NTB / National Tire & Battery / damaged wheels

1 Bobby JonesAugusta, GA, United States

Dropped my car off December 5th around 11 am to get 2 new tires put on and also the new tires to be rotated to the front. I recently bought my car 6 months ago from dealership used. The wheels had locking lug nuts on them and the shop was having a hard time getting them off. They ended up rounding the locking lug nuts on 3 out of 4 tires. From 11 am to 7 pm they worked on it only managing to get 3 tires done and said I had to come to pick up the car tomorrow. They also showed me how they had attempted to extract the lug nut at first and without success, they took the entire wheel and hub assembly off in one piece. They also tried drilling the stud out of the wheel hub from the back to get the lug nut to come off. I ended up going back this morning on December 6th and taking my wheel to a car dealership so they could get the hub off. Dropped wheel off around 8 30 and after 11 am they called me and told me my car was done. I spoke with the manager about the wheel being damaged and he told me it was alright because the cover was going to hide it and also the lug nuts. He told me he wasn't going to charge me for the labor which for 10 and a half hours of work would have equated to around $1, 081. Along with the tires and mounting it would have brought my total to a whopping $1, 529. Now all I needed was one new tire and I ordered two because I like to change them in sets and somehow it turned into over a 24-hour job. I am grateful they did not try to charge me for labor but at the same time my wheel is still damaged and the manager refuses to do anything about it.

Clinton Cash