Northland Referral Group / Personal Loan

1 551 5TH AVE STE 1500New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-302-0178

I applied for a personal loan and was scammed out of $3, 000. Per them had to first send 1, 000 then 800.00 then 400.00 then finally 500.00 in order to receive the personal loan that was for my daughter's college tuition. If only I did my homework first. I don't have money. We are hard working citizens. And I was so desperate I took a chance and made a very bad decision. So I have reported them the Consumer Affairs of New York and to BBB of NY and to the FTC as well. I know that I will never get my money back but hoping in time they will be caught.

Comments

• Lo
      27th of Sep, 2010

Your not alone. They promised me a refund and now the phone number isn't even a working number.

• Jk
      25th of Jul, 2011

I too feel like a fool who got scammed with this group, and they did the same exact thing to me, then stated they would give a refund within 30 days and since they put that in writing, the LPD refused to help us until the date has passed and when it did, they were long gone. To Louisiana 777, they told us that because of our credit history, it was a "collateral" loan and we had to pay the first amount as "collateral" which we would get back after 3 on time payments to the company. Then there were "filing fees" with the bank who supposedly gave us the loan (since they claim to be just a "referral group" ), then the 3rd fee was because the bank that was giving us the loan was in Canada and there were "international fees" associated with this type of business. We knew then we had been scammed and went straight to the Lincoln Police Department with all our money order receipts, phone numbers, the fake names and addresses they gave us, but since they had given us a letter of refund promise, they would not help us until the deadline of the refund, which by that time, they were long gone. What I dont understand, is that SOMEONE had to pick up the money orders, and most likely there was a video camera or ID used to pick up the money orders. The phone number they had HAD TO BE REGISTERED TO SOMEONE! But I am a true believer in Karma so the 1800 we are out now, will come back and bite them, and they sure deserve it for as many people as they screwed over!