Northwest Airlines / Flight booking fraud

Flint, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8102350148
Special Alert! Don't ever create a "saved itinerary" for Northwest Airlines that allows you to save a flight for possible future booking. I did this and after 90 days, when I had long forgot about the "saved itinerary, " Northwest automatically booked the ticket without my approval and charged my account. When I tried to get a refund or even a credit, I was denied -- even though I never agreed to purchase the ticket, never clicked the "purchase" key and wasn't even near my computer the day the ticket was billed to my charge card. An employee verified that it was a flaw of the system that "sometimes happens." Still, this is out and out fraud. Could someone please look into this? It is a way for Northwest to get paid for tickets that will never be used. My husband was literally on his deathbed when Northwest's system automatically purchased the ticket for me. There was no way I would have planned a trip with him being so ill. So, in addition to dealing with my husband's premature death at 51, I had to deal with Northwest staff who got indignent when I suggested that the airline's computer system had a major glitch. I politely requested a refund or credit, but got neither. Now that my husband's funeral is over and I have taken care of legal matter related to his death, I am trying to attend to this matter. Can I get any help from a reporter or consumer watch group? The public needs to know that they are vulnerable when using Northwest's "saved itinerary" system. Thank you.
Ma

Comments

Hi
  3rd of Jun, 2016

Northwest Airlines - Missing items
Northwest Airlines
nwa.com

I was traveling on-board Northwest flights from Newark-Liberty I'tl to Delhi via Amsterdam last Tuesday, and checked in two duly locked bags at the origin. When I collected my baggage at Delhi, I observed that the locks on one of the bags was missing. Upon checking I found that an Apple iPod Touch and a Sony PlayStation Portable were missing from the bag. Subsequently, I went to the airline's office at the airport and they gave me the email/phone numbers to call. I duly did so but am unable to get justifiable response.

The airline says that I should not keep electronics items in the checked in bags as they are valuable. I am confused by their response as a piece of clothing (from a designer like Chanel etc) could be multiple times more valuable than an electronics item. This is speaking solely in monetary terms. An item that might be deemed worthless monetarily might have immense emotional value to the traveler. Therefore, this whole premise of valuables raised by Northwest Airlines/Delta comes across as illogical to me.

I checked in my baggage with them at Newark and it is their responsibility to ensure the safety of my baggage. After a week of haggling with them, all I have got back from them is that it was my mistake to put valuables in my checked in baggage. This to me is customer service at its worst. They have no idea how much emotional loss this whole episode has caused me as those stolen items were meant to be gifts for my loved ones. I am just hoping to get compensated for my monetary loss. Right now I feel as if Northwest/Delta have robbed me and also charged me hard-earned US $ for the same.

I am seeking everyone's opinion as to what business forums to approach or file a lawsuit so that Northwest/Delta accept their mistake in mishandling my baggage and compensate me appropriately.