nowtorrents.comScammed for software I could download for free!

1 Review updated:

I was searching for an audio file and I was (mis) led to a site claiming to have the torrent of the file I wanted. I clicked on it, hoping it would just download automatically, when it took me to this site telling me I had to sign up with my credit card for only .99 a month. That was it! Or so I thought.
Then, I received a confirmation email stating that I had downloaded two protection plans that were $15 each in addition to the $24 I'd spent on membership!
I went to the site the email directed me to, put in my username and password, and what do you know it told me to download Limewire...an application I could've gotten FREE! Well turns out, Limewire didn't have what I wanted, and there was no way of reaccessing the original site advertising the torrents that I needed.
I got SCAMMED! Is there any way I can get my money back?

Comments

• Go
      Jul 02, 2009

Nowtorrents is a totally free website.

You must have clicked on one of the advertising links... And signed up with another website.

Again NOWTORRENTS DOES NOT CHARGE ANYONE FOR ANYTHING.

Its 100% FREE. This post should be removed.

•   Jul 02, 2009

This one's all you - no one held a gun to your head to purchase anything.
    Prior to buying something online, it's typically a great idea to do a little investigating or shopping around to see if a better deal can be found. A little research goes a long way.

Jul 02, 2009

Exactly! Stop giving nowtorrents a bad name, its a great website. totally free!

• Do
      Aug 21, 2009

Go to http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/nowtorrents.com for an additional list of complaints. This site is no innocent, despite godius's comments.

dogius

• Ti
      Aug 21, 2009

Dogius you are a joke right?

Do your research before you give sites a bad name!

Where on nowtorrents can you pay for anything? Its a free torrent searcher.

Maybe an advertiser on there is not 100%, but dont give the wrong site a bad name...

• Gr
      Aug 30, 2009

"Where on nowtorrents can you pay for anything? Its a free torrent searcher."
    "Nowtorrents is a totally free website."

Are you people ###ed or do you maybe work for nowtorrents? Cause it's pretty easy to see what happens when you try a torrent link on the site:

Select Download Location
    Download (file I'm after)
    Select one the NowDownloadAll.com servers for direct downloading:

Access Denied!
    If you are not a member and have not signed up already, please signup below and register a new account. The process is quick and easy! If you’ve already signed up, please login with your username and password.

Step 2 of 3: Membership Options
    Your membership is backed by a 7 day satisfaction guarantee.
    Signup Now and join the millions of users that share files on the internet
    Unlimited Downloads! This is a flat fee with no additional costs per download.
    Special: Lifetime Unlimited Downloads Access 7-day Trial Only $1.99 !!!
    Now with an incredible saving on the optional Lifetime Membership!
    Get your unlimited trial for only 1.99 for 7-days. Then one-time 39$ ONLY if you decide to keep it.
    2 Years Full & Unlimited Access for (one-time charge) 69.95 - only $47.76 (1.99/mth)
    Get Blazing Fast Downloads + 1 Year Download Protection
    Free Updates & New releases only 1.29/mth
    Get the Codec Pro Pack - View in DVD Quality the movies and videos you download - Only $9.95

Explain where "Free" comes in to play?

• Mo
      Aug 30, 2009

NOWTORRENTS.com

IS NOT THE SAME SITE AS

NOWDOWNLOADALL.com

NOWTORRENTS.COM = FREE
    NOWDOWNLOADALL.com = NOT FREE

You give NOWTORRENTS.com a bad name, and that is not fair!

• Co
      Sep 01, 2009

The idea of a torrent is its free if i wanted a search engine i'd use google.

Nowtorrents is a rip and i hope karma bites the sites ops in the ### real nice

• Hu
      Sep 03, 2009

1. Search for an arcane torrent on nowtorrents.com.
    2. It will show the "Searching..." screen..
    3. Then it will show "No results were found, please redefine your query" with 4 "HIGH SPEED EXTERNAL DOWNLOAD LINKS".
    4. Click on one of those links and you will be redirected to http://idownloadunlimited.com/ or http://nowdownloadall.com/ or a newer clone by the time you read this post.

From Free ---> Redirect to --> Not Free. Standard footprint of scam artists.

Sep 03, 2009

@Humbo

Who forced you to pay? And did you pay to nowtorrents? Did you pay on nowtorrents? NO YOU DID NOT.

STOP BLAMING A SITE FOR LINKING TO ANOTHER SITE.

You dont blame google for liking to scam sites do you?

• Ye
      Sep 29, 2009

Nowtorrents puts scammer adds at the top of their results page.
    They recommend that one visit these lying sites. (such as idownloadunlimited.com)
    Nowtorrents is part of the fraud and deserves the bad name.

• St
      Oct 03, 2009

DDDDDDD

• Co
      Oct 06, 2009

@godius

Why so protective over a site. Fact is that it does link you to a scam site right at the top of the page and it masquerades as a legitimate torrent. Although some common sense will tell you that it looks fishy with the same [FullVersion], [2009], [HIGHSPEED] comment after every search. As such post is legit and should remain to warn others!

• Al
      Oct 30, 2009

Coud you please give member login and password

Nov 08, 2009

People are dumb. Godius is just telling you if you type in what you are searching for, like a movie or game, in the search spot, it will show you any torrents it finds. If you click on anything else other than those torrents, you are asking for trouble. I don't care if this site, nowtorrents.com, has or participates in other "paid" sites or scams. I don't click on anything else but those torrent finds. Why would you click on those things. If you accidentally click on those scams...it happens, just close the window. Simple. Why would anyone pay for something that you didn't research for. Hey can i give you my e-mail address so you can pay me through paypal. I'm charging you a stupid fee. Anyways, anyone here who says this site scams, stay off. This is one of the better torrent sites I have found. I think they need to come up with a book called, "Torrents for dumbies". First line would be, torrents are freeeeeeeeeeee, don't be a dumbie like akilbride. Thank you.

• Nt
      Jan 28, 2010

I just checked out http://www.nowtorrents.com/ and it is a mask for inowdownload which is identical to nowdownloadall which is a fraudulent website.

So quit your insults and just accept that this is a very organized and sophisticated criminal enterprise. I have found websites that look legitimate saying how great these websites are which is very disconcerting because it is easy to be fooled by professional looking websites. The people doing this are obviously well funded by their scam and don't have to work regular jobs like us and therefore have all the time they need to make numerous websites that endorse their illegitimate websites.

• Da
      Sep 08, 2010

It is a well know fact, that the owners of these scam sites also post all the "good" reviews on other sites to get the scam site "noticed by the search engines and therefore receive more hits. You can not trust most of the reviews you read that say these sites are useful. You will even notice that the positive reviews tend to sound like they came from a PR script. When they want money up front, or even a credit card number, it's a scam.

• Bo
      Oct 27, 2010

I just had the exact same thing happen to me. I got the "access denied" message and had to register to supposedly get the download I wanted. I sent in an email to the support address and received a reply about how to download limewire. Limewire is being shut down today by the feds, and I didn't want it anyway! This was a complete ripoff.

Nov 12, 2010

its a rip off, anyone out there better watch out! keep from disclsing your credit card details thses guys cant wait to rob you. sorry if anyone has been scammed.