norton.com / unsolicited renewal of antivirus!

417 Frazier StreetLewisburg, WV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 304 647 3579
I opened my credit statement and found I had been charged for a renewal that i had not requested. I will contact my card company and dispute this charge on my card!

Comments

Ma
  7th of Apr, 2008
I manually purchased Norton Internet Security o 2/08. for $49.99. The next week received an e-mail I would be automatically renewed to my credit card. Chatted on-line about 1.5 hrs. and was confirmed that would be stopped. The next week my card was charged $53.11 (diff. acct). Chatted 2 hrs. on-line and said I'd be reimbursed. They reimbursed my new acct. for the lower amt. Still getting notice my subscription is expiring, now 1 day left! I've been charged twice (they couldn't credit the right acct) and now I'm going to be without protection. Can't they get it right? Does anyone speak English that I can deal with? Sent an e-mail to Symantec last night. Got an e-mail I have to contact norton.com now...
Ba
  16th of Apr, 2008
We had the same thing happen to us. We purchased the 2007 antivirus & when I checked my credit card to see what we had on there, Norton had just charged our credit card with out our approval. What gives them the right to just do that? We had problems with our computer so the person that fixed it took this antivirus off & put a different one on. What would happen if you don't even have your computer anymore & they still charge you. It should not be allowed!

Norton Logo Norton