Northwest Airlines / Fraudulent Website

My fiance and I have been planning our trip to Hawaii for our wedding. We live in Japan. We were excited to realize that we had enough miles to fly for free (almost) to Hawaii as our wedding budget is quite limited (believe it or not, Hawaii is the cheap option, not the luxury option, as it's in the middle for family from the U.S. and Japan, and Japanese weddings are incredibly overpriced).

We thought that we should maybe hurry to get tickets, because we know that the availability of flights with miles can disappear as the date gets closer. We were waiting for some other arrangements to be made, however. To be safe, we consistently checked the NWA website- nwa.com for the dates and miles of our travel. We have a little over 100, 000 miles between the two of us, saved up over time. We kept checking and saw that there were still a couple flights available for 20, 000 miles each way (2 people x 20, 000 miles x 2 ways, roundtrip = 80, 000 miles, no problem).

Then, yesterday, we went to book our trip. My fiance was excited to see that we could ride business class on the way back for only 30, 000 miles. For both of us, that would total 100, 000 miles. We have just enough. So we go to book our trips last night, her first. She gets to the point where she expects to be able to book her trip for 50, 000 miles, but it says it will cost her 135, 000 miles! She thought she made a mistake, so she tried again, but same problem. I thought it might just be a problem with their site and/or her login, as we've both had problems in the past with it not recognizing our login.
So, I tried it with my account and had the same problem. I tried several different choices, to try to figure out the problem. I realized that if I tried to choose 40, 000 miles and 60, 000 miles flying on a NWA flight, it wouldn't let me as I only have 50, 000 miles in my own account. When I chose 20, 000 and 20, 000 for the outbound and return trips on Korean Air (a NWA partner), it allowed me to continue, but when I was at the point of continuing to purchase, it said that the 20, 000 miles plus 20, 000 miles choice was a total of 110, 000 miles. What? Why?
I thought this might be a Korean Air problem, so I went to http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/earn/air_partner.shtml#korean to read about the Korean Air partnership- not clear at all to me. Maybe I'm just stupider than the average person.
I emailed them about the problem, asking how 20, 000 and 20, 000 makes 110, 000 miles. I got a long email in response, none of which explained why I couldn't book the flight for 40, 000 miles as the website allowed up to a certain point. The email told me that certain destinations during certain time periods are too busy. It said that 20, 000 mile trips are not available for when and where I want to travel. Then it ended with "I trust this has answered your question". I went back to the site, and again saw that I could still select a 20, 000 mile trip each way with Korean Air via NWA.com. The email did not address the mileage discrepancy of 20, 000 + 20, 000 = 100, 000.

I decided to call (sorry you don't have to read all of this, as I'm primarily using this to document my complaint publicly).

Call 1:
I called NWA reservations at [protected]. I requested them to show me how to reserve online (since the previous customer service response did not address my problem, I wanted them to see the problem I was encountering). They said they didn't deal with online reservations, so they transferred me to Internet Support.
There, I talked with "Mike". He walked me through the reservation process and when we got to the reservation screen that I had previously used, I told him that I wanted to select the 20, 000 mile trip with Korean Air. He was obviously aware of the problem, as he quickly told me that Korean Air "Perk Saver" flights are actually 55, 000 miles, even though the website says "20, 000". I said that the site lets me select 20, 000 twice, even though I only have 50, 000 miles. He said he understands the problem, but the NWA site always shows 20, 000 miles for "Perk Saver", even though it's 50, 000 miles. So I asked him why NWA lies about the mileage needed for the flight. He said that it's not a lie, just a computer error (that they are aware of). I asked him who was at fault and who would take responsibility for the fraudulent claims on the website. He said that it was not Korean Air's fault. He said I could submit a request to the web team, but they don't take any responsibility for the problem of my reserving tickets. He suggested I talk to a reservations supervisor, as they could "probably" help me get 2 tickets for 40, 000 miles each, as advertised.
He transferred me... 5 minute silent wait... music... survey... finished. No transfer. He was actually quite polite and the only person to give me accurate information and recognize the problem.

