Northern Lease Company / Continued billing once account closed

This company is a piece of work. The first call made to them regarding switching companies we were hung up on and I had to call back; at that point I was short with the customer service person who answered and told her that I would not hold because I didn't want to be hung up on again. Last month I called to notify them we were no longer in need of there services, it took several calls to get a working fax number to send written notice. I did in the end deal with someone in customer service willing to look into all the charges and leases that I was trying to deal with. I was explained that other leasing equipment that I had been charged for every month had expired 2 years prior but I would only be refunded for 10 months of fees even though the company had received the equipment several years back. I mailed all equipment to their offices with a check in the amount of the buyout of the lease and my account was still debited. I made sure the equipment was there last month, I can't be held responsible if they don't open their packages when they are delivered and signed for. I have been asked to fax my shipping receipt to them to verify my information. Fine by me, I have check with the UPS store I shipped from and was told it was received before the month expired. I have had to fax several pages of letters to various numbers and had to call back several times to verify that they received the documents and the right people/persons took the proper action to reconcile the matter which is still ongoing.
Beware of credit card processing companies. We originally signed up with what we thought was one company, in the end we were dealing with Encore and 3 other processing/lease companies one for the credit card machine, the debit numeric key pad and another for the check verification machine. Please learn from mine and the rest of these companies who have suffered at the hands of this scandalous and thieving company. Avoid doing business with Northern Leasing, LSI Lease Source and Mbf leasing, they all operate out of the same place.

Ho
Apr 16, 2013

Comments

• Sr
      27th of Jun, 2013

Yes, they are a disreputable company. Many complaints online about them. I could not wait to get out of the lease and, in fact, had not used their equipment for several years. When the reminder popped up that my lease would expire I did the following:
    1)Called the company several times to get the fax number for cancellation notification and to get the address and instructions for returning the equipment. I called several times to be sure that they were not running me around and that I had the correct info.
    2)I sent a fax saying I would send the equipment thru the USPS 2-day air to be sure it arrived on time. Just for overkill I asked for return receipt. I let them know in advance this would be the case so they couldn't say that I did something wrong with the return. I could contend they didn't correct my error in advance although they had the opportunity when they received my fax.
    3)I sent the equipment just as I said and copied the tracking info to show they received it from the USPS site because I never got the return receipt.
    4)Monitored my bank account to be sure they discontinued charges. They did and I am through with these crooks!!!