NT Society / Scam mail!

NV, United States Review updated:
3.9
Well I too received a letter from the NT Society, offering me to join their secret society for 'Free'. I felt there was something fishy about the entire offer so I tossed the letter aside. I was cleaning today, and I found it, hence i googled it and this site came up.

I was not at all surprised about the scam, however the one thing I found interesting was the two people who mentioned that they visited 'The Secret' website prior to receiving the letter from the NT Society, since I recall doing the same. Few months ago I went to the Secret website as well. If 'The Secret' has got something to do with it they can get in a hell of a lot of trouble for not respecting the privacy laws.

If others have went to The Secret website prior to receiving their scam letter, please let me know.
Va

Comments

Li
  16th of Mar, 2008
I recieved a letter a while ago telling me how special my tallents were in this plainly obvious scam letter. The grammer was terrible and I found several spelling mistakes and my name had quite clearly been slotted into a pre written letter with a simple computer programme. It also said that if I didn't respond within 5 days (even though the letter wasn't dated) that I would miss out on this wonderful opportunity forever. 3 months later I recieved a similar letter asking me for $218 New Zealand dollars.
If they had sent me a reply paid envelope I would have sent them a rude letter but they're not worth the postage. I hope someone finds these people and puts a stop to this. I hope there aren't too many people out there who have fallen for it.
Ye

British Columbia
Canada
Phone: 250-658-2699

Shalom!

This huge detailed letter arrives telling you how rich you can become if you pay this 150 dollars within 5 days.
I called got an operator who said I was right to call the better buisness and report them . I of course would never send them a cent. I smell a scam and surpised and not surprised at the lengths people go to get someones money.

May G_d bless you

Yehudit Mirel
En
  8th of Apr, 2008
I also decided to google the web 1st on this so called "secret society"! This is nothing but a scam people, please don't send any money. I'm in South Africa and this scam has reaced us now. The 1st booklet they send you is for free, there after you get this cheap looking booklet of 54 pages with a whole lot of crap in it! There after you must send R1, 603-00 to get the 680 page book that will make you rich!! This is not true, if this was true every single person on this planet would be rich. Please people, don't fall for this scam. This is alot of money to loose, especially if you don't have that kind of money to loose!!
Sh
  23rd of Jul, 2008
I too have been subject to this scam !! The letter they send tells you about all of the talents you have that you may not even be aware of yet. I was sent the 1st booklet after I sent a response back to them. The first booklet is free. Then they sent me a letter saying that I needed to respond within 5 days also, however the letter wasnt dated!! I was also sent an origional newspaper clipping from the United States (Las Vegas Nevada) of an old chinese healing remedy. The story was awesome.
They sent me another letter stating that I had been hand picked by a highly dignified group of celebrities and that I would be amazed at who they were if I knew their names. Thats just it, they dont tell you who they are ! It is obvious that the letters are prescripted and that Names are just dropped into place. Not in any of the letters they sent me did they mention anything relevent to why I would actually send them my hard earned $$. They were asking me to send them 150.00 u.s. so that they could cover their shipping and handling costs of the 512 page manuscript. In the first letter they sent they also told me not to tell anyone of the letter because my descendants and I were the only ones who could benefit from the teachings anyway. It is apparently a 10 second technique, and it gives you the ability to plug yourself "in" and tap into what ever your hearts desire is. Wether its to be at your perfect body weight, or have the love of your life, or prosperity, or anything else you would want to manifest. I dont know why you would need a 512 page manuscript to explain 10 seconds of work. I didnt respond to the letter or newspaper clipping and thought I was free of them until just 2 days ago I received another letter !! Yes thats right.
Now this letter states that they have assigned me a mentor who is a celebrity & who will guide me into becoming a member of the secret NT society. They are asking me for the 150.00 u.s. again and told the same story to me that was in the first letter. They have given me 5 days to respond and send my chq, money order, or credit card info. This time they have also given me a ph# for the United States and a Fax#. I will try calling to see what the deal is and give you guys an update when I know more. They are persistent, I will give them that... I dont even know how they would have gotten my info because I am NEVER on the internet for anything. Not even email or Messenger. I am too busy so, it really can happen to anyone.
The bottom line people is, like my mother said, "if it sounds to good to be true, then it is." In the letter it states that I am a Very Lucky person. They are right. A friend told be about the sites so I decided to check it out and now I am able to tell you my story. Thank -You Dale ! :->
Ad
  19th of Oct, 2008
Just to let everyone know - my experience was the same as the previous one from Shawna. To the letter. I just received yet another letter from the secret society but they have finally (in this 4th letter to me that wasn't supposed to give me one last chance, by the way) in this letter they have dropped the payment down to "just the cost of printing and shipping the book, " it is now a mere $49.95
This book promotion is nearly identical to the one I received in the early '90s from someone called "Neo-Tech." This advertisement, including the cheap little freebie book installment they send to everyone first, looks so much like the Neo-Tech from the nineties that I honestly think it is the same book just re-marketed under a new title.
I DID order the neo-tech book back then, and they did end up giving back my money. No guarantee you would get your money back this time or not. In any case, the first book from back then was definitely a HUGE manuscript, but it just went on and on in a rambling and non-sensical manner. Chapter after chapter talked about what it was "not" about ... then went on to describe a life without moral restrictions placed on one by religious systems, specifically life without a "god" was the key to fortune. I cannot say that is what is in the "Secret Society" book, but the promotional material and first installment booklet is all very similar.
I wrote this because there might be curiosity seekers out there who just want to know what is in their "secret" book. Do with the information what you will...
I was glad I got my money back.
Al
  17th of Feb, 2009
Have you ever read their booklets? What are they about? Or this is a content of garb???
El
  15th of Oct, 2009
Same story here in the USA. (10-15-09.) Clearly a scam. Clearly thay have moved shop and are back in business. ( Zip code 75238) I can see how they would play on the mind set of people in todays struggling economy. They promise money, wealth, fame, and so on. I am sure that there will be many who fall for this scam. Those who have lost their jobs like I have and are wondering how to pay the bills. The helplesness feeling that goes with struggling from day to day. These people are promising to turn all of that around & make all of the bad go away for the mear sum of $135.00. WOW ...I am sure there will be a lot of dissapointed people. Don't fall for it...
Bu
  10th of Mar, 2010
I did send for the so called free booklet, and yes I did know that they would try and get me to send them money for more materials, I did know it would be a scam, but out of curiosity, I thought I would have fun messing with these people, I just want to see how far they will go.
But my advice is do not send them any money, cause you will not become rich from thier so called secerts.
Ja
  25th of Jul, 2010
I received the "Orientation Booklet" also. It contained 5 stories of how these people came across the secret. It's funny how they all were given there manuscript without paying a cent. But I have to part with $200+ to get mine. SCAMMERS.
Ru
  17th of Aug, 2010
NT SOCIETY IS SCIENTOLOGY, SCAMMERS AND [censor] IS ALL THEY ARE AND STUPID HOLLYWWOD ACTORS FALL FOR THEIR CRAP.
Pe
  10th of Dec, 2014
I fell for this but I did send the £150 for the 600page manuscript and I got it through the post which I started to read. They said in a letter the secret message is in the book even if you don't see it you have taken the secret messages in when you have read the book. Well I started reading the first 100 or so pages and gave up reading it as when you have read that book you got to send more money for manuscript 2 £150 and read that one and pay for book 3. When you've read these you meet with the rich and famous for secret meetings free membership for the first year. SCAM