Now Hair Salon / Hair Loss

On August 28th 2009 I went to Now Hair Salon in Scranton PA to have my hair chemically relaxed for the second time. Upon leaving the salon my hair started to fall out exccessively! They refunded my money and did an "extreme makeover" mask on my hair which made no difference! I continue to loose more hair each day and they have not contacted me since to ensure that my hair is okay. They have blammed the excessive hair loss on something other than the product they used and the service provided. They have not helped me purchase a wig or contact the company of the product used. The owner of Now Hair made it seem like it was no big deal and that I was not loosing my hair even though I provided them with a plastic bag of hair that had fallen out that morning. I would not recommend going to this salon if you want to keep your hair!!!

Comments

• Fl
      2nd of Mar, 2010

I also went ot NOW Studio and did not have a very fulfilling experience. My familyand I went to NOW since they opened only to not be customers any longer. I had bad experiences with Kristine who does not listen to what you want all they do is what they want with your hair. The same thing happened to my son who has the simpliest cut in the world only to have it cut wrong twice in a row by a girl who I think just got out of school. Then when I called to make a compalint all I got were stylists who answered the telephone telling me that wasn't their concern and they would take a message and to no surprise no resolution.Finally 4 months later I get a woman by the name of Ann who says she is going to resolve this all I got was a phone call from Buddy the Manager offering a gift certificate what is that going to do I have already lost confidence in the business and I never heard from the owner not once she was in Fla. so they say and wouldn't be back for a month. She doesn't call in????? This has left me feeling less than satisified NOW just doesn't care about it's clients or making and resolves especially still til this day never heard from the owner. I would never run my business this way. This is a great way to lose clients.

• Ka
      1st of May, 2010

I AM STARTLED THAT NOW HAIR STUDIO COULD WARRANT A COMPLAINT FROM ANYONE. BUT WHAT BUSINESS, EVEN THE BEST, HAVE NOT HAD AT LEAST ONE BAD EXPERIENCE. I HAVE A BROTHER WHO WILL NOT RE-VISIT A RESTAURANT HE'S ENJOYED FOR DECADES BECAUSE HE HAD "ONE BAD MEAL!" NO ONE IS PERFECT.

I HAVE PATRONIZED THE SHOP SINCE IT OPENED AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT STELLAR RESULTS. MY COLOR, CUT AND STYLING IS AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN ANY MAJOR CITY I'VE VISITED. I FEEL VERY FORTUNATE THAT I CAN FIND THIS KIND OF EXCELLENCE AND STATE-OF-THE-ART PERFORMANCE SO CLOSE TO HOME.

AND I MUST ADD ABOVE AND BEYOND THE EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY OF SERVICES, THE STAFF IS KIND, ACCOMMODATING AND FUN TO BE WITH. I'VE LEFT SALONS IN THE PAST STRICTLY BECAUSE THE BACK-BITING AMONG STAFF WAS TOXIC.
    I COMPLIMENT NOW HAIR ON EVERY ASPECT OF THEIR OPERATION!

KAREN DEMPSEY