Norton 360 / liveupdate function problems

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I have now spent at least 20 hours trying to get the LiveUpdate function of Norton 360 software to work! At least 12 hours of this has been online with there so called 'analyst' when they have taken remote control of my computer,but still seem unable to get it to work.The rest of the time has been back and forth with emails to there support department.

It seems that they get a stage when they have tried all the standard solutions and then they just abandon you. You no longer here from them.

Has anybody out there had similar problems?

Comments

• Po
      5th of Nov, 2007

We purchased Norton 360 last month, and spent all weekend trying to get it to do live update. We lost count of how many times we removed and reinstalled it. Spent hours waiting for the help desk. Each time they eventually tell you to remove then restart the computer, so then you loose the link with the "assistant". I got so mad. After about 7 times they eventually put me through to a "senior assistant" who fiddled with the computer remotely and eventually told me that this would be referred to another department and someone would telephone me within 48 hours... the best bit is he said that this was a problem they had never ever encountered before. Well I am still waiting for a call (3 weeks now). They dont reply to emails. In fact we got an email from them saying they are pleased that they have been able to sort out the problem.??? Since then I have looked on line and found so many complaints about the same thing. It obviously is NOT a one off problem, and they should be brought to task on this.

• To
      7th of Nov, 2007

Norton 360 is a total mess! Tried repeatedly to get it to work and finally gave up. Tried to contact the fixer gang but was never able to make any connection. The final blow was they want $25 a minute or session to get help on the poor product.

• Ru
      4th of Dec, 2007

I've had N 360 for two months, and for two months the cpu has been sluggish, freezes at cpu 100% and live update works most of the time. This is the worst product from Norton I've ever had. Thought I was buying into company I trusted. All the help people sound like they are not of this country. Is symantac all based overseas? Used chat twice and the wait time was awful, got dropped twice and once the guy sounded like he was translating my question wrong.
    Am forgetting about my $79 and going back to PC Cillin...
    Really frustrating.

• St
      6th of Jan, 2008

i have just purchase norton 360 and have spent most of this weekend trying to get live update to complete.it keeps throwing up error message lu1866 which is that there is not enough disc space to take updates .as i have about 124gb of free space this is absolute nonsense,however it appears that one of their updates changes size while downloading to over 4100000 kb at this moment i am still waiting in nortons chatroom to speak to an advisor again.

• El
      16th of Jan, 2008

Bought Norton 360 last month and I am having lots of problems. Live update does not work. the support does not work. Blank pages come up or the instructions will be in Spanish or Asian, not English. I AM VERY SORRY THAT I UPGRADED TO 360 INSTEAD OF RENEWING NORTON SECURITY THAT I HAD BEFORE. DO NOT BUY 360. IT DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY!!!

• Bu
      25th of Jan, 2008

I hate it when the instructions are displayed in Asian! I mean, who came up with that language anyway? Nobody can understand Asian!

• Ki
      7th of Apr, 2008
    Norton 360 - Unnecessary charges!
    Norton
    Waipahu
    Hawaii
    Phone: 8086784000

I was into twenty somewhat days till expiration of my subscription so I signed to renew and when i received my bill it showed two charges $59.99 and a $62.69 i don't know what this is. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company.

• Ar
      16th of Apr, 2008

I was a big fun of Norton 360 but now I am the most disappointed as I am also getting the error message LU1866. Initially I beleived that I did not have enough disk space, but this is not true. Has anyone found a solution yet? I am thinking of moving to McAfee.

6th of May, 2008

I purchased an on line renewal of a 3 seat license for Norton 360 in January 2008 from Symantec Digital River. Last week I was told that it only had 16 days to run. There is no way to complain, it takes too long to sort out and quite frankly Symantec should sort it out without any inconvenience to it's customers. It won't however, and I believe this is a deliberatey configured bug to 'RIP PEOPLE OFF' as there is no easy recourse.

My advice is to follow my actions:

Purchase a copy of McAfee or another such credible Internet Protection software from PC world or similar, they often have offers. Ignore the reviews as they are all pretty much the same. Uninstall Norton and install the new software. Change every year and do not renew!! Call your card company and report the transaction date and the fact you have been ripped off. Symantec will get the message eventualy!!

• Br
      23rd of May, 2008

I can relate to all the above w.r.t. sluggish computers. I was happy to buy Norton 360 as I had three laptops at home that needed protection. Since the install, I had to reinstall on one computer (tech support did it successfully remotely ... took about 3 hrs.), but ALL three computers have slowed down. LuCallback apparently kicks off every 2 hrs. and brings the machines to above 80% utilization. Even my wife is complaining about the problem, and she's a casual user.

