North American Lending / Scam and fraud!

1 205 Maywood AveMaywood, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18662057012 ex 805

applied for a $7000.00 loan with this company. I was sent a 'pre-approval' email. The contact person was Anthony Stevens at the 866 number x805. I spoke with him and documentation of my income, identification and ssn were requested. These items were faxed. I was informed I was approved for the loan and the terms and conditions would be faxed to me, but 'Anthony' explained the terms over the phone. I was informed I would need to put down a $700.00 (10%) deposit as insurance. This would be for the companies protection in the event I could not pay in the future.

When I received the email from kcooper@getnorthamericanlending.com, I was given instructions to wire the money to 'Anna Rodriguez' person to person to Hamilton, Ont and if questioned at Western Union, to say it was a 'loan to a friend'. I never heard anything again!

Comments

• Me
      28th of Feb, 2008

You were scammed and it wasn't by a legitimate company. First of all, a company would never ask you to pay money payable to an individual. The money would be payable to the company. Also, if an american company has you sending money to another country, that should be a pretty big hint. Oh yeah! Why would you send the money when they told you to say it was money for a friend if asked? That is an immediate sign that they are committing something fraudulent. There are legitimate companies out there that use the name north american lending. You are hurting their reputation. Next time, do your research, and don't be so willing to be a party to fraud.

• Du
      9th of May, 2008

I had the same thing happen, but I didn't send the money because I found your fraud warning. The company was American Lending Ltd. 2832 Teal Drive, Fullerton CA. I researched them with the Better Business Bureau and found they had no complaints and a link on the BBB web site that let me to the company web site I was looking at. The address and everything match. But a loan company doesn't operate by Western Union. I closed my Bank Account because they got what they need to get what they wanted when I sent my SS, Bank, and D.L #'s. How good is using the BBB web site to search companies? I did make a complaint to have the link at least remove for their site.

16th of May, 2008

Yeah, this company also works under American Lending LTD. They said I had to pay insurance of $1481, then tax b/c of Canada. Location was Toronto, Onatario, Canada & Pickering, Ontario Canada. The insurance money went to Kayla Samuels, the tax money went to Alistair Hunter. I am pissed! They took my rent, bill, and food money, and I told them that if I did not get the loan in time, I would suffer loosing my rental, cell phone, and not be able to even buy food. I had even called the Better Business Bureau before hand, and they said there were no complaints, and the company had 3 star rating. I don't understand. But I hope these people by the laws of the universe get ten fold return of their actions.

• Rb
      31st of Mar, 2010

I fell for it . they scamed me for 1500 .00 that i could not afford now I can't even call them as their phone has been dis connected . What now
    I just got another ad in the mail today from another co in the same format they call themselves HAMP resources beware it sounds like the same thing ! Is there any way to stop this ?