North Star Capital Acquisitions / Credit Debt Collection

1 Redford, MI, United States Review updated:

I'm being sued for a credit card debt. I closed this particular account originally with Capital One at lease 7 years ago. Unfortunately I have none of the original paperwork. I've learned since then I should have gotten a written confirmation from Capital One that I closed the account. I closed the account specifically because they continually applied my payments late usually the day after it was due. I paid the account off and told them to close the account. Again about 3 times they continued to try to bill me for late fees. The last payment I sent about 2 months ahead of their due date, and again they tried to hit me for late fees. Since then I assumed the account was closed until I was served in February with a lawsuit from Stillman Law Office representing North Star Capital Acquisitions LLC. I have filed my answer to the court withing the 28 days they told me I had disputing the debt. I don't know what I'm facing now. I don't have $2300 to pay off what was about a $350 debt originally.

Ak

More North Star Capital Acquisitions Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      3rd of Dec, 2008

hand delivered a supposed summons with no court date or anything on it

• Ey
      15th of Mar, 2009

You need to look into the Statute Of Limitations in your state reguarding credit card debt.It sounds to me that in reality you paid off the card and then closed the account.However that aside, the SOL for credit cards is usually 4 to 6 years, after that you have no legal obligation to pay, none. Many people confuse their credit report and the SOL, they are two different things. Even if the SOL has expired it will stay on your crdt rpt for at least 7yrs. And if the SOL has expired debt collectors can still come after you, usually using scare tatics. You said that this acct was closed at least 7 years ago so your SOL has expired...you can reset the SOL clock back to zero yrs by making a payment on your debt, even as little as 1 dollar. Also some states will reset the SOL clock if you move out of state and then move back to the state 'where you owe the debt'. I'd hate to say it but if you have no documents about this cc account your only saving grace may well be the Statue Of Limitations. Again it will stay on your crdt rpt if you don't pay off the account that to me sounds like you never owed to begin with!!! I hope this helps you, and check out clark howard on the web. good luck!

• Li
      20th of Mar, 2009
    North Star Capital Acquisitions - Unfair debt colleciton
    Northstar Capital Acquisitions

This Northstar Capital buys old debt that may or may not be legitimate. More than usual it is not. They give no phone numbers or addresses but only work through certain law firms - well known to Attorney Generals - around the country.
    You are not told who the creditor is and the law firm refuses to validate the debt. They file false documents in small courts all over the country and obtain equally false judgments. You are not given a hearing date or a chance for a response.
    A debt that you once owed that was charged off by the original company (who has since accepted billions of dollars from the federal gov't to cover this bad debt) is purchased by Northstar for pennies on the dollar. They in turn hire collection agents to harass you with summons and phone calls. The original debt is listed on your credit report in 20 different places even though it is one debt further hurting and damaging you.
    They pay no attention to exempt fund status and restrain accounts illegally.
    I absolutely have a complaint. I do not owe this Northstar anything and they belong in jail for their collection tactics.

• Au
      14th of Aug, 2009

I have had a similar problem with North Star Capital Acquisition, LLC. They have persisted in phone calls even after being notified to stop the calls in 2007.
    In 2007 I also asked for proof of debt, but received no reply. They continue adding on to the amount they started with. My financial difficulties began during the time I was trying to adjust to life as a single mom, (aka, divorce) living from pay check to pay check. I had other creditors that were more than helpful and worked with me on settlements. Not North Star Capital Acquisition! They were rude and very determined to go out of their way to be as threatening as they could...even to the extent of threatning me about my property, as though it was at risk.
    They recently served me with papers stating they were suing me for a balance I am not familiar with. They say they are the assignee of Wells Fargo, but Wells Fargo wrote off my debt some time ago and North Star was not the original collector. I will be checking with WELLS FARGO to see who, if anyone, is the "asignee" of my account. I have had many successful years of credit relationship with WELLS FARGO and hope to be credit worthy again soon.
    NORTH STAR CAPITAL ACQUISITION LLC., does not "play" by the rules and break many of the laws that are in place to protect us.

• Gi
      1st of Sep, 2009

Yea, I just got a summons, too. Stating that I owe $1588.20 on an open account. AND, interest on that from 03/17/2006. Say I must file an answer, or repsonsive motion within 30 days. Which is what, exactly? Also, says that if I don't respond in 30 days a default judgement may be entered. I am renting, do not plan to buy a home, nor another vehicle. And so, what if a default judgement is entered? Shoudl I just let it go?
    Thx

• Lr
      8th of Dec, 2009

I live in California, and I just received a letter from a collection agency named Superlative Receivables Management claiming that they are attempting to collect a debt for my "Current Creditor" North Star Capital Acquisition, and showing a company that I have never heard of as the "Original Creditor". I received a letter from Accounts Receivable Management, Inc. about 10 months ago saying the same thing, and disputed it in writing.

I have never heard of North Star Capital Acquisition, never did any business with them, and do not know why they are saying that I owe them money or how they are a "Current Creditor". I will respond to that effect in writing to Superlative Receivables Management, just as I did with Accounts Receivables Management.

Is North Star Capital Acquisitions also doing business as Zenith Acquisition Corp? I think I saw that name on one of my credit reports last year, along with their supposed client's name, and was not able to figure out what the item was. Whatever it is, it has a "Date of 1st Delinquency" of November, 2006, so it's pretty old.

Not sure what to do about this, other than continue to dispute it, as it is not my debt.

• Me
      8th of Sep, 2010

coleen george of north star is not only the rudest person I have ever had the disadvantage of dealing with. She is threatening and def. Unaware of the laws against the badgering and communication with consumers. I hope one day she will get to experience someone like herself when she is having a tough time. Being kind would get you much further.

• Sh
      22nd of Oct, 2010

If you are served papers from these people you had better file a response. otherwise they will receive an judgement againt you and take your property and whatever else they can grab. I went to court with this company and won my case. The case was thrown out because of the statute of frauds. This company is run by a bunch of crooks that produce false documentation. They are counting on you not filing in court so that they will win by default. They ended up having to foot the bill for my attorney as well. I would hire a consumer law attorney and fight these guys.

5th of Sep, 2018

I have a Judgment against me with a court appointed Receiver and I never once received a court order to appear in court. The original court order shows Oct 2009 when I was in Iraq and the new one shows July 31 2018. Still never received a letter.

• Be
      24th of Oct, 2018

What can be done about this company? They buy old debts from other companies and want you to pay without giving you any details of the debt. They don't show you anything concerning your payment or anything, but they want to sue you. What are some suggestions to the innocent people. The company is North Star Capital.