Nothgate Lending Group / MONEY SCAM

1 301 NW 63RD STREETOklahoma City, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-314-1956

Same scam... Different fool!! I completed an application on line for a personal loan. This company was to find a lender for those with not so perfect credit. I was contacted by shawn wilmont that i was approved for a personal loan. The agreement was for me to send via money gram a security amount to a private lender. So on 3/20/09 at 16: 07, the amount of $2, 140.00 was sent via money gram to leanne massey in london, ontario canada. Mr. Wilmont told me that my loan request would be deposited within 24 hours of me sending the money gram... It wasn't. When i contacted northgate back, on 3/23/09 a mr. Scott hill said that i needed to deposit an additional $1, 605.00 to this same leanne massey in order to secure this loan. I expressed my reservations about this, so he faxed me a letter signed by the ceo of the lending group, a mr. Patterson, who put in writing that our loan amount would be irrevocably guaranteed and it would be deposited within 3 business hours... It wasn't. I called mr. Scott back and he told me that the lender backed out at the last minute. When i requested my money back he told me that it couldn't be sent back for two weeks... The next billing cycle. On friday 3/10/09 my refund was to be deposited. After reading these recent complaints that sound just like mine, i know now i'm not getting my money back. My wife just brought me plenty of ky jelly home because i just got screwed. I have plenty more if any of you want your screw to be a little less painful.

Comments

• Le
      1st of Apr, 2009
    northgate lending group - scam
    northgate lending group
    Virginia

northgate lending group is nothing but a scam, they got me real good and now i am about tolose everything

• Gn
      1st of Apr, 2009

I was taken by them too...they operate out of oklahoma city, or thats what they presented to me. STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!!! TOTAL SCAM

• Wh
      2nd of Apr, 2009

I was wondering how did they scam you cause my boyfrind is about to work with them

• Ti
      3rd of Apr, 2009

Please, whatever you need the money for Don’t deal with this company. The will send you documents that look like their on the “up and up” but then ask you to send in money.

After you do everything they ask to insure the loan they will pack up and you’ll have no way to get your money back. That’s pretty much my story.

Beware…

• Pi
      6th of Apr, 2009

your right, these guys are ###!!! they take and take and don't produce. then indicate that you will get a refund of what you sent. never comes... they got me real good too. It is time to get them real good!!! Any thoughts about how to get them???????

• St
      7th of Apr, 2009

.At some point in time I applied for a loan online.I was first contacted on 3-19-09 by a supposed company named Norhtgate Lending located in Oklahoma City OK and was told by the supposed account rep Sean Wilmott that I was eligible for a$5000 loan payable in monthly installments of $155 for 3 years at a fixed interest rate of 7% but because of my credit info I would have to pay my first five installments=$775 as a security deposit that would be applied to my loan so I would not have to make a payment until 10-01-09 great deal I thought.So on 3-24-09 I intiated contact and recieved the loan contract via fax(#580-756-4312)I then signed the contract and returned along with copy of my ss card drivers liscence pay stub and deposit info.At this point I also wired my rent and grocery money away via moneygram to a Beverly McGovern in London Ontario Canada(that being the supposed location of primary lender which was not disclosed to me)to a local moneygram location in London Canada.As stated I was to recieve $5000 plus reimbursement for wire fees via direct deposit within 24hrs.On 3-25-09 I checked my account and of course the money was not there.So I got anxious and called and spoke with Sean Wilmott and I was told I would have to speak with Scott Hill at ext.631 before my funds could be released.I spoke with Scott Hill and he informed me that after further review of my application(which I thought was a done deal)there was a difference in info between my online app and my contract info and because of debt to income ratio and credit factors the lenders insurance company would require me to pay an additional 5 payments=$775 before funds could be released.At this point I had two options pay the additional $775(which was not an option)or cancel the contract.So I optted to cancel at this poin Scott Hill informed me that the $775 plus wire fees would be refunded to my account via direct deposit n April 10 2009.I knew at this time I had been scammed and did some research online about loan scams and found several cases similar to mine all based out of Canada.I will also report this to the Canadian authorities.Also in most of these cases victims never recieve their refunds.I think they told me 4-10-09 16 days after cancellation just to shut me up and relocate office disconnect number etc.. I did call them today 3-26-09 and the number still works.I feel really stupid about this but I thought the best thing I can do is report this immediately.I also understand their base of operations is most likely in Canada but I contacted you because of their US address.Please e-mail me that you recieved this complaint also if you have any info on money recovery or who to report to that would be muchly appreciated. Thank You