Call 2:
Since I got cut off from the transfer and wasn't sure where to call, I called NWA support: [protected]. I explained them the problem of not being able to purchase a ticket with my miles, even though I had more than 40, 000. They said they can't access worldperks accounts, so they transferred me to the "WorldPerks Center".
There I spoke with Karen. She was polite, like "Mike", and the others. I explained the problem. She admitted the problem with the site. I told her I didn't see the problem as my personal problem, but expected to be able to purchase the tickets for the advertised cost (20, 000 miles each way). She said she would transfer me to a supervisor.
Reservations Supervisor: Sue Fitzgerald.
I explained the problem to Ms. Fitzgerald, expressing the fact that we would have purchased the tickets much sooner if we had known the Korean Air choices were not actually available in the way the website promised. Now it was too late; there were no more "Perk Saver" tickets available for that flight. I said that I expected Northwest Airlines to take responsibility for their content on the website.
She asked me where I saw the Korean Air mileage for 20, 000. I began to tell her how I searched, but she cut me off. She proceeded to read to me from a webpage (I should have listened closer as I would have had better information, but I was getting upset about being cut off). Then she said something like, "I'm looking at the website, and I don't see any problem". Now I started to get angry. She didn't let me tell her where I encountered the problem, and then she claims that there is no problem. I said that she didn't see it because she didn't listen to where I had the problem. She then listened and went with me through the reservation process. She said that I couldn't expect it to me 20, 000 (even though that's what it says), because it's actually 60, 000. Then she said I should have seen the "110, 000 miles" before purchase. I said that I did, but that the website we were looking at showed 20, 000 plus 20, 000 equals 110, 000. She wouldn't admit any problem, but said that if I wanted to talk to the website service to complain about the discrepancy, she could transfer me (is it my responsibility to fix their website? Will they pay me a salary for monitoring their website?). I said that I already talked to them and that they said I could probably get 2 tickets as they are advertised. She said she didn't know any supervisor who would do such a thing. She told me that if I wanted to make a complaint, I could call another number. I said that I was tired of being transferred, and wanted the tickets as advertised because this is obvious fraud. She threatened to hang up on me. I said give me the number first. The customer Complaint Center is currently closed.
How could Northwest Airlines allow such wasteful systems to continue in their company? No wonder they were bought out by Delta. Or maybe these problems exist because of Delta. I don't know. I don't blame anyone personally, even the less polite Ms. Fitzgerald, because I understand that they probably don't control the system. It seems that this is not the first time they've dealt with the problem, and yet it continues with the supervisors trying to cover the problem by blaming it on the customer (I was told that I did not go through the purchase process correctly).

Here is my simple problem:
We have had available miles for about 6 months. We would have purchased tickets earlier if NWA.com did not claim that 20, 000 mile trips are still available (even now). We are unable to purchase tickets at NW Airlines as they are advertised. This is fraud. NWA admits that the website is incorrect and they know about it. They refuse to honor the price listed on their site. Because we trusted the site, we no longer have the means to purchase tickets for our own wedding as planned. Although recognizing the problem, no one at NWA took responsibility for fixing the problem.

Tomorrow, I will call their complaint center to see if I can get this resolved- I expect 2 tickets as advertised on the site. Perhaps more to come...

Br

Comments

• Nw
      26th of Mar, 2009

I too have experienced NWA's website to be inaccurate.

I am not certain how they are able to continue with false information distributed to the customers as a company. The worst part is they do not care.

It is completely about making money and is extremely evident that NWA is hurting and is doing all they can to make the customer pay.

• Na
      29th of Apr, 2009

I hope they get a class action suit on these things like this. This is total and complete FRAUD! They are schmucks and deserve to go out of business lying like this. They should honor the award chart and not doctor it up at the last minute. I am going through this right now and I Googled "nwa awards scam" and this website popped up. Sad that they have reduced themselves to this. I am trying to book to Costa Rica and having the same issues. This is a ### airline and Delta will be no better after their merger.
    Nate in Michigan. nateg71@gmail.com

