Norwich Union and Abbey National / Asbestos contamination

United Kingdom Review updated:
My insurers used contractors to remove ceilings and artex from walls who were negligent and contaminated my house my contents and me in asbestos. I have lost everything and because i was in asbestos dust for over 200 hrs i will live in fear of asbestos related disease. I am having to fight them every step of the way. 7mths on and still no end in sight.
Je

Comments

Je
  4th of Sep, 2008
Gl
  3rd of Oct, 2008
Heartless and deceitful. Wrecked lives and should pay the proportionate price...
Ro
  6th of Oct, 2008
what is being done?is this lady in a hotel how did norwich union help with her clothing is she safe being in contact with all that asbestos
has a report by norwich union been done?
is the local community been told
who is helping this lady ?
has the media been informed?
this lady sounds like she is in need of help urgently NOW
PLEASE REPLY BACK WITH ANSWERS TO THIS POOR WOMAN
Sr
  7th of Oct, 2008
With what is going on at this house is quite worrying for myself who is her neighbour Also why have we not been informed of the danger .My house is attached to the one involved so we have seen everything that has been taken out and distroyed so it must be serious, Why has know one knocked at our door as in our loft there are open bricks to next door, My heart goes out to my neighbour
Li
  12th of Oct, 2008
Having seen my auntie so hurt and distressed by loosing her whole life and home, how can any one be treated in this way it is so unfair. After months of slow progress she is still in dispair, and living without a permanent address and any of her belongings from the house she brought her family up in.
Li
  12th of Oct, 2008
Jenny is my sister, and she is distress and tears every day making phone call after phone call. There are men in protective clothing taking all of her belongings out of her home which she has no control over. How must she be feeling she has lost everything, my heart goes out to her. Lets just hope this is resolved very soon, and does not go on for months and months more, and she will have a house to live in and feel more secure.
Ol
  16th of Oct, 2008
I thought Norwich Union were a global reliable Company, how scary this is. I can't believe a Company is able to get away with something of this nature.

It just shows these insurance companies will happily take our money but they are not prepared to back us when things go wrong, why are they using shoddy contractors?

I hope you get something sorted VERY soon, but why should you have to keep battling go get your rights.

Good luck -----
Pa
  17th of Oct, 2008
This has got to be the worst story i have ever heard.We arn't just talking a damaged carpet here or a dent in a car. This lady will be living with this dreadful threat to her life for THE REST OF HER LIFE. Shameful doesn't cover it. Just what are they going to do about it and what have they done. All the money in the world wont make up for this but i hope this lady is paid a fortune in compensation, so if god forbid the worst does happen she will be able to afford the best medical care there is .Good luck to you
Le
  17th of Oct, 2008
This has got to be the complaint to end all complaints.How can the richest insurer in the country treat anybody this way? They all want naming and shaming.
Norwich Union "we make it easier"
Abbey National "Peace Of Mind "...What a joke !!
Lets hope this poor woman gets the help and attention she deserves..I wont hold my breath !!