• Li
      7th of Apr, 2009

They got me too real good. I really would like to report them and I don't know where.

• Dm
      7th of Apr, 2009

I too was scammed by these guys, and would like too get them back, but, dont know where to start.

Nothgate Lending Group - pay-first loans
    Northgate Lending Group
    301 NW 63rd Street
    Oklahoma City
    Oklahoma
    Phone: 888-314-1956

I applied for a personal loan through the internet and later received a phone call from a company called Northgate Lending Group claiming they would be able to facilitate my loan but I would be required to pay the first six months payments up front. Their reasoning for this charge was, "so the lender can buy insurance against my loan incase I default." My person of contact goes by Paul Mason, and another by the name of Scott. I had a friend wire the money through MoneyGram on 03/17/2009 from a Wal-Mart in Parker, CO, to a person of contact in Calgary, Alberta by the name of Angela Walton. A reference number was generated and I then gave it to Paul Mason. Mr. Mason said that my application had been processed and that I could expect to receive the money into my bank account the following day (03/18/2009). On that day, I received a call from Scott saying there was a problem with the transaction and that they would need an additional four months payments for the lender to be able to borrow the insurance against my loan. I started thinking of the possability of a scam so I informed Scott that I would call him back at a later time. I did research and learned of this sort of scam. When I tried calling Scott back at the number which showed on my caller ID, I received a message stating that the number (973) 482-3624 "has been disconnected or is no longer in service...".

Some of my research has brought be upon a link describing this sort of practice step-for-step of what I have went through and says refund attempts are futile.

The link is of the Michigan Attourney General's Office website and follows:

http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0, 1607, 7-164-17278-147072--, 00.html

I have been scammed like many of you have been by Northgate Lending Group. I have filed a complaing with the Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, and Attorney General. I was told by the gentlemen(for lack of a more appropriate term) that I would receive my refund on April 13, 2009. I tried calling the phone number back today on April 07, 2009 but it seems to be disconnected. I'm nearly certain I won't receive my money. April 13, 2009 is also the last day in which Northgate Lending Group has to submit their version of their encounter with me to the Better Business Bureau. I will try letting you know how it goes.

• Hm
      8th of Apr, 2009

I was scamed out of 1550 with a promise of having a loan that never showed up. I was told that the money was the calteral for the loan and then they said that the lender pulled out of the loan at the last min. But I have not recieved a refund and now I can't contact them because the number has been disconected and there is no new nubmer. We are going to lose everything because of this scam I will never trust in a online company again.

• Re
      8th of Apr, 2009

WHEN I TRIED CALLING THE NUMBER FOR NORTHGATE, ALL I GOT WAS "GOODBYE". THAT'S ALL. GOOD THING I BELIEVE IN KARMA, BECAUSE THESE GUYS...AND GALS...ARE GONNA GET SCREWED TENFOLD...SOMEDAY...SOMEWHERE. I'LL MAKE SURE OF IT. REVENGEFUL TOM

• Ba
      5th of Aug, 2011

i to was scamed by these people now they are working out of arlington va

• Te
      17th of Aug, 2011

I was taken from these guys too. I was taken $800.00. I was to recieve my refund back on 8?28/2011. As I was looking at everybody complaints I noticed on the side of the screen scambook.com. I signed in there to leave a complaint about North gate. I will see what happens.