North American Lottery Corporation / Taxes problem!

1 Canada Review updated:

They tell me I have won $33,00.00 dollars, and I need to pay the taxes. They tell me they use the "Name Data Base Ballot System" which is provided by Credit Cards, and telephone services. It describes the sponsoring company, "EH GRiffith Inc," whom I e-mailed and they stated they were not sponsors and that the said company was fraudulently using their checks/letter heads. The letter that was included also stated I had to call "Mr. Kevin Luna" at "[protected]," "he will validate the check, after that proceed to your bank and make a deposit." It is signed, "David West, Promotion Manager."

Va

Comments

• Da
      23rd of Mar, 2007

I received the letter which stated I had won $120,00.00 dollars. A check was even sent to me for $4950.00, which could be used to send the $2,900.00 tax charges. They tell me they use the "Name Data Base Ballot System" which is provided by Credit Cards, and telephone services. The letter that was included also stated I had to call "Mr. Tony Edward" at "(514) 571-2809," "he will validate the check, after that proceed to your bank and make a deposit." It is signed, "Mrs. Shanice Wilhurt, Promotion Manager."

I have a friend who works at a bank - she researched this and stated that this check would not go through because the account number on the bottom of the check does not match up with the Company who supposedly wrote the check. When my friend called this person to notify them this check was returned, he stated that he was going to a meeting and would call back to discuss this. She stated she would call him back in 1 hour, after his meeting. She called back 10 minutes later and the phone was disconnected.

Lucky for me, my friend saved me a ton of money, because I actually did sign up for a raffle drawing at Grainger (the check was in this name).

• Un
      3rd of Apr, 2007

I received a check in the mail on 4/2/2007 stating I was a winner in a computer generated lottery. In order for me to get the full sum of money I had to deposit the check and wait for it to cover the service charges. I tried contacting the agent listed on the cover letter to validate everything, but i could never speck to anyone. I finally called the bank that also listed on the check to se if they could tell me if the Company that as sponsoring this lottery was legit...finally I spoke to a representative at the back and she ran the routing number at the bottom of the check and check number at the top, and stated it was real. I'm glad i didn't try and cash that check.

The fraudulent company that was on the check was ( The Star Foundation). There is a such thing as that company, but its a foundations for other reasons then a lottery. MORE LIKE TAKEN DONATIONS THEN GIVEN THEM!

• Me
      14th of Apr, 2007

I to received a check on April 12th w/a letter from the Oprah Winfrey Summer Sweepstakes, that said the EXACT same thing. My family & I investigated everything on this letter & check & it all checked out. I went and actually Western Unioned the money, when I returned home, my husband wanted me to "google" the North American Lottery Corp, that is when I found this was a scam. I called Western Union & cancelled the whole thing...

• Ro
      27th of Oct, 2007

my dad who is 82 received a check in the mail with a letter stating he had won 700,000.00 and a check of 4,193.00 the check looked real and he had till Oct,31 to claim prizes he needed to call 1778-863-8222 and talk with Gary James or Edna King to initiate the claim process and activate the check when. My mom wasn't sure if it was real and ask me to call we i did the man was very rude ask why i didn't call on Thursday when I said couldn't believe that it was real he said dont ever call this number again and that couldn't claim the prize even though the letter said all prize money must be claimed by oct 31 and today is the 27th the letter head is EQUITY FINANCIAL INC 400-2525 GRUMMAN AVE TORONTO ON T7Y 5J8 PHONE NUMBER 1-788-863-8222 CANADA This is a scam they will ask you to go to walmart and get a money gram of 2,851.00. scam, scam, scam.

• Be
      16th of Mar, 2008

I received a letter from North American Lottery Corporation with a check for $2,900.00 enclosed. FINAL NOTICE in big red letters. I have been bouncing back their emails and ignoring their contacts. The letter instructed me to call Peter Brown at 1-877-827-3875 before depositing the check. I am told to send $2300.00 by moneygram for taxes and legal fees by March 24, 2008. The the rest of my winnings will by sent to me $950,000.00 after they receive their money. Well in the first place U S taxes would be more than $2300 on that amount of money,plus legal fees... The letter was signed by Edward Williams,CEO North American Lottery Company???

