NPower / Wrong meter fitting

1 Nuneaton, England, Warwickshire, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07768249396

I am writing to complain about a key meter fitted by npower to pay off the previous tenants electricity bill, i was on holiday at the time and family members were looking after my house. They arrived with bailiffs and threatened to take away my belongings if my sister refused to let them fit the meter. I am appalled at the way this was handled. I have just come off the phone to a very unhelpful young lady who told me that i have never phoned there company to let them know that I am the new tenant. I HAVE on numerous occasions phoned n power to let them know that i have moved. I have also sent off 2 tenancy agreements and someone from npower has called to my address to speak to the previous tenant in person to collect the collect the money owed, I then showed him my tenancy agreement in person and he replied that was not a real tenancy agreement. So now I am paying someone else's bill as npower refuse to take the meter out until i send off yet another tenancy agreement.

Comments

25th of Oct, 2008

Npower tactics border on illegality and they always have. They use their corporate power to bully people and alway demand money with menaces. Plus their call centres are manned by incompetent lying idiots who won't listen to you unless you are paying money. I should know I have personal experience with them and even after leaving their clutches they still trying to demand money with menaces.

• Me
      17th of Aug, 2009

I know the feeling i am currently having the same trouble..i recently moved in to a buissiness premisis on feb 21 2009 on doing so i telephoned npower to inform them i was the new tennant.Simple the electricity supply was now in my name. you'd think..three months down the line in may 6 2009 i had a visitor form npower asking for a mrs.t.a.monk and that he'd been sent by npower to cut off the electricity supply. I showed the guy my i.d and gave him a copy of my tenancy agreement to prove i was not the woman in question.He took note of this and said he'l report back to npower with this information as he could clearly see i was the new tennant.Now three months later august 12 2009 i open up to find a locksmith and a electricion had been to lets be honest illegally cut off the electricity supply. Issuing a member of staff with a warrant for the previous tennant.mrs.t.a.monk knowing lawfully that mrs.t.a.monk is not the tannant and has not been since feb 21 2009. my partner then telephoned npower to ask how and why this has happened and they were what he discribed as rude and un-interested in helping us solve this matter.Telephoning a second time i was told to fax a copy of my tenancy agreement over to npower wich would prove my self as the tenancy holder and the date i took over the tennancy.This is the tennancy agreement bettween the landlord and myself wich the landlord had produce to me . there is an official stamp of my landlords property buisiness details and contact number on there for any enquires regarding this issue.They yet again did not seem interested. they told me my tenancy agreement was 'not good enough'. I am a 20 year old female with a reputable buissiness.As myself bein self-employed at the address at were the electricity supply had been un-reasonably disconnected npower have left me no option but to seize trade as a result i have had no alternative but to seek legal advise regarding loss of earnings. Please bare in mind ive had NO warnings NO reminders NOTHING.This came as a complete shock to me. Yes i am extremly upset about the whole situation in wich npower has unreasonably left me in. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH TO NPOWER IM ONLY MORE THAN HAPPY TO PAY WHATS DUE TO ME.
    Shortly after filing a complaint to npower i recived a telephone call
    TOM- ive recently read through your complaint ive picked up on numerous problems stated. for one the guy who called in may should not have given you reson to belive he would change the tennancy over with us into your name.I can only appologise
    * STEPS YOUR SUPPLYER MUST TAKE BEFOR DISCONNECTING YOU* does not apply as you are not a costomer.
    *As for the warrant for the mrs.t.a. monk you were within your rights.again i can only appologise.
    ME-why when i contacted npowwer they said in order to reconnect the supply i would have to pay this persons outstanding debt in total of 1246.31 when they know full well this is not my debt i have provided you a tennancy agreement to prove the date i moved in.
    TOM- You have two options in getting the supply switched back on you either
    1* WITHOUT DOING A CHANGE OF OCCUPANCY pay the previous tennants bill INCLUDING FULL BALANCE ADMINISTRATION FEE OF 428.00 COVERING COSTS IN MAGISTRATES WARANT AND VISITING YOUR PROPERTY A RECONNECTION FEE OF 105.00 AND A UP FRONT PAYMENT OF THREE MONTHS USAGE. TOTALING TO A WHOPPING 1246.31
    or
    2*send a copy of the commercial tenancy agreement via fax with the first three pages and the last signature page.
    I LEFT THE CONVERSATION AT THAT.
    WITH BUISINESS CLOSED AND BILLS AT HOME OCCURING I HAD NO OPTION BUT TO TAK ELEGAL ACTION. I CONSULTED TWO SEPERATE LAWYER BOTH OF WICH WOULD LIKE ME TO TAKE THIS CASE FURTHER. AND REGARDING THE TENANCY AGREEMENT BOTH LAWYERS HAVE GIVEN ME 100% CONFIDANCE THAT MY TANANCY AGREEMENT IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE. I am in the process of getting this whole situation sorted i will keep you all informed of my progress if any! as for now i can only hope they reconnect my supply so i can get my buisiness back on form as soon as possible for the sake of my family and future.