• Kr
      27th of Jul, 2009

I am having problems with them also. I linked my new Delta account with my worldperks account online a couple of months ago with no problem. I was assured that I could move miles between the two freely at anytime until the two companies merge. 45 Days ago I tried to move Delta Skymiles to my worldperks account for a trip. The website would not allow it and said that the "accounts are already merged." After several go arounds, they game me an NWA Issue number and said they would check on the problem. I never heard a word from them, so I called back two days ago. The Agent did not even know what an Issue Number was. I started at ground zero yet again, and she transferred me to Delta. I started over with them, and this agent tells me that my name and address do not match perfectly on each account and that is the problem. I guess the fact that the accounts are already merged and that they just sent my Skymiles Card to my correct address has nothing to do with proving her conclusion as groundless. The next day I sent a snail mail to Corporate. They say "Customer First" right? I am attempting to change the middle initial on my name and re-update an address they already have, but it appears to me that they just do not want to help me with this. They want me to wait until the companies merge and let some people's miles expire in the process. Anyone know a good lawyer? I think a Class Action suit is on the way. And yes, I'm still waiting Skymiles/Worldperks.

• Kr
      28th of Jul, 2009

Wanted to follow up and say a few good things about Worldperks and Skymiles. After some careful study on the problem above, I discovered that American Express was actually the culprit in the problem. When I took a new card with bonus flight miles, they assigned me a new Skymiles number without my knowledge. No one at Delta or Northwest was able to pick up on this, but once I found the problem, they were very helpful. A supervisor spoke with me for a good while and helped to resolve the problem. It appears that I am not the only person this has happened to. In short, I linked my old Delta account to Worldperks, and when AMEX gave me a new Delta number, I could not link that account to worldperks (my other account had already been linked.) So, after about 8 phone calls, one fax, several on-line e-mails, some bad advice from service reps, and some e-mail detective work, the problem appears to be solved. A clue for you if you share the same problem, you will get duplicate e-mails from Delta. Again thanks to Skymiles supervisor for all the great help correcting this. She more than made up for the others.

• Mi
      13th of Aug, 2009

I would be interested in joining a class action suit. We planned our trip to Hawaii in advance and
    saw the internet number for the miles and called to do the tickets to be informed the data was wrong and our tickets would be 210 000 for the three rt tickets. There was nothing to do but to take the loss because
    this was the promised 21st birthday for our daughter before returning to college and my 65 birthday
    same month and the celebration of the success of my cancer surgery. We were ripped off and due to the promised event we had to take it. Please contact us if there is a class action. We will join the action.

• Ih
      3rd of Sep, 2009

Northwest airlines is the worst airlines I have ever flew. They changed my flight and didn't notify me at all, changing my flight from night flight to a noon flight. When I called them because I was checking in online and realized I was booked on BOTH flights (the night and the noon one) the supervisor promptly told me "NWA doesn't make mistakes and it's actually most likely your fault."

I will never be flying Northwest again. Their customer service and support is nonexistent and a disgrace.

• As
      19th of Jan, 2010
    Northwest Airlines - Stay away
    nwa.com

Special Alert! Don't ever create a "saved itinerary" for Northwest Airlines that allows you to save a flight for possible future booking. I did this and after 90 days, when I had long forgot about the "saved itinerary, " Northwest automatically booked the ticket without my approval and charged my account. When I tried to get a refund or even a credit, I was denied -- even though I never agreed to purchase the ticket, never clicked the "purchase" key and wasn't even near my computer the day the ticket was billed to my charge card. An employee verified that it was a flaw of the system that "sometimes happens." Still, this is out and out fraud. Could someone please look into this? It is a way for Northwest to get paid for tickets that will never be used. My husband was literally on his deathbed when Northwest's system automatically purchased the ticket for me. There was no way I would have planned a trip with him being so ill. So, in addition to dealing with my husband's premature death at 51, I had to deal with Northwest staff who got indignent when I suggested that the airline's computer system had a major glitch. I politely requested a refund or credit, but got neither. Now that my husband's funeral is over and I have taken care of legal matter related to his death, I am trying to attend to this matter. Can I get any help from a reporter or consumer watch group? The public needs to know that they are vulnerable when using Northwest's "saved itinerary" system.

