North American Lottery Inc. / Scam and cheating

1 ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 905 598 0845

I received a check to pay taxes on a lottery that I supposedly won. Of course, they did not want to send me the 50K check because of possible identification fraud. The Alabama city that I live in is a fairly depressed area. This lottery makes me think that some poor soul in this area will think they've hit the big time and send the tax money (by Western Union) and then find out that the lottery check sent to cover taxes, never clears.

Do

Comments

• Ro
      12th of Sep, 2008

We received the same scam letter. I called Pnc Bank to register a complaint.

• Th
      11th of Nov, 2008

I got kind of the same letter sent me 4, 800.00 told me i won 100, 000.00. that i needed to send 3800.00
    call david jones @ 6478366845..the check was REAL>>>>>>>but I just knew i could not of been that lucky ever...so i called the name on the check which was Elizabeth Electric co, inc in pa I called the number the lady said someone stole checks...the account as closed...all fake...
    I also called annette at 888-495-8501 to file a complaint...

• Li
      21st of Jan, 2009

I recieved a check 4, 980.00 saying i won 150, 000.00 from American Lottery hela on dec 3, 2008. at Niagara casino. The check seemed to be real, it was from Wells fargo Bank, N.A in Van Wert, Oh Well there is no bank in Van Wert, it was by Coverall North America, INC. Well i had to cash this check and send, 2950.00 Western union or Money Gram to: Carnill Patrick 3021 S. 42th St. NewYork, NY 10017.
    Well lucky i didn't not give them any money until the ck they give me cleared with it did not. If you get this kind of checks clear it with you bank first before doing anything. I is a shame that people do this: There should be something done about this. the letter is from North American Award Claims Department, and the number you call make you believe that it is really. Be careful out there. There are 10 other people who will get this. I hope this help anyone else. I was lucky because my bank put a hold on it for me, to make sure it clear. What every you do, don't give them your money. This is a very sad today for me, because it would of been nice to pay my back rent and bills. People like this: really need a wake up call.