Norton - Symantec / unathorised credit card renewal charges

1 England, Surrey, United Kingdom Review updated:

Norton have automatically taken payment £68.04 from my credit card without my authorisation. They sate this is for antivirus software but I do not require this renewal and nolonger have the computer for which I originally purchased the software.

They are fraudulently using my original purchase deatils without my authority.

A similar charge was made to my Grandfather only last month by Norton, again for a renewal that was not required and a payment that was not authorised.

Norton (Symantec) do not reply to emails raising this issue.

It is a scam, and should be illegal. But Credit Card companies insist that you pay whilst they investigate.

Comments

• Em
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Hi Graham

It’s Emma from Symantec here, I wanted to explain what has happened with your auto-renewal payment.

When you originally subscribed to your Norton product, and registered for your Norton account, you would have left the Automatic Renewal feature enabled – this is why you have been charged with auto renewal.

Auto renewal is designed to offer our customers the conveinience of their Norton product subscription being automatically renewed at the end of the subscription period, rather than the customer having to remember to manually take action to stay protected.

Symantec will have emailed you 30 days before the payment went out and the renewal took place, letting you know the payment was due, and giving you the option to unsubscribe at that time.

Customers can also cancel their auto-renewals at any time through their Norton account. Automatic Renewal is featured as Norton’s On-going Protection, designed to make sure you are always protected from the latest threats.

If you do not want to continue with your renewed subscription, please do let me know on this forum and I will arrange for a refund and cancellation for you.

Best wishes
    Emma

• Do
      1st of Apr, 2010
    Norton - Symantec - double billing
    Delaware

I ordered antivirus coverage on my laptop on 2/8/10 for$49.99, It was taken out of my account at that time, on 3/8/10 another $39.99 was deducted from my account. What is this about?? Please rectify this problem. Thank You Please send reply to ellielynne@aol.com