North American Fishing Club / Fraud

1 Minnetonka, MN, United States Review updated:

I signed up & paid for one (1) year membership. I was to get 6 magazines, quite a few gifts & free test items. I only got 2 magazines, several cheap packs of hooks & a multitude of requests for me to send them more money to become a life-time member. This extra money will include many-many more free items & a life-time membership. Bull!!! I have not received all of what I was promised in the single year membership.

Ri

Comments

• Bo
      15th of Aug, 2008

In mail today got threatening letter from North American Fishing Club, threatening to turn me over to a collection agency, etc, if I didn't cough up their membership fee. I do not fish anymore, haven't fished for years. I never even heard of these people. Thanks to websites like yours, I learned that they are part of North American Membership Group, as is Handyman Club of America and numerous other phony "clubs" which are actually nothing more than for-profit companies. Handyman Club is probably where they got my name and address, as I was briefly a member, soon realized what a rip-off they were and used my cancellation privileges to get a refund of my Handyman Club money. I guess this is how they try to get the money back again. Anyhow, I've been talking to people, and so far have convinced three other members of the Group's various clubs to drop their memberships in their respective clubs. I have a call in to the USPS Postal Inspector, but haven't gotten anything back yet.

• To
      18th of Feb, 2009

i just recived a packet in the mail from nort american fishing club.
    i have not been fishing in at leat two years.
    i rember them from about eight years ago .
    they sent me the same thing . i singed up the only thing that i received from them was a pack of hooks. that the hole was not even closed on them. they went in the trash .just like what is going to happen to there RSVP today.
    take care and GOD BLESS.
    DONT LET THEM HOOK YOU

• Ga
      14th of Mar, 2009

I BECOME A MEMBER OF N.A.F.C. FIRST, THEN A LIFE TIME MEMBER . I WOULD GUESS MY COMPLAINTS WOULD BE A LOT LIKE OTHERS WHO HAVN'T RECEIVED THE PROMOS PROMISED. I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR MONTHS TO RECEIVE MY FISHING REEL WITH MY NAME WRITTEN ON IT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS BUT THEY KEEP TRYING TO GET ME TO UP GRADE TO THE NEXT LEVEL. IF THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD AND TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE LIKE US WHO WORK HARD AND TRY HAVE SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF AND THEN BE DECEIVED IS A DISGRACE. UPON A NOTICE I RECEIVED FROM THEM THERE WAS A PHONE NUMBER I TRIED TO CALL AND TO MY SURPRISE A VOICE MESSAGE DIRECTED ME TO CALL A SEX FHONE. I'M GOING TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO. I TRULY HOPE THIS IS NOT A SCAM, IT WOULD A GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT. IN THE PAST YEAR THEY'VE MANAGED TO GET OVER FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS OF MY MONEY PLUS WHAT I PAID FOR BOOKS, COINS ETC. I'VE BEEN UP TO MY NECK WITH SCAMS OVER THE YEARS AND THIS ONE MAY BE THE ONE THAT BREAKS THE CAMELS BACK. GOD HELP THEM IF N.A.F.C. "NORTH AMERICAN FISHING CLUB " IS DISHONEST FRAUDULENT. YOU SHALL SURELY COME TO NAUGHT!

• Ra
      25th of Apr, 2009

I have never had a problem with them. I have been a member since 2004 and just recently, received a product to test that was worth $130.00, which I get to keep. I would recommend joining if you like to fish. They have always done what they said they would. They even continued my account with out a break while I was in Iraq and could not get a hold of them for over a month with out an additional charge or cancellation because of the break in membership. Their number is 1-800-843-6232 and their email is memberservices@fishingclub.com

24th of May, 2009

I am a lifetime member since 1996. I field tested a fishing product fo them and kept it when the test was done. You must volunteer to test gear; They don't send it without asking. The only thing you must do is fill out an evaluation form with the results (your opinion). I had only one problem at the beginning of my membership and resolved it via e-mail. The only thing I wish for is more west coast fishing coverage. Too much of the coverage is the east coast and the great lakes. I am surprised to see these complaints. I'm also a member of The Handyman Club (the same organization) and have had no problems whatsoever. I consider their magazine information to be very good and useful

• Fi
      27th of May, 2009

Well, I got this nice letter inviting me to join at a special $10 introductory for 1 year. I also won a "Filet Knife Set" and "2 bobbers."
    I sent in my card for membership.
    I RECEIVED an invoice IMMEDIATELY saying if I paid $36 they would send me the "Filet Knives" and "bobbers".
    NO MENTION of the $10 special they enticed me with.
    Basically, when I see the free gifts they PROMISED, they'll get my $10 they quoted to me for a 1 year trail membership.
    I don't see that happening as I've read several complaints on the net regarding their questionable practices of extorting members.

10th of Jul, 2009

I have been with HAFC for over 2 years & went in as a Life Member & recieved everything they said in the ad. That includes the fishing pole with my name on it & fishing reel. I am sending in my test profile to test more products.

• Ka
      26th of Aug, 2009

I don't fish never god damn it and I've got today a packet and card from NAFC that assign me as official member. Please anybody know what to do? To return packet or just to ignore it?

• Te
      22nd of Sep, 2009

I also was told it was just a $1 a month but got the bill and it was either $24 for two years or $36 for three years. I have received only 1 magazine. I was not able to pay the price that they wanted me to pay so now I get a notice that they want to send me to a collection agency. I was also promised gifts for a one year subscription. I can't pay that price or 2 and 3 years. I just wanted 1 to see if I liked it not 2 and 3 years.

• Du
      23rd of Feb, 2010

Thanks to all of you! Iwas going to join, but the nay's outweigh the yay's. Thanks again.

• Du
      23rd of Feb, 2010

Thanks to all of you, Iwas going to join but the nay's outweigh the yay's. Thanks again.