NSLSC / Student Loans

1 Canada Review updated:
Phone: 18888154514

These guys deposited 1300.00 into the wrong account and there trying to collect it from me. Be warned these guys sent student loans to the wrong bank 3 times with BMO sending it back before this happened

And theyre holding me responsible when everything on my end was correct. I phoned them to confirm they had the right account, sent additional letter with a void cheque and phoned them to make sure they got the letter. Have fun dealing with them

Ps they also hit me with an R9

Comments

• Pl
      1st of Feb, 2010

Well they just did the same thing to me 4700.00 into a restricted account, so I don't get a student loan and will still owe them.

• Pl
      1st of Feb, 2010

So I called their call center, the agent admitted to the mistake - and had to transfer me to their supervisor a very unprofessional lady called CHRISTINE, she says "its not the governments concern, the province game them the wrong information and thats what they went with. FULL STOP LOL - is there anything else i can help you with*

YES - PUT MY MONEY IN THE RIGHT ACCOUNT > THE GOVERNMENT CHOSE TO CENTRALIZE AND MESS THIS STUFF UP, SO WHY NOT MAKE SURE IT WORKS WELL?

• Re
      1st of Mar, 2012

GSL deposited my ex girlfriends money to my account but the funds were intended for my ex .
    Now GSL lady called me and says to return the money and talk to my bank on how to do it. My bank tells me to talk to GSL on how to do it.
    Its messed up.

• Ky
      8th of Sep, 2014

I hate nslsc. Sept 8th and my funds are still not in my account. These guys are useless (LITERALLY) the province releases our funds to them and then NSLSC releases our funds to another company that then deposits our funds. So nslsc is just a 3rd party and a pointless one to boot!!!

• Cf
      14th of Oct, 2015

is there somewhere to actually file a formal complaint? I had missed some forms to get in for a grant, fine my fault I own that. I sent in the forms. I mailed the original and I faxed it at least a dozen times under the instruction of their staff. I kept getting calls stating they needed this form I knew I had sent in multiple times. I continued to fax the SAME form in every single day as instructed by their staff. eventually I was told by TWO different people the form had been received and my grant would be in my account within 7 business days. all was well until I got yet another voicemail from them. again they were telling me they had not gotten the form. I finally lost it and spoke to a supervisor. turns out I am supposed to know and sign a form that I have NEVER had to sign before and literally does not have a space for a signature or require one. about a month of speaking to probably every staff member and this was the conclusion? half the time the staff didn't know what I was talking about they would backtrack in their own words and apparently do not note accounts. normally I am very easy going and there was a problem that was solved no big deal. I have had to take time out of my work day (I am working two jobs to put myself through university) and I have not been able to purchase things needed for school because this grant had not come through. I am unbelievably annoyed that my time and energy has been wasted for the past month on such a simple fix. after seeing what had been sent multiple times why was I not given clear instructions? why did I suddenly have to sign something A) I have never signed before and B) had no place for a signature? why was I constantly transferred to student aid and then ending up right back at NSLSC? why did staff confirm my account was fine when it was not on two separate occasions? why were the staff clueless as to what I was saying even when I went into great detail about said form? do they not know what forms are required? correct me if I am wrong but when you work somewhere shouldn't you be knowledgeable about what you do? this issue could have been dealt with weeks ago.

• Ru
      1st of Jan, 2016

I was hung up on when I was clearly speaking in a firm but polite manner. Talked to condescendingly. Talked down on and called a ‘customer’ on multiple occasions when the word ‘borrower’ is more appropriate. Called to in inquire about how to make payments, was told to “not to worry about it, we have your banking information already”. Second call was about why my interest rate is so high, as soon as I posed the question; I got hung up on. Scam. My school gets half of the blame for not entertaining the expenses and the government gets the 2nd half for destroying young people’s lives. What can I say? I can’t start my life and didn’t get the job that was ever so promised to me, just some low paying call center gigs. I hope Harper is taking notes duly after he got voted out from office, don’t screw with us young people. But these cold hard losers will never help or lower the interest rate, they rather see us break down rather than help

• Cb
      24th of May, 2016

They are the most horrendous individuals known to man-kind. They operate as though they are a second-grade international call-center for the least reputable company ever. I was not only treated with zero dignity and respect, but I actually was seriously affected from the manner in which Shirley from Resolution Services treated me. I was told misinformation about my student loan since the very beginning, mislead to the fullest extent. When being told how much I would have to pay each month and telling them how I take care of my sick mother and pay for her medical and living expenses and how I will not be able to afford the minimum payments which subsequently would result in both myself (and my family) as well as my mother- there was NOTHING they could do about it. My existence and quality of life was looked at as unnecessary and unimportant. I was transferred around to different departments with no real explanation or resolution only to be told to 'appreciate the education I received' and that 'if it was a car and I couldn't afford the payments it would be taken from me' and that 'i should appreciate what i have' completely unethical.

