North American Sweepstakes / FAKE CHECK

62 S 28TH STCamden, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 856-831-5897
I GOT A CHECK ON [protected] CALLED THE SAME DAY AND THAT I WOULD BE GETTING A CHECK FOR 250.000 MINUS 4, 925.00 ON WEDNESDAY

I WAS SENT A CHECK FOR 4, 925.00. I SAYS TO CALL IMMEDIATELY SO I DID PHONE # [protected] OR [protected] FIRST I SPOKE TO JOHNNY MILES AND WHEN I CALLED AGAIN I SPOKE TO CATHERINE DION THEY BOTH SAID TO DEPOSIT THE CHECK AND CALL BACK AND I WILL GET INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW I WAS TO PAY 3.500 TO THE GOVERNMENT AND THE 2 DAYS LATER I WOULD BE GETTING THE REST OF MY WINNINGS OF 250.000. SO I CALLED MY BANK AND THE REP TOLD ME HOW THIS MIGHT BE A SCAM SO I WENT ONLINE AND LOOKED UP THE COMPANY THE CHECK WAS DRAWN OUT OF. THE COMPANY NAME IS ELDER PROPERTIES OF GREENSBORD INC. TRUST ACCOUNT P.O. BOX 208 SEDALIA, NC 27342. I SPOKE TO TOM ELDER AND HE TOLD ME THE CHECK WAS BAD AND THAT I SHOULD RIP IT UP HE SAYS HE HAS BEEN GETTING PHONE CALLS FOR THE PAST 4 WEEKS. SO I CALLED BACK THE # ON THE LETTER AND SPOKE TO CATHERINE DION AND I QUESTIONED HER ABOUT THE CHECK AND WHAT I WAS TOLD SHE GOT REALLY NERVOUS AND SHE SAID FOR ME TO FAX HER THE CHECK BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW THAT CHECK GOT INTO THE LETTER. SO I TOLD HER TO GIVE ME HER FAX # AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME SO I CALLED HER AGAIN AND I LEFT HER A MESSAGE TELLING HER THAT I WAS GOING TO REPORT HER TO THE POLICE.
Bi

Comments

Bi
  1st of Nov, 2008
THIS IS TO CORRECT ME COMPLAINT I PUT IN MY ADDRESS AND MY PHONE # I THOUGHT THAT I WAS SUPPOSE TO PUT MY ADDRESS AND PHONE # BECAUSE I WAS PUTTING IN THE COMPLAINT THE ADDRESS TO M FINANCIAL GROUP IS P.O.BOX 200 SEDAILA, NC 27342 NOT 62 S 28TH ST THAT IS MY ADDRESS THEY ARE FROM I BELIEVE CANADA BUT I AM NOT SURE I KNOW THAT THE STAMP IS FROM CANADA
Ch
  8th of Nov, 2008
i receivedhe same and the phone number was 1-778-551-0001 and the agents name is chris wood.
Ch
  8th of Nov, 2008
I think the polise and agencyies should take care of John miles and chris wood. I took the check to my bank and gave them all the information and phone numbers.
Ja
  9th of Nov, 2008
i have the same thing here would some one please contack me by e-mail on this please
Wi
  11th of Nov, 2008
i got one too, i called the company which was ride safely, inc and they said it was fraud. im taking it to my bank now and giving it to the fraud invest team
Le
  24th of Nov, 2008
I received a "WINNING NOTIFICATION" letter friday 21st saying that I won 100, 000 Dollars from North American Sweepstakes. I then called "Mrs. Julia Miller" (claim agent), at 1-905-782-6465. She congratulated me and said to cash the check of $4, 900. And that I would have to pay the taxes of $3, 900. She said to call her after I cashed the check to receive further clarification on where to send the $3, 900. to a Government tax agent by either Western Union or Moneygram. I waited until today Nov.24th to go to my bank to cash it. In intisipation on the so called $95, 100. that was to follow. I filled out a Deposit Slip for 4900.00 and a withdraw Slip for 3900.00. That is when my bank could not verify the funds. I plan on calling her back and lie telling her that I did cash the check and that I have the 3900.00 just so I can get more information from her to have her put away!!! I will then contact the police with the information so they can then arrest her as she tries to retrieve the money.