• Sh
      28th of Feb, 2011
    Northwest Airlines - Rude Service
    Northwest Airlines

I am writing with disappointment with your airline. My son and I left COS to fly to BWI on March 25th. The night before it did snow and I understand about weather and how you have no control but other things NWA does have contriol over. The fligh crew was late to the airport which was making the flight late. Then with all of the snow and ice, they had to de-ice the plane which took over 45 mintues to do. I get de-icing the plane what I do not understand is why it took so long since one plane was ahead of us who was almost done when we got there. Then the flight took longer then it should have and even the flight attendant commented on how late we were so many people on the flight were going to miss thier connections. The worst part was when we arrived into MSP to change flights there was NO GROUND crew for about 15 minutes. We had to sit in the plane and wait. When we finally got off the plane we both ran to the other gate (on the other side of the airport) and one of the rep's stated: "What did you want us to do what for 5 you who were late to hold the plane." She then walked away. I was mad at this point. I asked how long before we would catch the next plane from MSP to BWI. The rep had to fly us to Memphis then to BWI. I am unsure why the crew and agency of NWA is so disorganzed and nasty to the consumers.
    While the weather is not under your control, the crew being late to the airport is. I live far north from COS where the weather is always worst then down at COS so that can not be the excuse. Then waiting so long for the de-icing, no crew at MSP when we arrived and the rudeness of the rep's. I work as a school counselor and understand having to deal with difficult people ( I do it everyday like your company). Not everyone is mean ( I was nice until the rep in MSP was so mean). There is a way to treat people who are trying to make a connection flight. Not that NWA cares but I was trying to see my husband who is currently stationed in the DC area due to being active duty Army for the last 20 years. He has not lived at home for over 3 years do to the war in the Middle East. But I still manage to understand what is happening not only with me but others
    What do I want, I would love to ask for a refund for our flight on March 25th but I know that will not happen. I am hoping that your company would take some training on customer service. Maybe give them an in-service with: Who Moved My Cheese. High 5! The Magic of Working Together. The Last Lecture. FISH! A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results. How Full is your Bucket? Strategies for Work and Life. These are just a few of the books that I not only use with the staff at our school but our students and parents. Flave them just think what it would be like to be in the consumers place.
    I am hoping to get a response either by email or by a letter in the mail.

• Ca
      28th of Feb, 2011
    Northwest Airlines - No seat assignment-rude gate staff
    Northwest Airlines

I flew from Alaska to Alabama in June 2008 with my two year old. We had to take three flights. WHen I booked online, there weren't two seats together on one of the flights. I ended up with a seat assignment online for myself, but none for my son. When I got to the Anchorage airport, I asked for them to assign us seats together. She said she couldn't do it because I had a seat assignment for one of us and that I would have to get it taken care of in the second airport just before that particular flight. I said that I had less than an hour to change planes, change my son's diaper, and find food for him in the airport as we started flying at 1am. She still wouldn't fix it. So, I arrive in the second airport, run to the other gate and wait in line for for gate staff to arrive. Then I tell them the problem and ask for seats together. She says they are full and will have to wait until just before boarding to see what she can do but can't guarantee anything. They start the boarding process and then she finally calls me back up to the counter and gives me two different rows that are close to each other. I said that wouldn't work, that my son was two and couldn't sit by himself. She replied that she couldn't do anything about it. I asked what I was supposed to do. Her exact words were, "Get on the plane and beg."

I boarded the plane and told the flight attendants at the door the problem. They said, no problem, just sit together at one of our assigned seats and ask whoever came for the second seat to move. If there was a problem, let them know. I did that and the person was willing to move b/c she got an aisle instead of middle seat out of the deal.

I will NEVER fly Northwest (and now Delta) ever again. Plane reservation systems should automatically fix any seat issue when you book online with a child traveling. The system should detect the child passenger and ensure that the child is seated with the parent. Its that simple.

• Di
    Northwest Airlines - Delta has lost my business for ever
    delta.com

This review is for the new owner of Northwest airlines. I have a case where my wife flew to California to visit sisters, one sister was having some medical issues. Unfortunately her youngest sister died two days before returning home. She called delta and explained the circumstances, that she needed to change her return flight by one week so she could be there for the funeral. She gave them the name of her sister, the hospital where she passed away at, and the name of the funeral home.

