North American Auto Market / Rip off

I've read the couple of reports here and what happened to me was this guy Sean from the northamericanautomarket.com called me several times saying that he already has people waiting for my car to enrolled on the website so that they can buy my car because they provide loan also. He said that a lot of people don't have big sum of money that's why they contacted this company. After purchasing enrollment for $299, he called me for description of my car. If somebody is waiting for my car, why would they need more description? That 299 was for the advertisement on the website and guess what? It was only viewed 11 times in 3 weeks. That's a really bad, horrible website. In Entire Ontario, my Honda Civic was only car enrolled. I felt like being lied to the very next day of purchasing whatever it is, so I called him and asked him what's going on and he didn't even remember me. May be he didn't want to remember me. The guy who called me several times in last couple of days didn't even remember me the very next day. What a sorry ###. right?? And there was one response saying that this is not a scam because he was working in the refund department. Let me tell you about that.

After 60 days of car not selling, you can make a copy of an ownership and send it to their website I guess then they will refund not fully but only 200 dollars. where the 99 dollars go? I don't know. so I am guessing if the customers are getting refund they still lose 99 dollars. If they rip off 100 people, it is 9900 dollars pure profit of ###ting to people. That's a good deal right?

I can't stand people who rip people off to be wealthy. It's unethical and inhumanly. I hope somebody take a step further and develop a case against them, you will have me on the road. Thank you for reading and I hope this doesn't happen to you.

Mo

Comments

• He
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I too recieved a call asking about my truck, claiming to have several ppl interested in my truck and they had already been approved for the full asking price of the truck. All i had to do was give them 299 and they would have the truck sold. When asked fora guarantee for my money back if my truck did not sell...the answer is "we have a written guarantee" ???? Backed by what???? Nothing!!! Nothing but a scam. When i told my Father about this he phoned the company asking about the service without revealing how he had heard about them. The representative went as far as to tell my father he would have to sue the company to get any money back! The legal costs arnt worth it and they no that! Thank god i didnt give them any info...I hope this helps other too. Anyone who contacts YOU and asks YOU for money is off their rocker...and so are you if you believe it!!!
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT ASSOCIATE YOURSELF WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

• Of
      16th of Mar, 2009

After investigation these complaints, we have determined that Northamericanautomarket.com is not a scam and offers a valuable service with a 60 day money back guarantee. These comlaints are fake and neither person is or was a customer of Northamericanautomarket.com We are trying to locate these individuals who are slandering the name of a legitimate business.

• Dj
      18th of Mar, 2009

I too have been taken by NorthAmericanAutoMartet.com. Their customer service STINKS! There is no direct number to call them. All you can do is leave a voicemail or email. It normally requires between 2 to 3 voice or emails to get a response. It took me 2 weeks to even get a receipt for payment. To say that I am disappointed with the service would be an understatement. I will never again be doing business with them. They are based in Ottawa, but I haven't been able to dig anything else up yet. I will be making a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau on them. These people are wrong to pray on people just trying to sell their vehicle. I got more responses for posting personally on Kijiji than these guys ever gave me. Not one person veiwing my add, and not one phone call, when I was told that they already had 4 people lined up and looking for exactly what I was selling. I lowered my price by $4000 lower than asking price in the province, and still no bites. Do not do business with these people. Never was told that there was a $100 administration or advertising fee, just that there was a money back guarantee. They may be a legit business, but they suck at doing what they do. They simply make money $100 at a time, because you will never see that back.

• Tr
      19th of Mar, 2009

Thanks so much for your posts!!
    I received a call from Adam at NorthAmericanAutoMartet.com and told him i'd think about it. Then Troy called me and made me think about joining a little more until i seen your complaints against them. I double checked your statement "All you can do is leave a voicemail or email" and that is indeed correct which also made me feel uneasy. They also have an F rating with the BBB.
    Thanks again for sharing your stories as i feel you saved me from a scam.

• Cc
      31st of Mar, 2009

I was also taken victim by these scammers!!! I knew I should have gone with my gut feeling and not agreed to give them the $299. I thought, heck why not, they'll give me my money back anyways, so it's worth a shot. NO IT IS NOT!! After several months of my truck not selling and NOT getting even ONE phone call on it, I called them to ask for my refund. No answer, no returned call. Nothing. I called and called and emailed every email address I could get my hands on. Finally I filed a formal complaint with the BBB and notified our local news station's scam expert. I did finally get my money back but it took A LOT of work.

