NTB / overcharged

1251 U.S. 287 Frontage Road , Mansfield, United States Review updated:
Phone: (682) 518-8900

I went for an oil change. Along with the list of unnecessary services they implied I needed, was an air filter. When I asked the cost, I was told 10 to 15 dollars and no charge for the labor. What a steal right ; no labor fees... (sarcasm) I accepted.

At check out time I was charged $28.99 for an air filter. Seriously the air filter is more that the oil change (which involves actual labor)? What happened to 10 to 15 dollars? I questioned the clerk, who ignored me and thanked me for coming in today. Is it because I am a woman, that you think you can rip me off ? Again I was ignored.

I don't mind paying for services rendered, but these people are outright DISHONEST thieves! This life lesson only cost me $15.99 (average cost of air filter for my car is $13), as opposed to the $680.23 list of unnecessary services they tried to sell me (which probably would have ended up over $2 K)

Bottom line is, DISHONEST customer service.

Jan 4, 2015

Comments

• Om
      6th of May, 2010
    NTB - Took them 3 hours to install a battery
    ntb.com

Absolutely needed a battery today, took them 3 hours to install a battery. It seems to me they always give priority to bigger job. Unless you have time to spare or willing to leave the car with them, I will not try this place.

• Tr
      9th of Jun, 2010
    NTB - Stay far away from NTB
    ntb.com

They wanted over $600 to do a front brake job. We went there with a coupon for $79.00. Big difference!!!

11th of Dec, 2010

uh, you never mentioned if they honored the coupon or not?

11th of Dec, 2010

my suggestion to you is next time take your car to advance auto parts. purchase your battery. and then they will install it for free as well as remove of and dispose your old one for free. my new battery costs $59.00 not bad at all. 40, 000 mile general warranty. not bad at all.

• La
      20th of Apr, 2011
    NTB - Bad Service
    Crestwood
    Illinois

You'd better be careful if you go there. They are terrible. They'll try to take all of your money, do a bad job and when you bring the car back they still won't fix it. They got me for close to 3000.00 and the car still has to be fixed.

• Fu
      10th of Jun, 2011
    NTB - Not fair
    NTB

NTB took over HWY 10 firestone and auto I had these prepaid oil changes and also replaced all four tires with lifetime allinment flat repair on october 1st ntb took over and they will not honer any of my prepaid services !

• Ra
      13th of Jul, 2011
    NTB - Work not needed
    NTB

After an oil change and tire rotation I was told I need back brakes on my Jeep with 35, 000 miles and it was an emergency...after getting two more opitions there's nothing wrong with my brakes...saved $492.06

• Fr
      8th of Nov, 2011
    NTB - Sucks
    NTB

Just been informed that almost half the tread of my 50, 000 mile rated tire is gone in 10, 000 miles. That's called deceptive trade practices!

4th of Sep, 2012

new service manager at north mopac store is a idiot.need someone better in customer service.who knows ther merchandise, and product.i understand that hes new but sais he had been doing this for a while.anyway never comimg back again. would pay more fore better service

• Sc
      18th of Nov, 2012
    NTB - employees
    Ohio

This is a bad place to work they only pay tire tech 6.00 an hour now do u want someone not paid well to work on your car how can u trust then to do good work on Ur car if they can't pay there employees .

19th of Nov, 2012

It doesn't matter how long you have work there. you will not see a raise as tire tech .The only way you will move up is GET YOUR ASE'S SO YOU CAN MOVE UP. What is better 500 a paycheck or 1500 to 3000 a paycheck .

8th of Mar, 2016

I agree with everyone's complaints, NTB is dishonest, they overcharge exceedingly with labor charges nearly $189 an hour. They do not fix the problem, adding to it by not actually changing out parts, and causes more damage, when you go in for simple work, such as an oil change or an alignment, especially the NTB on Veterans near Clearview Mall in Met., LA, and the NTB on Washington, in NO, LA.