Norton 360 Antivirus / completely wrecked my computer!

United Kingdom Review updated:
I bought this as a download but could not install it. Norton help desk (including their 360 expert) spent a total of about 5 hours on 3 occasions trying to fix it. This was done with them controlling my computer. The last person completely wrecked my computer by deleting most of the registry and not being able to carry out a system restore (he also deleted all restore points) or a registry reload (the backup was corrupted). Norton management are not interested in my problem. On the good side though I now know how to get everlasting subscriptions to Norton AV without paying for them. Being a computer & lots of time and trouble down, I'm not sure this is a fair swap but if you want to share my knowledge...

A  30th of Aug, 2007 by
I now absolutely hate Norton 360. This is my third time trying to get help from them. My subscription ran out about 3 weeks ago so I renewed and upgraded. The last 4 days I have been on line with analysts for over 8 hours. They did get rid of 1 trojan but it cost me $100. I was on line over 5 hours today. I was in tears. I had 4 analysts trying to help me. Nobody could fix the problem. My Norton icon disappeared and nothing was working . I had absolutely no protection. I am disgusted. Wish I could get my money back. They told me uninstall then reinstall. They didn't recognize my e-mail address. they didn't recognize my product key, etc., etc., etc. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. YOU WILL FOREVER BE SORRY. They would not answer my questions. They would not tell me who to make a complaint to. They had complete control over my computer for hours and did all sorts of things to it. Even after I disconnected from the last analyst, a few hours later, somebody was still controlling my computer. I could see the arrow key moving all over the screen and changing things. This is just wrong! After originally downloading Norton360, within a week I had a trojan virus. Why? Because Norton 360 does not protect your computer. They would not fix it for me until I agreed to pay $100. NEVER AGAIN SYMANTEC. I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER COMPANY.

Norton Logo Norton