NorthAm Loans / Fraud and cheating

NorthAm Loans is a scam and I fell for it. I was in contact with them many times and was always told to be patient. 5 months is enough. I have contacted my credit card company and they will credit my money back after explaining what NorthAm did to me. I am angry and mostly humiliated to fall for such a thing. What was I thinking? Now what do I do with NorthAM? Do I contact them and "quit" in some way. Anyone out there to help me with this one?? Really need the advice now on how to quit.

Va

Comments

• Jm
      15th of Oct, 2008

There is a case that was filed by the FTC against a company called The Results Group. Like Northam Loans, they had high pressure 'advertising coaches' that would pressure people into spending thousands and make very misleading statements about earnings and risk to induce people to purchase advertising packages. However, very few people were even making the intial investment back on their money. They were shut down by the FTC.

There are strict FTC Laws that one has to follow by when you are telemarketing. Northam's advertising coaches claim that you are likely to earn a substantial income with virtually no risk. However, it is very unlikely that someone is going to earn this kind of income. This is a violation of Section 5(a) of the FTC Act, 15 U.S.C. 45(a).

Also, this is a these misrepresentations are a violation of The Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule. This prevents telemarketers misrepresenting any material aspect of the investment opportunity. Also, from making misleading statements to induce a person to buy goods and services 16 C.F.R. 310.3

The case is: Federal Trade Commission, Plaintiff, v. The Results Group, L.L.C.,

The direct link is: http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/0623205/061212cmp0623205.pdf

There are also state telemarketing laws that Northam has violated in Arizona. You can research this at the Arizona Secretary of State website.

Every one who has been scammed needs to read this case and then contact the: Arizona State Attorney General, FTC, Internet Fraud Division of FBI, Better Business Bureau. Cite this case and say that there is a company doing the same thing.

There is enough information here to bring them down. We need to band together and make it happen.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney and therefore you are taking my advice at your own risk.

• Jm
      15th of Oct, 2008

This is information from another site on the owner of Northam Loans, James Bunch. Appearently he has partners with some other companies that were shut down for fraud. The last company that he was at, my advertising coach was also at!

To Whom it may concern:

I had the displeasure of working with James Bunch when he and a partner, Bill Todd, both of which ran a scam under the name of Capital Business Group (capbizgroup.com). For verification, do a search on this website. The domain and business didn't last long. You'll find lots of information about how these two idiots did business.

My first-hand experience? During my time, James Bunch and his partner filled up leads fast, hired lots of telemarketers, but failed to staff the fulfillment, and customer service functions of his business. In other words, he cares more about making front end sales fast, and is, in my opinion, the leading contender for a Don Lapree wannabe scam artist.

Now it looks as if James Bunch has a new partner, Matt Strang.

Unless James Bunch has changed his ways, I can only assume that there will be many more complaints you can find here, or elsewhere on the internet. Some posts are bs, some are not, and can be verified if you take the time to use common sense.

The only suggestions I can offer the original Post to get your money back are these..

1. Call the Arizona Attorney Generals Office. Tell them what your situation is, and give them the information I provide about James Bunch and northamloans.com following this text.

2. Call your cities Attorney Generals office and give them the same information, and let them know you've already contacted the Office where James Bunch / northamloans and his current partner do business.

3. Do a search on the web for internet marketing forums. You'll find experienced PROFESSIONAL marketers there, and you can use theses forums' SEARCH features to conduct a thread search on James Bunch / www.northamloans.com or other companies to see if there is any 'DIRT' on the ones in question, BEFORE you decide to do business with them.

That's a good start.

4. Here's the information you give the Attorney Generals Offices:

Current Website domain information for northamloans.com:

Domain name: northamloans.com

dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 13 Dec 2005 08:45:26
    Expiration date: 13 Dec 2009 08:45:26

------

Current Website domain information for http://www.mynorthamloans.com/
    This is a companion website owned by James Bunch which serves the first:

Domain name: mynorthamloans.com

dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 16 Aug 2006 03:37:06
    Expiration date: 16 Aug 2009 03:37:00

-----
    A sample domain search I did, revealing more dirt on James Bunch, his crony Matt Strang:

Google Search results on northamloans.com:

------

A sample domain search I did, revealing more dirt on James Bunch when he tried to run Capital Business Group (www.capbizgroup.com) around 2004-2006

Take ACTION with this. One day, I hope this looser gets lots of time behind bars for the grief he's causing all these people.

