North American Sweepstakes / FAKE CHECK

1 62 S 28TH STCamden, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 856-831-5897

I GOT A CHECK ON [protected] CALLED THE SAME DAY AND THAT I WOULD BE GETTING A CHECK FOR 250.000 MINUS 4, 925.00 ON WEDNESDAY

I WAS SENT A CHECK FOR 4, 925.00. I SAYS TO CALL IMMEDIATELY SO I DID PHONE # [protected] OR [protected] FIRST I SPOKE TO JOHNNY MILES AND WHEN I CALLED AGAIN I SPOKE TO CATHERINE DION THEY BOTH SAID TO DEPOSIT THE CHECK AND CALL BACK AND I WILL GET INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW I WAS TO PAY 3.500 TO THE GOVERNMENT AND THE 2 DAYS LATER I WOULD BE GETTING THE REST OF MY WINNINGS OF 250.000. SO I CALLED MY BANK AND THE REP TOLD ME HOW THIS MIGHT BE A SCAM SO I WENT ONLINE AND LOOKED UP THE COMPANY THE CHECK WAS DRAWN OUT OF. THE COMPANY NAME IS ELDER PROPERTIES OF GREENSBORD INC. TRUST ACCOUNT P.O. BOX 208 SEDALIA, NC 27342. I SPOKE TO TOM ELDER AND HE TOLD ME THE CHECK WAS BAD AND THAT I SHOULD RIP IT UP HE SAYS HE HAS BEEN GETTING PHONE CALLS FOR THE PAST 4 WEEKS. SO I CALLED BACK THE # ON THE LETTER AND SPOKE TO CATHERINE DION AND I QUESTIONED HER ABOUT THE CHECK AND WHAT I WAS TOLD SHE GOT REALLY NERVOUS AND SHE SAID FOR ME TO FAX HER THE CHECK BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW THAT CHECK GOT INTO THE LETTER. SO I TOLD HER TO GIVE ME HER FAX # AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME SO I CALLED HER AGAIN AND I LEFT HER A MESSAGE TELLING HER THAT I WAS GOING TO REPORT HER TO THE POLICE.

Bi

Comments

• Bi
      1st of Nov, 2008

THIS IS TO CORRECT ME COMPLAINT I PUT IN MY ADDRESS AND MY PHONE # I THOUGHT THAT I WAS SUPPOSE TO PUT MY ADDRESS AND PHONE # BECAUSE I WAS PUTTING IN THE COMPLAINT THE ADDRESS TO M FINANCIAL GROUP IS P.O.BOX 200 SEDAILA, NC 27342 NOT 62 S 28TH ST THAT IS MY ADDRESS THEY ARE FROM I BELIEVE CANADA BUT I AM NOT SURE I KNOW THAT THE STAMP IS FROM CANADA

8th of Nov, 2008

i receivedhe same and the phone number was 1-778-551-0001 and the agents name is chris wood.

8th of Nov, 2008

I think the polise and agencyies should take care of John miles and chris wood. I took the check to my bank and gave them all the information and phone numbers.

9th of Nov, 2008

i have the same thing here would some one please contack me by e-mail on this please

• Wi
      11th of Nov, 2008

i got one too, i called the company which was ride safely, inc and they said it was fraud. im taking it to my bank now and giving it to the fraud invest team

• Le
      24th of Nov, 2008

I received a "WINNING NOTIFICATION" letter friday 21st saying that I won 100, 000 Dollars from North American Sweepstakes. I then called "Mrs. Julia Miller" (claim agent), at 1-905-782-6465. She congratulated me and said to cash the check of $4, 900. And that I would have to pay the taxes of $3, 900. She said to call her after I cashed the check to receive further clarification on where to send the $3, 900. to a Government tax agent by either Western Union or Moneygram. I waited until today Nov.24th to go to my bank to cash it. In intisipation on the so called $95, 100. that was to follow. I filled out a Deposit Slip for 4900.00 and a withdraw Slip for 3900.00. That is when my bank could not verify the funds. I plan on calling her back and lie telling her that I did cash the check and that I have the 3900.00 just so I can get more information from her to have her put away!!! I will then contact the police with the information so they can then arrest her as she tries to retrieve the money.