North American Bancard / They lie to get your money!

1 969 Chicago RoadTroy, MI, United States Review updated:

How this company continues to lie and steal from small businesses is unbelievable. Is anybody interested in trying to do something about it? If you�re interested please give me a call [protected] my email is dew2006 AT verizon.net maybe we can get a �Class Action Suit� going against them or gather enough complaints to attract the attention of the Attorney General.

In June of 2006 � I spoke with a salesperson that said he could save our company a lot of money processing credit cards; after a few months I realized that we were paying more then ever, I called customer service but they had the attitude that they could care less about what the salespeople say to sign up new customers.

Fed up with all of the fees being charged I stopped using their service in June 2008, my bank account is still being debited every month for $35 (5 x $35= $175) with no service being provided. On November 18th, 2008 I called to cancel the service and was told that I would be charged a $295 early termination fee because my 3 year contract wasn�t up (the salesperson lied) and that I needed to send back the Hypercom T7P (salesperson said I would own it after 1 year) or I would be charged an additional $495. I no longer have the Hypercom T7P because it wouldn�t work with the new credit card processing service, believing that I owned it because it had been over 1 year; I traded it for a new unit. Since I no longer have the unit I offered to send them a brand new (Hypercom T7P) which can be easily purchased for between $110 and $150, the customer service rep said I couldn�t do that and that I would have to pay them the $495.

$295 + $495 + $175 = $965 with no service being provided!!

Va

Comments

Ki
  15th of Jan, 2009

Dear Merchant,

North American Bancard works very diligently to resolve all customer issues and complaints. Since our inception in 1992, we have worked with over 125, 000 merchants of all sizes and levels of complexity. We provide a high level of service and support to our customers, as is evidenced by the low number of complaints we handle. Occasionally we, like any other large company, may make a mistake or mishandle an issue. When these are brought to our attention we resolve them to the best of our ability. Our 250+ employees work hard every day to make doing business with NAB a pleasure for our merchants and stakeholders, all we ask is the opportunity to recover well.

Per our conversation this week, an agreement was signed for a length of 36 months that had a Free Terminal Agreement. The Terminal Agreement states that if the terminal is not returned you would be responsible for the value of the Hypercom T7P terminal in the amount of $495.00.

Within the Terms and Condition, Section 5 of the Terms and Conditions clearly states, “Merchant agrees to pay and Merchant's account(s) will be charged for the discount, fees, and other charges described in this Agreement.” On Page 5 of the Merchant Application, under Merchant Acceptance, it clearly states, “A copy of the Card Services Terms and Conditions, revision number 08/07, has been provided to you. Please sign below to signify that you have received a copy of the Card Services Terms & Conditions and that you agree to all terms and conditions contained therein.” and the Individual Guaranty also states, “I/We have read, understand, and agree to
be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement on pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.”

As advised on the phone, your account has been closed as of December 4, 2008.

Should you have any questions regarding this response, please have your Merchant number ready and contact our Customer Service at 800-226-2273 Ext.1300, so that your specific situation may be properly researched and addressed.

Sincerely,

North American Bancard

St
  2nd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I am very interested in filing a class action lawsuit with you. I am also composing a list of blogs and business review/complaint sites and I will be posting my problem everywhere. They may have stolen money from me, but I will make sure I let as many people know as possible so I may stop them from being victims of this horrible company.

14th of May, 2010

I went with EXS Credit Card Processing ( www. EXSCreditCardProcessing. com ) because they did not screw me with high processing and monthly fees. They also placed me in a free credit card terminal to minimize my upfront costs when i opened my new restaurant. I highly recommend EXS if you dont want hassles or unexpected high expenses with other providers...

Sr
  5th of Jun, 2010

F-OFF Yanni - this again is another post from a processor looking for business. No restaurant owner (new in the business) calls their machines "terminals". Plus who in their right mind would try and OPEN a new restaurant with the economic times as they are. Restaurants are Closing, NOT opening, !!!

5th of Jun, 2010

Classy! Having a bad day? My restaurant and the 'terminal' that my friend at EXS provided me if doing very well. Cant say the same for you?

Co
  14th of Jun, 2010

RE: EXS Credit Card Processing posts by Yani92625: Being that you have posted the same comment on a LOT of complaints against other companies, I must agree with one of the other posters. It does appear you are simply promoting/advertising them...

14th of Jun, 2010

Of course i am...this is a complaints board! I am simply recommending this company because i was referred to them by a friend, i use them because they have treated me right and thought it might help others who had problems with their existing merchant account...oh well...

Je
  8th of Nov, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have had a ton of problems with this company. My rep is a liar of all sorts, he told me he would take care of my bank and cancel everything for me. His company would pay for any fees that my old company would charge me.

