not given / Fraud Calling at Place of Employment

1 DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4152000265 i believe

I received a phone messge on my boss' vm yesterday 7/7/09, for myself to return a call to mr. hopkins or "good luck with your case". So working in a bank where privacy is a big issue. My boss immed. told me about gave me number. Went on break called this person back. Guy answered strong West Indian accent, wouldn't let me speak with Mr. Hopkins. Kept mummbling police coming to pick me up for court tomorrow from my job at 11am. Asked what it was for. He said is your social security ... birthdate... address...(was an old address)..new employer name and number to the main desk, not my office. So I immed. called police, social security, and 3 major credit bureaus. Put security freeze on the my social. The police officers completed a report, actually called this person himself and he had to bite his tongue. Very rude..I don't owe money to someone that told me he cannot send anything in writing due to fact I didn't sign a contract. Kinda scary has all my information and am being threatened with court dates.

Ma

Comments

• Sh
      8th of Jul, 2009

You did exactly the right thing. It sounds like you'll be able to handle the situation. Given they know you've contacted the police, you may never hear from them again. I doubt they'd take you to court if there's a chance you'd sue them instead.

• Re
      11th of Dec, 2015

On Thursday, December 10, 2015, a gentleman named Tony, with a foreign accent called my 11-year old son's cell phone, 919-418-5520, and made vulgar and explicit remarks to him about what he was going to do to his mommy. My son hung up on him. Tony called right back pretending to be a manager and spoke to my mother-in-law. He kept asking to speak to my son again which was not allowed. I am hoping you have recordings of these numbers/conversations and can find the person who did this. I want my son's phone number removed from all databases immediately! And, if this company is a reputable company, this Tony person should and would be fired immediately! Thank you, Kim Mitchell 919-868-7985