The representative told her that it was there policy, that any changes to the original ticket, that there was an additional charges of over $250.00. I can remember when airlines had a heart and as long as the information could be verified there was no extra charge and would do what was necessary to not add additional stress to an already a very stressful circumstance. I when to delta’s website and contacted them via there email, that was on Sunday 4/19/09, I addressed my concerns and asked for an explanation why there was an additional charger for an unusual occurrence. That it was not planned, who can plan a death, and all of the information was furnished to there representative to be verified. Today is Wednesday 4/23/09 and they haven’t had the courtesy to even reply back.

They need to learn how to treat there customers and at a minimum reply back to my concerns. Because of there action or should I say lack of action, I will need to rate this airline with a negative 4. I guess being the biggest makes you care less about customer service.

Delta has lost my business for ever and will recommend that our employees find another carrier to meet our traveling needs. Delta may have made a few dollars but will lose allot more (loyal customers).

• Fa
      16th of Jun, 2016
    Northwest Airlines - I feel as if Northwest/Delta have robbed me and also charged me hard-earned US $ for the same
    delta.com

I was traveling on-board Northwest flights from Newark-Liberty I'tl to Delhi via Amsterdam last Tuesday, and checked in two duly locked bags at the origin. When I collected my baggage at Delhi, I observed that the locks on one of the bags was missing. Upon checking I found that an Apple iPod Touch and a Sony PlayStation Portable were missing from the bag. Subsequently, I went to the airline's office at the airport and they gave me the email/phone numbers to call. I duly did so but am unable to get justifiable response.

The airline says that I should not keep electronics items in the checked in bags as they are valuable. I am confused by their response as a piece of clothing (from a designer like Chanel etc) could be multiple times more valuable than an electronics item. This is speaking solely in monetary terms. An item that might be deemed worthless monetarily might have immense emotional value to the traveler. Therefore, this whole premise of valuables raised by Northwest Airlines /Delta comes across as illogical to me.

I checked in my baggage with them at Newark and it is their responsibility to ensure the safety of my baggage. After a week of haggling with them, all I have got back from them is that it was my mistake to put valuables in my checked in baggage. This to me is customer service at its worst. They have no idea how much emotional loss this whole episode has caused me as those stolen items were meant to be gifts for my loved ones. I am just hoping to get compensated for my monetary loss. Right now I feel as if Northwest/Delta have robbed me and also charged me hard-earned US $ for the same.

I am seeking everyone's opinion as to what business forums to approach or file a lawsuit so that Northwest/Delta accept their mistake in mishandling my baggage and compensate me appropriately.

• Tr
    Northwest Airlines - Will never fly NWA again
    delta.com

We flew NWA on our honeymoon to Hawaii. Our return connecting flight was delayed five hours, with no explanation. They kept switching gates on us and not making an announcement. If we hadn't gone to doublecheck, we would have missed our flight when it FINALLY took off. We had been on a red-eye flight from Maui to Salt Lake City, Utah for six hours and gotten a total of two hours sleep. Then we get off the plane, thinking we'll be getting right on our connecting flight, only to find it delayed. Every half hour, they would add another hours delay, with NO explanation. The staff at the airport were TERRIBLE. No one was helpful, in fact, half the time there wasn't even anyone up at the desk to get help from. After contacting NWA through email, (there are no live agents to help you when you want to request a refund), NWA credited us $100 to use only on their website, NWA.com, and valid for one year. I felt this was unacceptable. We always book through a travel agent for a package deal, which would make this credit invalid. So if we use the credit, we would end up paying more for the plane tickets than if we book for the package deal. I tried to work something out with them through email, but I only got automated messages after that first email. I am very unhappy with NWA customer service. I realize delays happen and would have been fine with it if the staff had been at all accomodating and helpful. Will never fly NWA again.