None of that has been done and he has been beating around the bush and avoiding my calls and texts and giving me excuse after excuse when he does answer. He now has my bank statements and documents and was supposed to return them today but magically his daughter had an appointment in a hospital in denver. This isn't the first time either that he has ditched me when he said he would meet with me. I am out about 400 dollars from my old company right now and about 100 of random charges from NAB have not been returned to my account.

I am beyond frustrated and have no idea what I can do to fix this! I called customer service like the post says above and they just jerked me around just like my rep has been doing. They told me it wasn't their problem and they couldn't do anything about it because they are individual reps. Bunch of [censor] if you ask me that they couldn't help me out at all it's there f-ing company.

Bunch of scammers if you ask me.

Ma
  6th of Apr, 2011
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

I fell for their trick also. I cancelled the account on Dec 2010. I received a cancellation confirmation and every end of the month they debit fees as if I'm still their customer. I called today and their senior rep says that I have a second account that I have not cancelled and its beyond my 45 day cancellation period. The funny part is when they send me a contract that my salesman gave them, it shows more pages than the copy he gave me. He actually had the nerve to forge my initals on the pages he never showed me that shows a contract. I'm ready to take these guys down if you are. Let's get a big number of their victims and sue and get our moneies back. my number is 315-863-8287 Syracuse, NY.

De
  26th of May, 2011
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

Hey guys, I am also interested in filing a class action suit against this den of thieves, North American Bancard. Let's join forces. StoneandBone, Jen213, Magdi, I will be contacting you among the others on this site who have been lied to and stolen from by this fraudulent company. We will get our money back. Call me at 214-327-2436 to discuss. It's tough enough being a small business without having to deal with con artists. NAB is going down.

Rp
  31st of May, 2011

Hello Dendro, and anyone else this concerns,
Before taking such a time consuming, and expensive action as requesting legal assistance, we recommend that you contact our Research department for help. If you have a problem, let us solve it. It will be much more beneficial to you then to continue corresponding on this website. Please contact our Research Analyst, Scott, at (800) 226-2273, extension 1256. This individual's primary responsibility is to make right, what has potentially been made wrong. If you are uncomfortable communicating with us over the phone, we can resolve your issue entirely through email, you may write Scott at scott@nabancard.com.

Je
  29th of Jul, 2011

I was told I would receive missing funds from 6-30-11 to 7-4-11 (which had fallen off, whatever that means) in 7 to 10 business days from 7-19-11. Tomorrow will be 9 business days, no sign of my money. One month to receive funds is completely unacceptable. It has been a nitemare dealing with NABC. I have almost been put out of business. I am also trying to recover $279. in charges for nothing but 2 PC Charge CD's (pretty expensive). I just want my money.
Jeanbud

Sc
  4th of Aug, 2011

Jeanbud,
My name is Scott, and I'm the Research Analyst at NAB. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing inconveniences with our company. Unfortunately, I am unaware of your specific account number to diagnosis your concerns. If you would like me to research your situation, please email me at Scott@nabancard.com. If you would rather call me directly, you may do so at (866) 485-8999, extension 1256.

Ch
  9th of Feb, 2012

Yep.. Same old same old from Yani.. Including the fact that she apparently owns a computer repair store in another thread. You are obviously a fake.

Du
  31st of May, 2012

Rebecca,
You said "we have canceled your account and removed all amounts from the collection agency". But why has the NAB placed the cancelled/clear account with another collection agent! ?

Rp
  13th of Jun, 2012

Hello DukeL,

Your account has been removed from all collection agencies. A follow-up inquiry will be sent to each agency to assure that all loses have been cleared.

If additional assistance is needed, please do not hesitate to contact me at 1-866-485-8999, extension 1251or via email vjanckson@nabancard.com.

Sincerely,
Veronica Jackson
Research Analyst

Fl
  24th of Feb, 2014

i closed my account in 2011, and had no issues with closing the account. i signed the letter i was supposed to and enclosed it with the equipment i had received from the company as instructed. now a few years later i have received a call from a collection agency that i did not close my account correctly and owed almost $1, 000. the woman at the agency yelled and berated me for not reading the fine print and demanded i pay something or she would "proceed". i found my paperwork that i owe nothing, and even called the company to double check. i received an email confirming my account was closed and i owed nothing, not even the equipment. i sent that info the collection agency and was accused of having a friend at the agency write the correspondence i received and forwarded to the collection agency. after receiving that confirmation from north american bancard, the collection agency has changed their story and are now claiming i still owe the equipment and sent me a copy of the letter i signed and enclosed in the package with the equipment. so, how is it that i owe the equipment if they have a copy of the letter that confirms i enclosed it with the equipment? it makes no sense, and feels like a massive scam.