• Mm
      22nd of Aug, 2018

WORST SERVICE EVER

I called to change my address and the first lady hung up with me right when I finished spelling it out because she couldn't be bothered to wait and listen. The second time I called I mentioned twice that I was hung up on and the lady didn't acknowledge or apologize either time.

I come today to check on my portal that the address is still completely incorrect and spelled wrong. So now I have to call back and be hung up on and receive lazy service handling very sensitive information yet again.

Great.

• Zi
      30th of Aug, 2018

I had a loan which I had been delinquent on that was sent to CRA for collections. It sat there for some time before I actually addressed it, which comes of my own ignorance. For the last 2 years now, I have been dealing with CRA while repaying that loan. They we're very informative, helpful, and accurate in the information they had given me during this time. At the beginning of June 2018 I had brought that loan down significantly, and was eligible to have it deferred back to NSLSC so that I could re-borrow.

When I initiated the transfer back to NSLSC at the beginning of June, and I was told by the agent at CRA to NOT make any further payments until I received a letter from NSLSC in FIVE WEEKS TIME stating that the loan had been returned to them. Otherwise any payments I made would have just gone to the CRA and they would have had to refund those back to me. Makes sense, right?

I called CRA THREE WEEKS later, on what I believe was June 20th, and they advised that NSLSC had recieved my loan and to proceed now with them. Great!

Contacted NSLSC on that same day and they told me I was delinquent on a payment!!! They had received the loan a few days prior, never contacted me. I was advised by CRA to wait 5 weeks, and 3 weeks later I was considered delinquent because NSLSC failed to contact me and decided that I needed to make a payment just days after they had recieved the loan!!!

Fast forward today, I get a call from them. I missed it, called them back, and seriously spoke with the biggest b***h I had ever encountered.

They we calling to say I had a payment due that needed to be made before they could release funds for my new loan. I advised that I had contacted them before initiating a new loan application and was told I had nothing to worry about. She says she "doesnt know anything about that, but that a payment needs to be made exactly on Sept 5th before funds can be released. Is there anything else I can help you with?" I asked if I could just make the payment right now, and was told that "under no circumstances can I make a payment now because it will not be calculated properly" and I would still have to make a payment on the 5th. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

I asked if I would make the payment to the same account number, she cut me off, said no, riddled off my account number, and started with her "is there anything else I can help you with" bulls**t. PS, it was indeed the account number I had always made payments to.

I asked why I wasnt informed about this earlier, and tried to just get some information about why this was the way it was and how this process worked. She refused to co-oporate, ending every sentence with "is there anything else I can help you with?". She could not WAIT to get me off the phone.

I asked about this affecting my enrollment, as the date I'm due to make this payment is also the date I statt classes, and therefore is the date tuition is due. I said I was concerned about my enrollment, which she responded with "well I dont know anything about that, it could very well affect your enrollment, but the payment needs to be made. Is there anything else I can help you with"

I tried to further understand the process but she would not give me a single ounce of information, just repeating the same s**t over and over again, each time ending with "is there anything else I can help you with".

I asked if this process was typical, and if accounts who had entered repayment and wantwd to re-borrow were handled the same way. That was met with "well I cant discuss any other accounts, I can only tell you whats here in front of me. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

I have NEVER delt with such a horrible institution, or such a wretched bunch of people before in my entire life. I've delt with maybe 5 or 6 agents there in the past few months, and every single one of them have been completly ignorant assh***s.

I seriously can not believe the Government of Canada is allowing that institution to run the way it does, and allowing the NSLSC to treat Canadian citizens the way it does. It's shameful.

Like a previous poster had asked, I would LOVE to know if there was a formal complaint center for the NSLSC, because I would love nothing more to voice some strongly worded opinions to them.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" Yes, [censored] the whole way off!

• Ew
      21st of Nov, 2018

@Ziggy1105 "Is there anything else I can help you with" will be forever engraved in my mind. I made a mistake on my RAP, so they had asked to submit some further information. It wasn't until today that the mistake I made would not reflect what was on the information I submitted. So i called today, Nov. 21st 2018 to subject myself to my own mistake and asked how this could be fixed. I am human, I am easy going, and usually don't get angry on the phone to CSR's because I have been one myself. But today, my experience was so horrible with NSLSC, I was fuming! I spoke with Jeff (I think was his name, he said it so bloody fast and low that i had to ask him to repeat himself so many times) did not give two flying [censored]s about my concerns and was so CONDESCENDING! Like wow, it's like they hire the most unqualified dipsh*its they can find. Jeff Interrupted me multiple times and just kept repeating "is there anything else I can help you with today?" ... Yeah, you can actually help me Jeff! what's the point in calling if you aren't willing to help ??