NSFWMOB / Unauthorised Billing

1 South Africa Review updated:

My daughter's mobile phone has been receiving text messages from something called NSFWMOB and that she is subscribed for this service at R20 per day. My daughter has not authorised this payment and also tried unsubscribing but to no avail. Doing some research on the internet, I see that there are quite a few complaints with the same problem. I found a connection to Smartcall and called them, but they subsequently told me that SMARTCALL TECHNOLOGIES handles these subscriptions and that I must call them on Monday. The number they gave me is [protected]. I have tried calling them today (Saturday) but not answer. If I don't get through to this number on Monday, I will contact Smartcall again and also lay a complaint against them, as they seem to be affiliated to each other (same name and very similar contact numbers).

Mo

More NSFWMOB Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Za
      18th of Feb, 2011

I am a 18year old guy has the exact same problem

• Ki
      21st of May, 2011

Yes i agree the same thing has been happening to me. and mtn is not willing to help me. something has to be done hundred rands of money keep dissapearing from my account its annoying big i cant take this its bull. what i know is the main sever is in cape town and were do they get authority to take money i do not know but mtn seats back as money lives our accounts and they get a fat share of the money.

• Zs
      4th of Jul, 2011

I have had the same problem, upon my call to customer service( MTN), I was told that an email is being sent to smart call technology to unsubscribe me, but that was it! No one's going to reimburse my airtime. I wil go as far as to say MTN is part of scam because this is second encounter I have had, both times I was the loser .Mtn allows these fly by night companies to debit your debit without your authority and without proof of subscription. Smart call technology cannot prove my subscription by voice confirmation or by acceptance of email any in any contract terms must be agreed upon by both parties and I have never agreed nor have i been to any site affiliated with smart call or nsfwmob.