. Came back in two weeks he went up $650 because of labor, but labor is the same if I got it done the first time. Still I trusted him and payed; sat from 7:30am to 3:30PM on sept. 1 2017 got into my car and it stil drove the same. I am a disable citizen that lost one of my legs saving a life. I am broke and still have a broken down car. I should have went to firestone, but put alot of trust into your company. Even after that they told me that was it and moved on to the next customer without taken care of my concerned first. The mechanic that was fixing on it went under my hood mess with something now it makes water sounds when I drive. I never in my life have been so mad, even when I lost my leg. I put everything I had into keeping my car running good. Now with it messing up worser than when I brought it in. I feel that I was raped and didn't get due process for the disability act of America.