[Resolved] Norton / unethical behaviour

on 12-5-16 I called Norton Tech Support to get help with a Explorer issue. I called Norton because I have their Internet Security software and I couldn't access some security settings. The Tech looked at my computer and said there was nothing wrong with their software and told me that I needed help from Microsoft. He then proceeded to tell me that he could connect me with a certified Microsoft Tech and they would take care of my issue for $199.99. I told him no thanks and he kept after me to let "his" Tech help me and even tried to barter with me. I cancelled his session and contacted Microsoft Tech Support and they took care of my issue free of charge.
I don't appreciate the hard sell this Tech was trying on me. If I haven't had such good results with their software I would have cancelled my subscription. Actually I am still considering it.

• Resolution statement

• Norton Customer Care's Response, Dec 09, 2016

Sorry for the trouble. It seems like you have contacted a third party support claiming to be us. Our technicians do not have access to connect your call to Microsoft or any other support and they will definitely will not ask you to pay for technical support. You can find our right contact details here: www.norton.com/cs

Thanks