NTB / I feel scammed

Phone: 972-293-8821

On Feb.14, 2008 I purchased 4 new 20" tires along with road
hazard for my 03 Dodge pickup. I also bought the 3 year
alignment. The counter man told me to bring it in every 6
months for alignment and rotation. So i came in August 14.
We discovered the two front tires were showing cords and
the service guy said i probably wouldn't get another week
before they blew, and i should buy two more tires now before
i got stranded. I was dumbfounded at this point, since they
were only 6 months old. I spoke to the manager and made my
argument that new tires should get a couple years and at the
very least my road hazard should cover this problem. He of
course disagreed with my logic and insisted its not their fault
and the best he could do was give me a discount for two new
tires. Well these two tires somehow cost the same as the originals
I was not happy with the outcome, but was forced to comply
because i agreed i would blow both tires within the next or two.
He also told me i could bring my truck in as often as i wanted,
which was contrary to what i was told in feb. The six months
was just enough to wear them down to cords. Its almost as
though they had the time frame down just right. I then took my truck to my mechanic and he said they had my alignment,
he called it toed in, to wear the insides out to coincide with
my recommended service visit. I will not use this company
again and may not go back for the balance of my service
contract. I hope this letter will aid folks in being cautious when
dealing with these folks.

Comments

V8
  9th of Jun, 2009
Yes NTB sucks!!! I went by there 3 times to have them check my tires for air, (something that would've taken so quick) and all 3 times when I walked in nobody greeted me and ignored the fact that I was even there . I finally got fed up after waiting and just left yet, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and figured maybe they were just extremely busy that day but only to return 2 other times to have the same thing happen all over again. So I just decided to take my car to Discount Tire across the street and it took less than 10 minutes for them to put air in my tires. I wont be going to NTB again!
Ha
  9th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They charged me $1800 and put car shocks on the front of my truck... now my truck bounces down the road like a basketball.

They insist I need the same ### shocks installed on the back for another $600

Fortunately I paid using the NTB credit card, so I can just throw that bill away when it comes in.

HA!!!

N T B COMPLETELY SUCKS ###... STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!
Rd
  27th of May, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
most ntb CUSTOMERS suck [censor]... I personally try my damndest to get people to understand that bad service can happen in even the best shop on a crappy day. Working on cars is one of the most misunderstood and suckiest jobs around today and I completely agree that service has declined and that it is cut-throat. WE have to put up with customers that have a vending machine mentality and think that they can simply put their money in and out it comes... NO service facility can simply survive on oil changes (and most people think that purchasing them is loyal business) when infact it is a major inconvenience at best.

The bottom line is that it takes REAL money and REAL customers (meaning that they have REAL expectations and the patience to wait or leave their cars if need be) to be able to provide quality service. This also means that they have to be willing to pay a reasonable price as well... This price pays for equipment and MORE importantly the PROPER training of these much hated employees that SUCK so much [censor]. This is the real problem with nearly all shops (even dealerships) who in my opinion are no better because I correct their mistakes too...

NTB / National Tire & Battery Logo NTB / National Tire & Battery