NPower / pricing scam

1 london, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I have been completely ripped off by Npower this year.

Overall I am paying more than double what neighbouring flats/appartments pay. This is due to their "sculpted" gas scheme whereby they encourage you to use as much gas as possible and reward you with a cheaper bill (which is inevitably catastrophic for the environment). If you are are careful with your usage, as I am, in my case as an attempt to save money and the environment, then you are punished with ridiculously large bills. This long and cold winter in which I have used as little gas as possible has left me not only freezing cold but completely penniless. The Npower staff were completely unsympathetic and made absolutely no effort to resolve this situation or come to a compromise.

Avoid Npower at all costs!

Comments

• Kw
      25th of Feb, 2010

I signed up for a dual fuel deal which would give me £100 back at the end of the year, but npower totally messed it up and they took they details of my neighbour's meter and kept asking me to pay for it. After complaining for a year, I was so fed up and agreed to settle with a £100 cheque and move to somewhere else although I was paying a lot more than what's written on the signed contract. Mr.David Wright at customer service agreed to confim this in writing, but I never received it. I'm still complaining after the conversation with Mr. Wright 4 motnhs ago, and they keep sending me threatening letters for legal proceedings etc.

Npower is the worst company I've ever seen. Avoid.

• Co
      10th of Apr, 2010

We have just received a bill from NPower for £790 for a quarter. We live in a small one bedroom flat not NASA HQ. In our previous flat our average monthly bill was around £50 (with eon). Not a chance in hell i'm paying this!

• Ca
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    NPower - investigation of supply
    1B FLAT 3 OLDMINSTER ROAD
    Gloucester
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 01453 810706

I queried my bill in July as it was for the wrong meter, l was told that there would an investigation to see which was the correct meter for the flat l rent. I was told on the 25th July that this could take up to 90 days to resolve. On Saturday 7th Dec. I received two bills in the same envelope, when l queried these lbwas told that it was still under investigation and should be resolved this week and to ignore the bills as they should not have been sent as it was still under query. I had numerous reminders and a letter saying l would be cut off if l did not pay, when l threatened to go to a solicitor l received a letter saying l would not get any correspondence till the investigation was complete. Once this is done and l have paid the bill l will be moving my account. Regards CPBuckley