North Texas Tollway Authority [NTTA] / tolls and charges

1 United States

I recently moved to Dallas June 28th. On June 29th, I registered my car at the Plano office and was told that since I am a disabled vet with disabled vet tags my tolls would be free in Texas. I went to the State website and the website also states tolls are free to disabled veterans with DV plates. I started taking the tolls. I received a bill for $193 do I called NTTA and told them about my plates and what I was told by the State office. The supervisor told me that she knows that the website has the information on it but the website is incorrect. She also told me there would be no waiver and I'm expected to pay the bill. I told her I did not think it was right so I filed a complaint with my senator's office, the State Attorney and BBB. I would have never used the tolls if I'd known that the information incorrect. I am requesting a waiver for the $193 bill I have due.

• Updated by Tia Bond, Oct 11, 2018

I was given to Nov 12 to pay bill

• Updated by Tia Bond, Oct 11, 2018

I recently moved to Dallas June 28th. On June 29th, I registered my car at the Plano office and was told that since I am a disabled vet with disabled vet tags my tolls would be free in Texas. I went to the State website and the website also states tolls are free to disabled veterans with DV plates. I started taking the tolls. I received a bill for $193 do I called NTTA and told them about my plates and what I was told by the State office. The supervisor told me that she knows that the website has the information on it but the website is incorrect. She also told me there would be no waiver and I’m expected to pay the bill. I told her I did not think it was right so I filed a complaint with my senator’s office, the State Attorney and BBB. I would have never used the tolls if I’d known that the information incorrect. I am requesting a waiver for the $193 bill I have due. I was given to Nov 12 to pay bill.

Ti