STAY AWAY from "North American Auto Market". Oh and also, I think they've switched their name to "Empire Auto Marketing". I recently got several calls from this company and they ask you the same questions and say the same things as NAAM.

• Dc
      16th of Apr, 2009

How did you all get your money back? We're being scammed by them right now as well. It says on their website that "Customers must fax a notarized vehicle registration to prove they still own the vehicle within 5 business days of the advertisement expiration. The advertisement expiration on all special offers is 60 days from date of purchase." Are they still able to screw you over after doing this?
    Let me know please!

• Be
      16th of Apr, 2009

Just a headsup. northamericanautomarket.com is basically a scam. I paid them $300 precisely 11 months ago and I didn't have a single call. They say they only make money if they sell your call, NO, they make 300 for NOTHING. They will tell you that they have a willing buyer but only if you pay the 'Advertising Fee' (300); it doesn't make sense. why would they need me to pay the 300 before if they only make money from the financing? Just don't go for that scam; if your car doesn't sell on Craigslist/kijiji/autotrader then it won't sell

• Da
      9th of Jun, 2009

I had the same problem, It's been a year and still no refund at all.
    I have left numerous voicemails, faxed and emailed my vehicle registration and nothing.
    I have filed a complaint with the RCMP, you can do it too, maybe we can do something if a the RCMP gets involved.( http://recol.ca/ )
    That post by user( Officer Craig Johnson) is a fake, probably one of the people working there.

• Ra
      11th of Jun, 2009
    North American Auto Market - Basically scam
    North American Auto Market
    northamericanautomarket.com

Northamericanautomarket.com is basically a scam. I paid them $300 precisely 11 months ago and I didn't have a single call. They say they only make money if they sell your call, NO, they make 300 for NOTHING. They will tell you that they have a willing buyer but only if you pay the 'Advertising Fee' (300); it doesn't make sense. why would they need me to pay the 300 before if they only make money from the financing? Just don't go for that scam; if your car doesn't sell on Craigslist/kijiji/autotrader then it won't sell.

• Gr
      6th of Jul, 2009

Complete scammers, I know someone who works there and it is a complete scam. They chuckle over beers about how gullible The 'Clients" are. Anyway stay away at all cost any company that calls you from you ad on auto trader. I guess there are more companies like this. Hope this helps

21st of Jul, 2009

Needless to say, I signed up with this company about 3 months ago. The young lady called me telling me she had a buyer for my truck. At first I didnt believe her, because I had gotten so many calls from companies like this. But this young lady assured me it was worth it. I gave her my visa number, they charged me that same day and I sent in my photos right away. For 3 weeks then I hadnt heard a thing so I called my agent and asked her what was going on and if that guy was still interested. She sounded like she was giving me the run around, so I just simply asked her how to get my money back. she said I had to wait until it had been 60 days to send in my notorized registration then they would credit the refund. I laughed and said okay but then she said- seriously gord, I dont think its guna come down to that your truck is really nice.
    Anywho, about 5 days before my 60 days expired, I recieved a call from someone who saw the truck on their site. I almost didnt believe it at first but the guy came down the same day checked it out, ended up buying the truck the next day.
    I couldnt believe it! I actually called the agent and apologized for having such bad thoughts about the whole thing.. then it ended up working out for me after all. Im surprised to hear about your guys luck though.. I have recommended friends and co workers to this company also.. not all sold their vehicle but they did get their money back atleast.

Its maybe not the greatest company out there but its definitely better than most. Including the auto trader

• Sc
      11th of Aug, 2009

I too am having trouble getting my money back. Not one call fro anyone who say thmy vehicle on their site. I still have the vehicle and I sent in my registration over a ago. I do not have time to go get the registration notarized so i took pictures of me holding a calendar showing the licence plate and the registration and sent that too them.

They are very slick on the phone, they say they have hundreds of buyers and because they finance the vehicles, it is as good as sold is what I was told. Scam as far as I am concerned.

You nevver hear any advertising about them so they obviously put all the money they make into their pockets and not advertising your vehicle.