North American Lottery / SCAM!

I received a letter and check for $3920 stating I was the winner of the North American Sweepstakes Award Claim Unit for $55000US. The letter contained the flwg address: Sun Tower 509 Pay Ave, Ste 917, Nova Scotia B4A1E6. From the office of Laura Roberts, VP Finance Claims Dept. Tele# [protected], Attn: Lisa Austin or Dom Watson, Tele# [protected]. I was told the tax amt of $2785 would be used for taxes sent via Western Union. I did receive a call prior to receipt of this letter/check from someone with an African accent. The only thing I understood was him telling me to submit a check for $4000 because I had won the Lottery. I hung up on him. Not to long afterwards I received calls from a (647) area code which I blocked. The check was drawn on SunTrust Bank in Georgia. The watermark appeared authentic. However, through pulling up North American Sweepstakes Lottery Complaints I was taken to this website and discovered it was just a SCAM!

Thank all of you for reporting.

More North American Lottery Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Be
      Jan 12, 2011

I received a check from Neenan Group LLLP at 2620 E Prospect Rd. Ft. Collins, CO. 80525. The letter said the same thing that I won $100, 000 and just had to call the claim phone Michelle Snow 647-868-9054 (from Dave Campbell promotions Manager). Also, it stated then after calling I could deposit and cash the check for $4010.30. I checked this website, and it looks like a scam:) Thanks for all of your help.