• La
    Northwest Airlines - Rude staff
    Northwest Airlines

Hi i need your help please tell me this country is not so 9-11 scared that a soldier can not get home for his grandfathers funeral. My husband was informed today that there unit in WA is on alert for iraq.This will be his second tour.He gets a phone call not an hour later that his grandfather has passed away in arkansas. So now he has the stress from iraq and the death to bear and he has fallen apart fom it all.I remembered that we had a round trip ticket purchased for my step daughter and she ended up not using half her round trip ticket. The airline told us at the time we cancelled they would give us the credit back to use later.We cancelled her flight in august. I call the airline tonight and talk with the assistant and she states the airline is sorry that they can't give us the credit we were told we would have and that even though he purchased the ticket for a minor on his card he can't recieve a refund . I advised the clerk i would like to speak with a manager as i can't believe under these circumstances they would be unwilling to help him get home to his family before being shipped to iraq.I ask to speak with a managerexplain our whole story and ask if there is any way we can get some type of help with this. She apologizes for our misfortune and then proceedes to tell me that we had got a good deal on the round trip ticket we bought back in june and if anything we should owe them 100.00 and should just be greatfull we saved money on his daughters ticket.She states it it not her fault that it's all beacuse of 9-11.At a time where someone should be understnading she goes above and beyond to be not only condesing but downright insulting.I advised her i couldn't deal with her and i needed to hang up.
    Not only am i appaled but i am heartbroken as i have to climb these stairs and look at my husband sitting in the dark, because he wants to see his poppas face one more time.I have to explain to him the airline has no intrest in honoring his air fare credit and would only help us if we could pay full price for a ticket. i have been sitting here stalling for 30 minutes gathering the courage to tell him.

I have never in my life been treated with such disregard and this will forever be stuck in my memory that NWA employees could care less about my grief and need to get my husband home to bury his grandfather before he has to go back for a second time to protect this country and her and put his life on the line, and oh yes we should be gratefull in our grief we saved 100.00 last summer.

• Li
      16th of Jun, 2016

I work in customer service and I am not required to provide my last name or employee number.

• Je
      16th of Jun, 2016

Northwest strikes again! I too had a bad experience on this airline. It was a flight from Philadelphia to Detroit. The trip to Philadelphia from Detroit was fine. The return flight was something else.

Bearing in mind that we flew out of the old NWA terminal at Detroit and into the new mulitmillion-dollar terminal on our return, we expected that there'd be a few glitches. The number of "glitches, " however, was unacceptable.

First, the plane was 2 hours late in arriving in Philly.

Second, after the staff efficiently boarded us without further delay and the pilot taxied to the runway, we sat on the runway for 30 minutes waiting to take off.

Third, in Detroit, we taxied to the gate and waited on the plane for 30 minutes while NWA found an employee to "open the door."

Fouith, after finally being let off of the plane, we entered the new NWA terminal and found a dirty terminal, littered with garbage, and a lack of adequate signage. At the baggage carousels, the listed carousel change 3 times while we tried to find our luggage, which had been taken from the plane 45 minutes earlier. Eventually, we found our luggage sitting on an unmarked carousel.

Fifth, NWA employees were directing passengers to go in a completely opposite direction and far out of the way to find the parking shuttles, which actually could be found 20 feet from the carousel.

I wrote an email of complaint to NWA and got an aggravating standard response. However, my husband and I each received a $75 voucher toward future NWA travel.

Legally, passengers are entitled to a higher level of service than the level that I received, which level of service is an implied term of the contract into which we enter with the airline when we purchase our tickets.

• Wa
      16th of Jun, 2016
    Northwest Airlines - Flight cancelled, not informed parents stranded in Amsterdam
    nwa.com

We called NWA's customer care department and spoke with Joseph (who would not provide any additional information such as his last name or employee number). He was extremely rude and did not address our concerns. We will be writing to NWA filing a complaint. It's ironic that a representative at the customer care line is not trained in how to provide adequate customer service.

• Ri
    Northwest Airlines

When there are delays, why is it that you have to sit around for hours without any communications from Northwest Airline personnel as to what is happening or what is the next plane?

Very poor communications with its customers.

It's a continuing problem.