• Ke
      19th of Mar, 2008

I got a letter from North American Lottery on March 15, 2008 stating that I had winner of $950, 000.00 and a check for $2, 869.00 sent to me to cover legal and administration fees of $2300.00.That I was to call Peter Brown account manager prior to depositing(I cashed it..money in hand not in bank..smile..) the check, at 1-877-827-3875.The funds was insured in full value in my name and would be transferred to me when all requirements was met.By going to Wal-Mart and sending a Money-Gram, making payment to PETER BROWN NYC, NY 10040.Other named persons was EDWARD WILLIAMS CEO North American Lottery, Robert Davis mail room of said NYC address..and some one to contact Andria at Ph#877-249-6446.I cashed the check and it did go thur.(All over whent to pocket)Mr.Brown called to say that I needed to pay a nother $1445.00 for delivery fees...that is what got me to check this out...Is it for real??? or Not????.

14th of Jul, 2008

I recieved a check for 4850.00 saying that I won a lottery in the amount of 50, 000.00...The check was to cover the taxes that needed to be paid. After reading all the other comments...I know this is fake since it asked me to do the same at the above mentioned comments. I had to callDavid Jones at 647-836-6845. The letter was from Equity Financial in Ontario, Canada. The check was from NEP Supershooters L.P. Live Media LLC.

• Gi
      15th of Jul, 2008

I received a letter from Equity Financial saying I won a lottery from a North American Lottery Incorporation. I think this is a scam. It also told me to call David Jones and when I call it says his mailbox is full. Then the number called me back and on the caller Id it says it was a cell phone and nobody was on the other end. I don't think I will be cashing this check!!!

17th of Jul, 2008

I received one of these letters the other day. I googled the address and It is the same scam as I have read about on this sight. They want me to call Gary James or Edna King. THis should be reported to someone who can put a stop to it. This is nothing more than theivery and taking advantage of honest people by making them think they have won something when they haven't. There was also no postmark on the mailing envelope the letter came in...Maybe 20/20 would like to hear about this!!

• Sk
      25th of Jul, 2008

My son just got home from work, had envelope from North American Lottery letter for him w/ck enclosed for $3995.00 advising he won $55, 500.00 w/instructions to not cash ck until he calls Mr Bob Clems at 647-219-4469 & signed by Michael Hialop, Promotion Manager...he was thrilled, made his year.He was already planning on how to spend it ...I didn't want to burst his bubble, so I watched as he called Mr Clem...my son does not have a bank acct & he told Mr Clem this...Mr Clem told my son not to worry, but don't cash check til he, my son, was to call Mr Clem back after he got "everything ready" so my can receive his winnings...I told my son that when he calls back the phone will be disconnected.My son wanted to hold on to the belief that he was going to get a lot on money...that is when i came on line to see if I could find any info on North American Lottery...I thank you so much for being here.Needless to say my son not happy.

• Tj
      3rd of Aug, 2008

My wife just recieved the letter yesterday. It said it was the North American Lottery game and the letter was from Arista Financial Group. Natuarally I was excited but with the way the world is now you can't trust anyone so I found this website and i'm glad because the companies and addresses checked out. The check even said it was from Wachovia. DON'T TRUST ANYONE!!!

• Wi
      6th of Aug, 2008

My Granddaughter who lives in GA called my wife, we live in MO, and stated I had WON $4850. My wife told her it was a scam and to send the check to us. Turns out my wife was right. When I received the check and letter my wife checked the web and found this site. My check is drawn on PNC Bank, Pittsburgh on an account held by NEP SUPERSHOOTERS L.P. PITTSBURGH, PA. My letter stated is was from the North American Lottery.

• La
      19th of Aug, 2008

I just received the same letter as Jennifer. Word for Word except, MR. JOSEPH ABUGO, is the person I was suppose to contact. They said when I called that I was entered in a drawing automatically from shopping at Walmart. I did not attempt to deposit or cash it. I knew it was a scam from the begining. So I got on the phone to see what info. I could get from this guy. Just so I could report this scam. Then GOOGLED, and found this. Never ending scam artist in this world. I think they prey more on the young and nieve as well as the elderly. But, to all, BEWARE...THIS IS A SCAM. No matter who the contact person is, bank, or anything else you may receive in a lottery winnings letter. Florida.

