Northeast Furniture Direct / Scam and cheating

My wife and I stopped into Northeast Furniture Direct in Stoughton to purchase a dining room set sometime in June. We purchased our furniture that day and that is when everything went wrong. Once he had our money, all business practices seemed to go out the door. As I've read on this website already, many others have had the same issues we encountered, which I will detail... We were originally told we would have the furniture on July 31st. Yesterday, September 24th, we received the last pieces of furniture that we were due. After delaying the delivery for the first time, the furniture showed up with large cracks in the chairs, broken glass in the hutch, and scratches on the tabletop. We immediately called Neal, numerous times and were not able to get him on the phone, with no return calls from the messages we left. After he finally decided to take our furniture back and replace it, he delayed the delivery on the furniture yet again. We had to demand that we receive 2 free chairs for out troubles, and after finally agreeing, he didn't send them. After a month of numerous phone calls and messages, I was finally able to get a hold of him by calling from a private number. He claimed he never got any calls and no messages... After all this, he had the nerve to be rude during this phone call. Avoid this business!

Va

Comments

• Li
      28th of Sep, 2008

I purchased a sofa set from Northeast Furniture a few days ago. I had called on an ad in the Herald for a sofa and love seat for around $500. I went down to the warehouse in Stoughton and saw the sets there and decided to purchase a slightly higher quality set for about $799. They delivered it the next day. All in all, I felt it was a great experience, and I would definitely shop there again.

• Xc
      21st of Mar, 2011

do you know his private number ? i call store number many time but never return. Please make private to public. Thanks

• Mi
      23rd of Oct, 2011

he delayed the delivery on the furniture. he did not return my phone call ?
    still waiting for the furniture foe more than 4 weeks