'John'

• Tr
      14th of Feb, 2009

I fell for the same thing. They sounded sooo convincing and i gave them $500 to fund an advertising program to earn using their lead gathering program. In 6 months now, I have not received a single lead - not one. I have called them twice now and they keep telling me that I have to be patient as "these things take time". I cannot even find my so=called "website" on the web. Six months and NO results at all is plenty of time. I will add my complaint to the list and call the Arizona Attorney General's Office. We all need to ubite and take this group to the cleaners for what they are doing. The whole business reeks of SCAM!

• Te
      6th of Apr, 2009

I like you fell for the same thing. In a whole year I received and sold 1 lead. I spent over $600 and was promised the same as everyone else. Now I go to my website and it is no longer there.. Please lets find a way to bring these scam artist down!!! We are people trying to make an honest living and get scammed by people with no morals. Are there any lawsuits currently going against NorthAmLoans??

• Pa
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I would like to know the name of the legal owner of Northams at Arizona.
    I was swindled @1, 995 dollars with the same bogus promises.
    Who do I serve that is ressponsible. At this moment, the case is with the Maricopa county court, but the court told me to serve the exact judicial responsible for this scam business. Should you have any name please let me know, because that is still my dilema

Philip

Canada

• Pa
      3rd of Jun, 2009

Trying to find the judicial person responsible for Northamloans. I was swindled in Summer in the amount of $1, 995 dollars.

I have been tring to serve the judicial person for the company but was
    unable to identify him.

Please if you know that person please let me know

Thanks

Patuda

• Su
      20th of Jul, 2009

I fell for it also, was swindled out of only 650.00 by this den of thieves. If anyone can help me recoop my money, please inform me as to how.

• Pu
      14th of Aug, 2009

ok so now what do we do about it?/ I lost $1200 to them. nevr a hit never anything.. and man are they rude.. I jsut bought a new home and sure woud like to get my money back.

• Pu
      14th of Aug, 2009

I myself just bought a new home.. I sure could use that 1200 back. they also are sooo rude.. It all always sound so good.. but wrong!!! something needs to be done about this.

• Bn
      24th of Oct, 2009

We also were scammed, it started off with $1895.00, then 3months later they told us we should upgrade and that cost us $900.00 total of $2795.00. We are on social security and we just wanted to make a few dollars to supplement our social security instead we maxed out our credit card (which we are still paying on it).We have made only $252.00 in almost 2 years, they knew we are on social security and they told us this would be a good business for us. I don't think so. How can people do this to other people, especially to senior citizens. I wish we could get our money back to pay off the credit card and be free of them and our debt. They are no longer Northam loans they are Consolidated Opportunities, so beware.

6th of Nov, 2009
    NorthAm Loans - Fraudulent claims
    NorthAM Loans
    northamloans.com

They promised me I would make money by having an internet site that they would manage and then I would get people to visit the site and they would sell the clients to loan brokers. This turned out to be totally false. They got my money and did nothing to pay me nor to generate income. I even filed an application myslef and they have yet to pay me for selling my own applications.

8th of Jun, 2011

I also was scammed by a similar company and I found a company that claimede me any upfront fees! The company is called “BCA Recovery” – guy by the name of Michael at 800-982-0221 Ext. 401 or his email is mcooper@bcarecovery.com …. the process wasn't as quick as they maid it seem but i sure enough got my MONEY back from those thieves and of course i paid them AFTER they would get me back my MONEY which seemed promising that really turned out to NOT be a fraud and did NOT charg i got my MONEY back. All in all they were fantastic people to work with. THANK YOU!

• Ti
      11th of May, 2012
    northamloans.com - It is scam
    northamloans.com

northamloans.com advertised possibility of earning extra cash by applying for their loan offer. Once I did as asked no money was given and in opposite I was charged without my permission.