Normans Used Appliances / Bait & Switch

1 Ocala, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 352-690-7979

Wife went to Normans and purchased a nice looking white refrigerator for around $300.00 for one of our rental properties. The next day our tenant called and said thet the refrigerator was not working. We called Normans and they agreed to send out a replacement.

Great service! So far!! I did not get by the rental unit for a few months, bust when I did, I found out that Normans had indeed sent our a replacement that worked, but it looked like it came from a dump! My tenant was a very clean person, and this refrigerator was nothing short of a piece of junk. It was not white, it didn't have a grill in the botton, and was no way close to the one my wife had purchased.

When I went down to talk to him about it, he was very shifty, and refused to do anything about it.

All I can say is "BUYER BE WARE!"

Comments

• Co
      16th of Feb, 2009

I'm sorry but I personally know Norman Rath and I believe your wrong. I heard recently from someone that was buying from his shop that there was a ANGRY customer the other day that stated that they were going to trash him on a blog for something regarding business. I'm just guessing you would be the one. Knowing Norman for many years, I've heard the many issues he's had with his customers and his policies. Maybe you should suggest to him a "customer seminar" stating all of his policies. He entitles with his great decent prices a 30 day warranty, which described to me entitles 30 days for everything that had been tested in his shop, that the buyers [landlords or for personal use] to make sure that the things you buy are in working order and what you want before the 30 days. I take in great offense that you would even try to lure people from his HONEST business. He has done business for well over 3 decades in Ocala and he will continue to do so. So complain all you want, from what has been stated I believe Norm had the right to do nothing about it because of his firm warranty policy.

• Kk
      20th of Mar, 2009

I agree with the first blog!!!Norman's Electronic is the worst company ever. Poor Customer Service; Untimely Service, Poor technicians, etc... I would never use them again. It took 5 weeks for them to repair my plasma. And my plasma is still acting up...

BUYER BE WARE!!!

• Co
      11th of Jun, 2009

Sorry KKP but the Norman's your talking about is totally different. Norman's Used Appliances is in no way affiliated with HHGregg. Don't believe me? Example one is Norman's does not repair TV's, the only thing that Norman's Repairs are Washers & Dryers, Ranges, Refrigerators, Dishwashers and Microwaves and Sells them + AC Units. So sorry you were mistaken in company's