Am ready to ditch the software, consider the $79 an exercise in futility and lessons learned.

Ughhhhhh

• Yu
      7th of Jun, 2008

my norton 360 support section doesnt work...anyone knows what the solution is.?.. pls i need help on this.. when i open the support section, it just shows a blank page and i cannot find the part they said to click... " begin support session" coz all i see is a blank page... =.=! plss help me on this..

• Me
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I have nothing but issues since installing Nortons 360. First it wouldnt allow me access to my Corel Photshop program, now it will not allow me to even open my web browser. When i open my inter-net explorer it shows a page stating "can not display this page".. THis happens to ALL sites i got to whether it be my yahoo account or my sisters myspace. I am sick of this. This product has wrecked my system and i have only had my laptop of 14 months. I will be seeking help from nortons tech support and if they try to "charge me to fix what they broke", I will be seeking legal counsel and filinf suit. This has to stop and the company must be held accountable for it. If anyone would like to join me on this please feel free to email me at asylum_79@yahoo.com.. I am still able to get into my email when I go to campus for my classes. Thank you for your time.

• Ke
      15th of Jul, 2008

I thought McAfee customer support was bad, but they are nothing to this Symantec bunch, installed norton 360 on my ex's computer for her and it is absolutely c**p, first day she got a trojan and I had to turn to Paretologic for help to remove it. The intrusion protection has now packed up and there's no where to download a repair, the ccSvcHst keeps hogging the broadband, generally I'm going to stick with McAfee and learn Asian so I can speak to the support people.

• Sn
      19th of Jul, 2008

Norton 360 version 2 is crapware! I fully agree. I have had multiple problems running the software, updating the software and also cant run the remote chat utility. i connected another computer so i could chat and spent over 60 hours trying to get the thing to work. The problems were so bad i tried to uninstall but even that was a huge problem even though I used their uninstall utility. I get multiple popups telling me i have corrupt files, my registry is a mess and my computer runs like a dog. My advice is to stay awy from this buggy product. I will now have to do a complete format and reinstall of my computer thanks to Nortons 360.

10th of Oct, 2008
    Norton 360 - virus
    san pe
    California
    Phone: 3108336078

I bought norton 360 and downloaded it from the internet and did not recieve a copy of a disc, but instead recieved a hick of a lot of problems. Like my disc drive for my cd tray kept opening and shutting constantly for hours until I had to shut it down. Finally I figure how to stop it, but now my screen is flickering lines and it fade out to white. I think, No, I know I have a virus in my computer now. I thought this was suppose to protect my computer, not ruin it. I want my money back, I much rather go to a computer store and buy the disc then to have to download it off the internet for you. How are you going to deal with this situation?

• Gl
      14th of Nov, 2008
    Norton 360 - Problems since purchase

I have had troubles with auto backup and scheduled scans since I purchased this Norton software. I have gone on-line to support technician several times and they wanted to remote access my computer. Each time it has failed to establish a remote connection. Each time the session is ended without any solutions. I would like the disk copy of this Norton product so I can uninstall the online version I got when I purchased and reinstall it from the cd.

Daytime phone 951-360-3296

Thank you.

• Ro
      16th of Nov, 2008

I'm unable to activate my product key, why?

• Je
      15th of Mar, 2009

I have a virus in my computer, I would like to know if you can get rid of it and how much it would cost.
    email me at JNICKSOCAL2007@YAHOO.COM or call me at 714-921-9991
    Thank You, Jerry Nicholls.

• Dh
      18th of Mar, 2009

norton 360 never again, complete 100% garbage

• Ka
      25th of Feb, 2010

I have had Norton 360 for about two months now and it is a piece of crap. It slows the computer down, does not pick up Trojans, virus, or worms. It will though pickup low value cookies, but that is not what a security program is suppose to do. Since I have had this program my computer has frozen up twice due to it as it sucks so much of the 2 gb memory I have.

I have spent over three hours online with support and only in one instance did they temporarily correct the problem of Norton 360 not start on turning the computer on. They do not seem to be concerned with the fact that other security programs I have pick up Trojans and that Norton 360 does not., they only want to sell their Virus Removal Service and their Bundle Service pack to remove the virus, Trojan or worm that Norton 360 let in without catching. What a business model is that?