Northwest Airlines / incompetence and neglect

Philippines Review updated:

I had a terrible experience with Northwest Airlines. This is my first time to fly to US and NWA for that matter. From day 1 the agents in Manila cannot get us a good flight to North Carolina and we ended up flying to DC. We drove from DC to NC then. My husband requested a vegetarian meal and it was confirmed by one of the agents but ended up with no vegetarian meal but scrap fruits from the first class cabin. But we let that pass but have been noted by the airline crew. We arrived and 6 weeks later more or less we need to get back on our supposed scheduled flight Dec 1. We called and talked to a certain guy called martin or michael and he was not so nice and said we didn't have the booking. I got confused and terribly frustrated at the negligence in the part of the booker in manila and now we have to pay the price of a penalty fee by re-booking for a later flight which i made online for dec 3. So desperate i had collapsed in a hotel's bathroom, paramedics came, I had fever, it made me so sick, the travel, several talks from NWA people some nice some weren't and most trying to be nice as calls are recorded. It ended, we missed the flight, my 3-year old son and husband. I have work to do in Manila very urgently. They couldn't get us to a flight, but they were able to book all other clients in the supposed available flights from the time i had to re-schedule from Dec 3. The online reservation was locked and i couldn't access. Several call, emails. NO HELP. It's been such a traumatic trip. And now have to pay for an upgrade just to get us to Hawaii at least and get a flight from there. It's crazy. Northwest got us literally stuck in US. On top of that, my son's passport is expiring on this month.

Comments

Ly
  14th of Jun, 2009
Northwest AGAIN>>>>>>Had to pay $15.00 for 1 piece of luggage. I traveled to Houston, Texas for Christmas at my son's.. Had to pay $40.00, for 2 pieces of luggage to return home. When I arrived and bagan un-packing my luggage, I noted several items destroyed. I called Northwest, and was told it was up to me the way it was packed.. DUH!!! But luggage had been opened. I contacted TSA, and they are working on this complaint..
Wa
  14th of Jun, 2009
I have been flying Northwest Airlines for some 15 years and about 3 million miles. I travel to the Philippines, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, all of South East Asia------and I can tell you that their record with me has been superior-and I do mean SUPERIOR---I have had troubles with the Philippine office of NWA------but they were the cause-and I did not double check---same with Japan------but when I call NWA in the States----and have----they take charge and have solved every problem I have been faced with over the 15 years. Traveling is complicated --especially international--and one must make sure by double checking and some times more-------But for me
Northwest Airlines id the best -internationally and domestic.

Walter Zahlmann