North American Readers Choice / Unwanted Magazines

Oak Point, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 315-465-0021

My wife clicked on a website about a year ago and has been receiving magazines ever since that somehow was connected to her looking at a shopping network site. We have been contacted several times and each time when trying to cancel magazines or find out who they are most often told will transfer call and then they hang up. Usual calls from them are an attempt to renew?

Re
Jun 14, 2015

Comments

• Ke
      17th of Jul, 2015

I receiving magazines i been getting these to.But im not paying for them. 0ne company said u know there not free. Wanted to know how do u want to pay.
    said ur not getting a dime from me

• Xm
      5th of Nov, 2015

i have the same issue they call you trying to get your credit card number to renew your magazines. They say if you want to cancel the renew you have to give them your CC for a recording.

• Me
      5th of Nov, 2015

@ xmarine they just called me and said the same thing! I did fall for it once and got screwed. That was several years ago and will never fall for it again, they will never get a CC # from me. He said that if I didnt give them the number it would automatically renew because they have a way of knowing my new card and charging it. This is the information he gave me "Chris Smith from Discount Magazine he called me from (315) 465-0021 employee# 5864 the numbers he gave me to contact them back are 855-995-3360 and 877-398-7824 which have all been reported online as scammers.

6th of Nov, 2015

it s a scam

• Ka
      13th of Nov, 2015

They keep sending their product to me and I have tried many times to cancel and told them I have not ordered anything from them but it has not stopped them PLEASE HELP! I have cancer and I can not afford 39.90 each month KBritt

• Je
      27th of May, 2016

I received a call from them this morning and the sales lady didn't even ask if I wanted to renew - I had told them before I did not want to renew - but asked if I wanted to be removed from the Automatic Renewal and added to their Do Not Call list. She asked me some "security" questions: 1. verify my address; 2. my age; and 3. what I do for a living. She then sent me to the "Floor Supervisor" who could take me off the Auto Renewal. This guy "verified" the security answers and then asked if I owned my home. I answered yes. He proceeded to tell me that he would need my credit card number in order to verify which one I had used to make the initial purchase. I read him the last 4 digits of the card I thought I'd used. He said, "No, it should begin with a 4 since it's a Visa." I told him that I was only going to give him the last four digits for verification. He continued to ask for the whole credit card number and he even stated that he had the whole number and just needed to verify my card. I asked him to then read the card number he had and I would let him know if it was the one I had. He said he would lose his job if he did that. We went round and round and I kept telling him that I was not going to give him my credit card number. He said that I could not be removed from the Auto Renewal if I didn't give him the number. I also told him that if I gave him my number and had any fraudulent charges, I'd know who to go after. He didn't like that. He went on about how I was in a "contract" and that I was bound by this "contract, " blah, blah, blah... I kept saying, "No, I'm not. I canceled my subscription just after ordering and am not under any contract." He finally hung up on me. Should I have any charges from them, I will dispute them immediately and report the company to our State's Attorney's office as a scam.

27th of May, 2016

I BLOCKED THEM FROM MY BANK credit card

• As
      31st of May, 2016

Same thing happened to me a couple years ago and I still haven't been able to get them to stop. They sent me magazines and billed me even though I never remember ordering magazines. To this day I still get magazines even though I begged and begged them to stop sending them. They told me I had to pay them more to stop. I changed my card after that and havent answered my phone from any of the known numbers they have on scam list.