20th of Aug, 2008

IT IS A SCAM I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT I GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL AND IT SAID IT WAS FROM THE CLEARING HOUSE. AND THAT I WON 100, 000.00 AND THEY SENT ME A CHECK FOR 4, 900.00 WHICH WAS PART OF THE MONEY TO PAY FOR MY GOVERNMENT TAXES AND I WAS TO PAY IT BY MONEY GRAM OR WESTERN UNION THEN I WOULD RECEIVE MY FINAL CHECK FOR THE SUM OF 95, 100.00 WILL BE SENT TO ME BY FED EX AND IT SAY DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THE CHECK TILL I CALL THE CLAIM AGENT AND I WAS TO CALL MR JOSEPH ABUGO 1-289-892-0002 (CLAME AGENT) SIGNED DONNA BROWN (PROMOTION MANAGER) I CALLED HIM HE IS ARAB AT THAT!!! AND THE BANK PNC BANK IN PITTSBURGH, PA ON FIFTH AVE ZIP CODE 15222 HAS NO CLUE ON TO WHAT IS GOING ON NOW THEY ARE INVESTGATING IT ALL. BUT WHEN YOU CALL MR DAVID JONES AND TALK TO HIM IT IS QUITE FUNNY CAUSE HE WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE SO MANY DAYS TO DO THIS AND IT IS NOT A SCAM THATS WHY THEY GO THROUGH WESTERN UNION AND FED EX OK HELLO PEOPLE I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY I REALLY PUT THE CHECK IN MY ACCOUNT IF YOU DO DO NOT I MEAN DO NOT SPEND IT IT MIGHT NOT EVEN GO THROUGH BUT IF FOR SOME REASON IT DOES YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MONEY IF YOU SPEND IT. JUST A LIL HEADS UP.now i have to number to this pnc banc if you would like to call and also report your scam to them also to hellp the investagation, , , FIFTH AVENUE
    249 FIFTH AVENUE
    Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    Saturday: Closed
    0.02 miles

1-888-PNC-BANK (1-888-762-2265, 6 a.m. to midnight eastern time, seven days a week) for assistance.

I HOPE NO MORE INNCENT PPL GET FOOLED BY THIS SCAM I KNOW WITH ME BEING A SINGAL MOTHER OF THREE LIVING ON DISABILITY DUE TO CANCER, , THIS MONEY REALLY SOUNDED GOOD AND WOULD OF HELPED ME AND MY KIDS OUT ALOT BUT PLEASE BY THE GRACE OF GOD PLEASE DO NOT BE FOOLED BY ANY OF THSES SCAMS PLEASE RESURCH EVERYTHING FIRST!!

• In
      29th of Aug, 2008

My teenage daughter received a letter from "North American Lottery" . This is a scam, do not answer or call the number. Do not cash the check...do not sent any money via Western Union. Taxes are definately not paid like that. The letters are mailed from Canada, harder to trace. Please protect your children.

• Bu
      2nd of Sep, 2008

i got the same letter check for 4900 send them 4100 i put the money in my bamk dont know whats going to happen

big bull

p.s
    im only 18 just messed up my creidt

• Da
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I received the same letter as the rest of you i surly was'nt fooled !!! I researched it fully ; called the so called company etc. We need to catch these people !!!

• Aa
      10th of Sep, 2008

Well I just recieved the CLEARING HOUSE letter, stating I had won $100, 000.00 from North American Lottery Inc. Enclosed was also the check for $4900.00 to pay the $4100.00 taxes on my winnings. I called David Jones as instructed...(Just like the letters above) he said deposit the check, wait for it to clear, then give him a call back to recieve instructions on how to pay the $4100 in taxes. Very polite, not pushy, gave no time limits. I called an accountant friend of mine, he researched same as I and found many similar comments...

FRAUD ! ! ! ! ! Why are these things allowed? I recieve several of these either in e-mail or the mail.

Good Luck out there.

Aaron

• Pa
      17th of Sep, 2008

I received the same letter and decided to investigate it. Thank God for the internet and guys like you who are willing to open the eyes of many. With the economy like it is, it was exciting and very impressive.
    I'm going to report it to the companies and the bank.

Pam

• Kr
      18th of Sep, 2008

Hey! I was shocked to open a letter with the $4, 800 check from The Clearing House saying that I had won $100, 000, and after paying the $4100 in taxes (by Money Gram or Western Union), I would soon receive my $95, 200 by FED EX or UPS. I obviously knew that it was either some type of scam, or hidden loan, and so I researched it further. Honestly, this sounded great to me and my husband, both of which are in either Nursing School or Pharmacy School! WOW, what a waste of time! I am so glad that I didn't cash the check or call the agent. Thank you everyone for enlightening me! :)