Northern Railways / Late Arrival of Train-Cancellation of ticket

1 India Review updated:

Dear Sir,

This is in reference to the cancellation of e-ticket because of late
arrival of the train.

I booked AC-3 ticket from Kanpur to New Delhi on 13th March 2008.
Details of the ticket booked is as follows :

Transaction ID : [protected]
PNR No : [protected]
Date of Journey : 23rd March 2008
Class: 3A
Passenger Name : Puneet Dubey & Priyanka S Dubey

The scheduled departure of the train was 23.45. However the train got
delayed hour after hour. We waited for the train 4 AM but finally lost
patience had to take some other train to come to delhi-for which we
paid a penalty also.

Since the train was late for more than 3 hrs, i request you to cancel
the ticket and kindly refund me the amount as soon as possible. I
tried cancelling ticket online but was unable to do so.

Kindly look into the matter and please cancel and refund the amount.

Thanks & Regards,

Puneet

Comments

• Pk
      2nd of May, 2008
    Northern Railways - Mental,Physical Harrasment & Financial loss due to wrong information provided by Northern Railway on enquiry 139
    Indian Railways
    India
    www.indianrail.gov.in

Dear Sir,
    I went to Agra to attend a marriage of my nephew on 26.04.2008 along with my wife. The return ticket was booked more than one month before the schedule departure by Utkal Express, (PNR no. 631-3165123) from Raja ki Mandi (Agra) to Roorkee. The scheduled time of Utkal Express from Raja Ki Mandi Rly stn is 11:05 Hrs.

On the day of the return journey, I enquired the position of train telephonically on nation wide Railway enquiry (139) at about 09:00 hrs. It was informed me that the train is running by 51 minutes late and will reach Agra cantt. By 11:55 approximately. It may be noted that the Agra cantt. Railway station lies before Raja ki Mandi. Before leaving the residence I again enquired the position of the train and I was informed that the train is 59 minute late and will not reach Agra Cantt. Before 12:00 hrs. Accordingly it was assumed that the train should reach Raja ki Mandi by 12:10-12:15 hrs.

I started from my residence at New Vijay Nagar Colony Agra, by 11:00 hrs and reached the Raja Ki Mandi by 11:35 hrs (before 40-45 minutes of the expected arrival as informed by the railway enquiry.

When I reached railway station, I was surprised to know, that the train was right time and it was never late on Board. I asked from the station master at Raja ki mandi. He said that It is expected that the information provided by Railway enquiry might be the position of the train at Jhansi, which comes about three hours before Agra.

I became upset. I have gone in the reservation queue. It was found that there was a lunch time between 11:50 hrs to 12: 10 hrs. I got the ticket cancelled by 11:33 hrs with a loss of Rs. 198.00.

Further on the advice of the station master, Raja ki Mandi, I purchased journal tickets (ticket no.
    AB 11543764-65 at 12:52 hrs upto Delhi and got reservation from TT in SwarnJayanti super fast express.

In Delhi, I went to Bus stand, and got a bus and reached Roorkee by 3:00 hrs in the next morning instead of 07:30 hrs on the same night.

It might be notable that my wife has undergone from a major operation just before two months and she was not advised to take more excursions which was taken by him due to the fault of the railway.

In the light of the above, it is requested that the compensation may be made for poor service/wrong information provided by the Railway for the following losses.

1. Financial loss of about Rs.500.00
    2. Physical exertion as well as mental torture especially for my wife who was not advised the same.

It is requested to kindly look into the matter and do needful for the same. It is also suggested that before applying Hi-Tech facilities it must be ensured that wrong information should not be providing.

Providing no information is better than providing wrong information.

Thanking you