Northwest Airlines

This is unbelievable. Yesterday my parents (very old) boarded a flight from SFO to Hyderabad via Amsterdam and as I am typing this, they are currently stranded in the Amsterdam airport, because KLM cancelled the connecting flight (taking it away from the schedule completely) and never informed us. Poor people they cannot even speak english, and so soft people, they were denied a hotel accomodation and they are now stranded in the Schipol airport for 26 hours. The next flight is next day the same time. All they have is $20 US dollars in hand, and KLM wont even give an accomodation to them, worst case, they did not even give any food coupons.

When I tried to reach NWA/KLM in US, each of these airlines blamed the other one, and it took 8 hours for me to get some one on the phone. Without any luck, I called Schipol airport and all the KLM numbers in Amsterdam to find out if they are atleast safe. Absolutely irresponsible answers and we were never able to reach them. Atlast my dad borrowed a cell phone from a fellow passenger and called us to US, saying that they are sleeping in the terminal itself.

Before even boarding the flight, the airline manager named, CADIZ (first name) behaved so rudely with us, as if he never wanted to talk to any asians in the first place. Because of all the mess created by NWA/KLM my old parents are suffering now. We are common middle class people. I really wish God had given me enough resources or help to pursue legal action against these irresponsible airlines, which provide so much of hardship to common passengers like us.

If anyone here, anyone in this forum can help me to pursure legal action against KLM, pls PM me, I would really apprecaite it.

• Je
    Northwest Airlines - Descrimination to the disabled permamnent or temporary
    Northwest Airlines

My husband and I went on vacation to Hawaii the flight over was OK No real exceptional customer service provided to us but we got to our destination. While on vacation I had an accident where I had to visit the hospital. The doctor said that I had severely torn the tendons and ligiments in my right knee. He went on to say that I should wear the knee brace at all times except for showers that I should not bend my knee. The accident happened on a Wednesday and our flight didnt leave for home until Sunday. I called the airline immediatly and explained the situation the CSR told me that there was NOTHING they could do to accomodate my disability. I called again on thursday and asked to speak to a supervisor she also told me Sorry we cant assign seats more than 24 hours in advance she suggested I call back. So I did I called back on Saturday and spoke to someone else they said that they cant seat me based on my disabilty. They did offer to put me in first class at almost 1000.00 per person extra. Not being able to afford that additional fee and advising the service rep of that she said that she would assign us a seat that would accomodate my leg. On Sunday morning I looked on line to see what seats were assigned row 39 window and middle seat (thats the seat that doesnt recline due to the restroom being right behind them) . I thought where am I going to put my leg being in the brace I didnt think it would fit under the seat in front of me. So...I called NWA again finally I thought I was getting somewhere when they said that the third seat would not be assigned and I could put my leg on it. Seems easy right? well when I was wheeled to the airplane the 3 seats were empty but not for long a lady pardoned herself and said that that 3rd seat was assigned to her. I Called the in cabin staff she said that she would try to move the lady but was unable to due to the plane being over booked. They are bumping people yea my brake I told the in cabin staff to bump us she looked at me basically said no and told me that I would not have a choice but to take of the brace on my leg and sit in my seat. I asked if I could sit on the end she said yes but I would still have to bend my leg so that it would be behind the seat in front of me and NOT in the isle. I took a pain pill and just suffered through this 5 or 6 hour flight (also delayed 2hours) when we finally arrived in Seattle my knee, calf and ankle were swollen to alsost double in size. I have never had such pain. I have filed a complaint with NWA I just cant wait to see what there reply will be or if any compensation will be given.

• Mo
      16th of Jun, 2016

I had my worst experience with North west. I am traveling around the country because of my job. Yesterday I flew from LA and when i got to DC I couldn’t find my luggage. the receptionist was really rode and she didn’t help me at all. finally after 3 hours someone got to the office and helped me to filed my lost baggage. We cant survive our business while our customer service is like this and I am sure you wont too. First thing in all business is customer service. The next day I called to find out about the time that they would delivery my staff. They told me at 10 am in the morning it will take one and half an hour for me to get my staff, which I got it at 5 PM and completely wet. I cant find even on dry thing in my staff and my two book is trash.

You cant save your business like this !