Norton Standard 1 Device / norton standard 1 device

1 10 ravenscar avenueleeds, England, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

Hi

i recently bought the above 1 yr subscription because i was notified that my original subscription was running out by Norton, when i tried to put in the product code i was initially told via email that this was successful after my original end date with my Norton subscription i was told that i had to renew my subscription to which then i tried again to be told online that my request had an error, to which then i telephoned Norton and spoke to Kevin Jones at Norton case ref NTI845 i was told that my IP address had been conflicted by the WANNACRY virus and told about the NHS virus issues and how dangerous this virus was, ultimately if i needed to resolve the matter i would need to pay £149.00 to have this problem resolved, i disagreed strongly and made a complaint to Kevin about this . I then got in touch with my provider and explained the IP address concerns and they told me that i needed to reboot my comp if that didn't work come back to us and we may have to swap my box out for resolve. This made me very suspicious at Norton's response 1st why didn't Kevin have the awareness to explain such a simple request as a Reboot, and secondly even thou Kevin tried to explain it was my fault because of this virus, i did have virus protection ?, this has been a very surprising a mount of time to try fully resolve, i will consider your reply accordingly, ONGOING.

kind regards

Mr K R Salter

• Updated by Keith@123, Dec 02, 2018

Norton standard 1 device

• Updated by Keith@123, Dec 08, 2018

Hi Raj
    The tel no i phoned was picked from online 02038843557, the gents name was Kevin Jones sounded Asian extension 406 case ref NTI845 cost for removal of conflicted IP address£150.00, the fact i couldn't down load the product in the first place by your Norton Symantec security standard 1 device purchased product from Leeds crown point, and me subsequently needing to find a tel no to try rectify has made me wonder why don't you have a tel no on the product rather than people probably do what i did inquire online for someone to speak to to try sort it out quickly ?? and be liable if this is the case to fraud.

This has been a very stressful time for me i work away a lot with out comms connection, i feel my banking online may have been compromised and contacting such a large Organisation like Norton should be a lot simpler and definitely more secure not a good place for a security company to be viewed by many! seemingly even Norton could be easily copied in trading practices.

when replying could you please reply to my personal e mail

keithsalter@hotmail.co.uk

Very poor for a security company to be breached so obliviously like this if this is the case, sharing my experience on social media to high light such grave areas of concern will be my decision pending response from Norton.

Mr K R Salter

Ke
Dec 2, 2018

Comments

4th of Dec, 2018

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know to which number you dialed or called? There are some 3rd party service providers who pose to be Norton Support, but they are actually not affiliated with us. I suspect that you contacted one of those since they were trying to charge you. Our Support does not charge customers to help with Norton technical issues. If you still need any help, get in touch with our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs.

Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support

10th of Dec, 2018

Sorry, we do not have support over email. Like I said before, it was a third party support that you have contacted. Please get in touch with our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs for further help. Also, contact your bank and check if there is any fraudulent activity from this third party company.

Thanks